Focus wheel is really hard to turn, then all of a sudden really easy
908 3 2019-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
karlo_m
Second Officer
Flight distance : 349885 ft
Croatia

So my Ronin S was standing on its tripod and was filming a shot. While I was focusing the shot the focus wheel was really hard to turn (lot of resistance to turn) and it was like that since I got my Ronin S last week. When I went to reframe the shot a few minutes later, the focus wheel is super easy to turn all of a sudden. It still works fine, but it’s so easy to turn it honeslty feels like it’ll screw off.

What’s up with that? I couldn’t find anything in the settings or documentation. This is my second Ronin S in a month since the first one had malfunctioning Trigger button. I’d really hate having to send it back again, I really hope it’s just some hidden setting.

On the first Ronin, the wheel’s resistance was somewhere in between what I have on the current Ronin.

Someone help!

Gear if it matters:
Panasonic GH5
Metabones Speedbooster XL x0.64
Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM II

2019-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi karlo_m, we are so sorry for the difficulties with Focus Wheel, could you please share us a short video of the resistance so that we can verify and provide the further suggestion? Thank you in advance.
2019-5-9
Use props
LuxShots Films
lvl.2
United States

I have the same issue. The wheel still focuses, but all of a sudden, it's really, really easy to turn, sort of like it's going to fall of!

The wheel felt wonderful before, as it was heavily damped, but now it feels more toy like.

I have no idea how DJI is going to 'see wheel resistance in a video'. You'll probably have to send it in, or buy another ficus wheel just in case this one unexpectedly fails.
2019-5-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

LuxShots Films Posted at 5-9 05:59
I have the same issue. The wheel still focuses, but all of a sudden, it's really, really easy to turn, sort of like it's going to fall of!

The wheel felt wonderful before, as it was heavily damped, but now it feels more toy like.

Hi there, sorry to know you have the same issue, if the Focus Wheel is very loose or there is no damping force at all, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support and send in for further evaluation.
2019-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules