Is the Spark Abandoned?
1064 20 2019-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Tuesday 17:30 (New York time zone); Spark 22 readings, Mavic 288!
2019-5-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As of the time being, the DJI Spark is not included in our End Of Life list products and we will continue supporting this aircraft. If you have problems with your unit, please let us know. We're here to help. Thank you for continued support.
2019-5-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are 8 different Mavic models and 1 Spark + the Mavic has been on the market longer and is regarded as DJI's most commercially successful consumer drone (in units sold). The Mavic will therefore have a much greater customer base and that will explain the numbers on here but it does not mean the Spark is EOL as Tony stated.
2019-5-8
Use props
Stinger1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205016 ft
Australia

The spark is too successful a seller for DJI to drop it.
2019-5-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-7 14:09
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As of the time being, the DJI Spark is not included in our End Of Life list products and we will continue supporting this aircraft. If you have problems with your unit, please let us know. We're here to help. Thank you for continued support.

If you guys ever update the Spark can you make it 60fps But make it the same size so we can still use the batteries and portable charger w/ it?  I think it's perfect for an indoor shoot because of it's size but the 30fps thing just doesn't cut it.  It would be a great "upgrade" to what people Already have.
2019-5-10
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

AntDX316 Posted at 5-10 21:53
If you guys ever update the Spark can you make it 60fps But make it the same size so we can still use the batteries and portable charger w/ it?  I think it's perfect for an indoor shoot because of it's size but the 30fps thing just doesn't cut it.  It would be a great "upgrade" to what people Already have.

the greatest update they can put in Spark series is 3-axis gimble, I think
2019-5-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lysak2003 Posted at 5-10 22:50

That too but it would make the weight balance off.  Probably then be in the $500 territory w/ no batteries.  People might as well get the Mavic Air used then.  The Spark and Mavic 2 zoom are great but I hardly ever use it like I used to.
2019-5-10
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lysak2003 Posted at 5-10 22:50

And 25p would be good
2019-5-11
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

A J Posted at 5-11 03:49
And 25p would be good

Actually almost all my footage was converted from 30 fps to 23,976 fps. So as for me, it is not a problem, I always can do it in post-editing.
2019-5-11
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lysak2003 Posted at 5-11 03:58
Actually almost all my footage was converted from 30 fps to 23,976 fps. So as for me, it is not a problem, I always can do it in post-editing.

It would still be nice to have the option though
2019-5-11
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

I know Spark's sensor is the same 4K sensor as Mavic, only 4K is not allowed. That's why Spark's FHD video is so beautiful. The large Pixel quantity is required because there is no mechanical stabilization on the YAW axis and is therefore electronically resolved.
It would be coolest if this 4K fix was allowed. Though there would be no yaw stabilization, it might work.

Only then would he be in competition with the more expensive brothers.
2019-5-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 5-11 12:51
I know Spark's sensor is the same 4K sensor as Mavic, only 4K is not allowed. That's why Spark's FHD video is so beautiful. The large Pixel quantity is required because there is no mechanical stabilization on the YAW axis and is therefore electronically resolved.
It would be coolest if this 4K fix was allowed. Though there would be no yaw stabilization, it might work.

it doesn't matter if the sensor is the same but the PCB to actually record 4k properly is different
2019-5-11
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

AntDX316 Posted at 5-11 16:14
it doesn't matter if the sensor is the same but the PCB to actually record 4k properly is different

That's true, but are you sure?
2019-5-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the interest in our DJI Spark. No worries, this will be forwarded into our designated department. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-12
Use props
Junior SBC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

More five minutes of battery, please!
2019-5-12
Use props
Stinger1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205016 ft
Australia

Why not buy a Mavic if the Spark does not suit your needs? I am very happy with the Spark as it is. If I needed or wanted a 3 axis gimbal and 4k then I would have bought what I needed. If they make these changes then the price of the Spark would rise  stopping some people from being able to afford it. It is after all an entry level drone.
2019-5-12
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 5-12 11:00
That's true, but are you sure?

It's been like that w/ Gopros
2019-5-12
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Junior SBC Posted at 5-12 15:21
More five minutes of battery, please!

What do you film that requires you to have More flight time?  Now that I realize making commercials only takes 15-30 seconds, there is no way using All the 3 batteries is a good idea.
2019-5-12
Use props
Junior SBC
Second Officer
Brazil

AntDX316 Posted at 5-12 21:54
What do you film that requires you to have More flight time?  Now that I realize making commercials only takes 15-30 seconds, there is no way using All the 3 batteries is a good idea.

In order to get a commercial of 30 seconds (never used a Spark), the result of several editions, it usually takes a day or more of filming. Everything depends on the place, the light, the goal.
In my opinion, it would take a few more minutes, for example, if the lens is 400m apart from the camera setup, you need more than 10 minutes to do this and a 100m radius orbital, because you do not have the axis yaw has to be done in "tripod" mode, you lose yourself in that long time, believe me.

hugs

2019-5-13
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Junior SBC Posted at 5-13 05:56
In order to get a commercial of 30 seconds (never used a Spark), the result of several editions, it usually takes a day or more of filming. Everything depends on the place, the light, the goal.
In my opinion, it would take a few more minutes, for example, if the lens is 400m apart from the camera setup, you need more than 10 minutes to do this and a 100m radius orbital, because you do not have the axis yaw has to be done in "tripod" mode, you lose yourself in that long time, believe me.

Several editions?  I did this w/ the Mavic 2 Zoom but w/ lots of footage, probably 10 minutes of filming.. narrowed it down after realizing what people really wanted.

After realizing how stuff should be it's kind of a waste to have More batteries but you get to capture more just incase stuff pops up.

It took 1 minute to fly this route w/ the Mavic 2 Zoom and I wasn't in Sport mode or maxing sticks.
2019-5-13
Use props
Junior SBC
Second Officer
Brazil

Wow, very good footage, but it was made with a Mavic Zoom. Sorry, I think it's much harder to run the yaw movement at the same speed as the M2, Spark rocks a lot even with little wind and digital compensation. Dare to do the same footage with the same quality of movement with Spark in a minute.
2019-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules