Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mountains and Castles
12Next >
1785 61 2019-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Hello friends! It is definitely true all we love mountains and castles. Another one trip, full of adventures and emotions, to the Borderland - Ukrainian Carpathians. Hope you enjoy!

There are following locations: ...
00:01 Chervonogorod Castle
00:22 Mount Zhandarm (1763 m) Dragobrat region
00:28 Kamianets-Podilskyi Castle
00:36 Mount Shpytsi (1863 m)
00:42 Hotyn Fortress
01:01 Kremenets town
01:15 Kremenets fortress
01:49 Dzembronia
02:17 Verhovyna
03:04 Mount Blyznytsa (1883 m) Dragobrat region
03:31 Pnev Castle

Dragobrat

Dragobrat

Blyznytsa

Blyznytsa

Dragobrat

Dragobrat

Hotyn

Hotyn

Dragobrat

Dragobrat
2019-5-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Lysak2003. Thank you for sharing this beautiful video you have captured using your DJI Spark. Nicely done and thank you for your support.
2019-5-7
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-7 09:47
Hello and good day Lysak2003. Thank you for sharing this beautiful video you have captured using your DJI Spark. Nicely done and thank you for your support.

Thank you Stephen! Spark has great abilities to shoot in whole range of weather condition and proved it again. Even brief rain didn't stop him! So thank you DJI!
2019-5-7
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Very nice video!
2019-5-7
Use props
MccloudSpark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

WOW! What a nice video!  You had so many stunning captures. The castle is remarkable (cool that the raven was so close).  Love the flowering trees in the fog. I could go on and on - but great work Michael!
2019-5-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Lysak2003 Posted at 5-7 09:52
Thank you Stephen! Spark has great abilities to shoot in whole range of weather condition and proved it again. Even brief rain didn't stop him! So thank you DJI!

You are very much welcome Lysak2003. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-5-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great combination of subjects and excellent footage - especially the black bird!
2019-5-7
Use props
gmozo
lvl.4
United States

well done that was such an amazing footage! what kind of editing software you used for this video?
2019-5-7
Use props
Arnie R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80958 ft
United States

Wow! Just like a beautiful travel documentary. Fantatstic
2019-5-7
Use props
Roy Rogers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Saw this on my Youtube first and wanted to say how Amazing it is but commits are off .So i found it here . Great job man , Love the Bird / drone chase . good piloting
2019-5-8
Use props
Blackpaw
lvl.4
Netherlands

Lysak2003, thank you much and yes, a beautiful video.  Very nice and good mix of landscapes, and views.  How long did it take you to get the videos together to make it?  Just curious for my own knowledge.
2019-5-8
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent video, your editing skills are getting better with each one too. Nice transitions from the mountains to the town and castle as well. The trees in the mist are very photogenic.  I think you could spend years in those locations and not film everything!
2019-5-8
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

S-e-ven Posted at 5-7 10:14
Very nice video!

Thanks for watching me!
2019-5-9
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

MccloudSpark Posted at 5-7 12:06
WOW! What a nice video!  You had so many stunning captures. The castle is remarkable (cool that the raven was so close).  Love the flowering trees in the fog. I could go on and on - but great work Michael!

Thank you for so kind words! Oh, there was an issue with these ravens. As we have known lately it was a nest on the back wall of the fortress and we unwillingly disturbed them. Luckily all ended well.
Fog also brought some nervous moments: the drone once desided that fog is actually solid groud (it is how downward sensor works) and started auto landing process, that I could't stop. I was above the tree and afraid to land on it. Hopfuly I could handle it.
So it was a trip full of emoutions
Thanks for watching!
2019-5-9
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

A J Posted at 5-7 14:30
Great combination of subjects and excellent footage - especially the black bird!

Thank for encourage me!
The bird tried to chase me because we approached to close to their nest. So we retired from there very fast and didn't shoot to much.
All we have to be recpectful to Mother Nature and her children
Thanks for watching!
2019-5-9
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

gmozo Posted at 5-7 18:03
well done that was such an amazing footage! what kind of editing software you used for this video?

Thank you for positive response!
As I mention in the final frame of the video, it is Adobe Premiere Pro 2017. It is quite stable and powerful program with lots of features to handle any issues with colours, contrast, exposure and so on. It helps to cut and mutch your footage with an audio track really well.
Thanks for watching!
2019-5-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lysak2003 Posted at 5-9 02:29
Thank for encourage me!
The bird tried to chase me because we approached to close to their nest. So we retired from there very fast and didn't shoot to much.
All we have to be recpectful to Mother Nature and her children

Very true mate
2019-5-9
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

Arnie R Posted at 5-7 18:29
Wow! Just like a beautiful travel documentary. Fantatstic
Thank you so much for your words and thanks for watching me!
2019-5-9
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

A J Posted at 5-9 02:35
Very true mate

I always knew the DJI drone community is the wisest and kindest in the whole World
2019-5-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lysak2003 Posted at 5-9 02:44
I always knew the DJI drone community is the wisest and kindest in the whole World

Some are hahahahaha
2019-5-9
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

A J Posted at 5-9 02:45
Some are hahahahaha
Who, if not we, has to do this world a little better? We have a gear that DJI gave us (sold us actually) so the power of sharing beauty of the Earth is on the our side;)
2019-5-9
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

Roy Rogers Posted at 5-8 02:27
Saw this on my Youtube first and wanted to say how Amazing it is but commits are off .So i found it here . Great job man , Love the Bird / drone chase . good piloting

Thank you so much Roy.
Situation with comments on Youtube is really strange because of settings that I adjusted when posted that video was "allow comments from everyone".
Thank you for watching me, really appreciate it!
2019-5-9
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Enchanting!
2019-5-9
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

Blackpaw Posted at 5-8 02:34
Lysak2003, thank you much and yes, a beautiful video.  Very nice and good mix of landscapes, and views.  How long did it take you to get the videos together to make it?  Just curious for my own knowledge.

Thank you for the supportive comment! It took me seven days to shoot and four days to stick all footages together. I think, the main issue is to find proper sound at the very beginning of the editing.  I have had a real problem with one of my recent video: I almost completed editing process and suddenly realized that sound not much with mood of an image. It was a tough decision to re-edit whole film to another one audio track.
Thanks for watching me!
2019-5-9
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32031 ft

Australia

Lysak2003 Posted at 5-9 13:00
Thank you for the supportive comment! It took me seven days to shoot and four days to stick all footages together. I think, the main issue is to find proper sound at the very beginning of the editing.  I have had a real problem with one of my recent video: I almost completed editing process and suddenly realized that sound not much with mood of an image. It was a tough decision to re-edit whole film to another one audio track.
Thanks for watching me!

Yikes! Yes that would be heart breaking to have to re mix to another track. Hey its all practice though right!   

This is definitely your best work to date, even the wildlife was on your side. Loved the fog and the sound track was perfect for it. This really should get put on the Digest. If you ever start a crowd fund site to get a Inspire, Id chip in a few bucks just to see what you can do with a real drone.

Do you shoot in auto? I know everyone goes on about shooting in manual but for me where I am the light is so harsh that I'm forever having to change aperture/exposure settings, if i shoot manual.
2019-5-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great footage
2019-5-9
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

ChrisJG Posted at 5-8 12:04
Excellent video, your editing skills are getting better with each one too. Nice transitions from the mountains to the town and castle as well. The trees in the mist are very photogenic.  I think you could spend years in those locations and not film everything!

Thank you Chris! It definitely worth to see. If you will have a chance to visit Western Ukraine, don't miss this opportunity: it's really cheap, free from register your drone (I've just read about flying in Thailand and quite dumbfounded https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=188279), you don't need any licence or insurance. Local cuisine is famously amazing (like Polish one) and people are kind and hospitable.
Thanks for encouraging me!   
2019-5-10
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

Thank you for positive response and thanks for watching me!
2019-5-10
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

Thank you for support! Hope you like this video.
2019-5-10
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

RJB1 Posted at 5-9 14:40
Yikes! Yes that would be heart breaking to have to re mix to another track. Hey its all practice though right!   

This is definitely your best work to date, even the wildlife was on your side. Loved the fog and the sound track was perfect for it. This really should get put on the Digest. If you ever start a crowd fund site to get a Inspire, Id chip in a few bucks just to see what you can do with a real drone.

Hello and thanks for watching! And thank you for your compliments and wishes. I will think about your  crowdfunding idea
I always shoot in manual mode: manual exposure value (to change only shutter speed and never touch ISO)  and manual  White Balance. It is vitally important that camera settings not to change during one scene because of viewers will notice that. Tell you a story from last trip.I was shooting those rafters on the river (you can see them on 02:07) and then decided to wait for another one group and shoot them in Active Track mode. I forgot, that in Intelligent mode camera switches to auto EV. I was waiting and waiting, but they didn't come, so I decided to give up and shoot something else in neighbor area. I didn't notice, that camera was in auto and shot whole battery long with this settings. Result - complete rubbish Image just fluctuate whole the time.
If you want to get that "cinematic" look of your footage, just always shoot with manual shutter speed and WB. Another one tips: try to shoot in early morning and late evening (they call it Golden Hours). It definitely helps to reduce amount of sunlight. Images from bright sunny days never look good, I think you know it better than me because of your fotographer past.

The problem with re-editing was to match every single frame to new length of music bit. In first time it was about 6 sec, in second one - only 3 sec. I ended up with lack of footage and have to go to this location once more and shoot again

Thanks again!
2019-5-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lysak2003 Posted at 5-10 01:05
Thank you for support! Hope you like this video.

You're welcome and I did.
2019-5-10
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Wow, very nice video. Great job
2019-5-10
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

jacksonnai Posted at 5-10 17:31
Wow, very nice video. Great job

Thank you so much for your kind response!
2019-5-11
Use props
djiuser_1Xac91v9utwL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 474557 ft
Ukraine

Hello my friend. As I see, you are very popular here.)))
2019-5-11
Use props
djiuser_1Xac91v9utwL
lvl.2
Ukraine

It was a good trip. Hope not last.
2019-5-11
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

djiuser_1Xac91v9utwL Posted at 5-11 10:07
Hello my friend. As I see, you are very popular here.)))

I try, I try))
2019-5-11
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

djiuser_1Xac91v9utwL Posted at 5-11 10:21
It was a good trip. Hope not last.

Not good but the best
2019-5-11
Use props
djiuser_1Xac91v9utwL
lvl.2
Ukraine

Lysak2003 Posted at 5-11 10:33
I try, I try))

As it is said - батя я стараюсь
2019-5-11
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

djiuser_1Xac91v9utwL Posted at 5-11 10:47
As it is said - батя я стараюсь

You got the point!
2019-5-11
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-7 13:35
You are very much welcome Lysak2003. Have a safe and happy flying always.

Thank you for kind wishes!
2019-5-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules