Charging Hub - Battery direction
1403 5 2019-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CR125Honda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 491975 ft
United States

Just got an Intelligent Flight Battery Charging Hub (spare part no. 8).
Plugged in OEM charger in wall.
Plugged charger connector into hub.
Inserted two 5350 batts (I have 2ea. 5350 and 2ea. 5870 batts for my pro).
Both lights on hub stayed solid red.
Let the batts sit in hub 15 minutes. No change.

Removed both batts.
Rotated the each 180 batt degree's and re-inserted both in the hub.
Green light and flashing green light.
Charger seems to be working correctly now.

Didn't read anything in the instructions or in the forums here that he batts need to be inserted in a certain direction.

Just checking to see if I missed something. Is this normal?

Thanks, Ken

2019-5-7
Use props
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 982382 ft
United States

I'm not sure if our models are the same or not but the battery is not symetrical and mine will only fit onto the charger in one direction.
2019-5-7
Use props
CR125Honda
lvl.3
United States

Rockyraaccoon Posted at 5-7 16:17
I'm not sure if our models are the same or not but the battery is not symetrical and mine will only fit onto the charger in one direction.

Interesting
Will try and take a pic what I’m describing tomorrow.
As far as equipment, I have p4p with 4 batteries. Two 5870 and two 5350. The charging hub is white and can hold three batts. Charge one it a time.
2019-5-7
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

the batteries have two small ridges on one of the larger sides, which should go into two corresponding slots in each of the hub  charging compartments. It is possible that you forced them in place without realizing that there was some resistance...
2019-5-7
Use props
CR125Honda
lvl.3
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 5-7 23:03
the batteries have two small ridges on one of the larger sides, which should go into two corresponding slots in each of the hub  charging compartments. It is possible that you forced them in place without realizing that there was some resistance...

Thanks Antonio & Rocky.

Just went and checked that out. Ridges, lines, grooves.
They are definately made to go in one direction on the hub.
It doesn't matter which way the connector on the original charger is hooked up so I made the assumption (bad one) that it didn't matter in the hub either.

Unfortunately, the first time, backwards was the direction I chose.
It was a snug fit but really felt about the same force as when you plug in the OEM charger connector.
Realize now that the connectors don't line up (when inserted backwards) so the resistanse I felt was the ridge rubbing the case.

Live & learn. Fortunately no harm, no foul on this experience.

2019-5-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ken. It is great to know that the issue has been resolve. In addition I will be posting a link where in you can check the overview and the specifications of the DJI Phantom 4 Intelligent Flight Battery Charging Hub ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... versal_20160617.pdf ). If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.
2019-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules