Terrain Awareness Mode - new firmware
1424 4 2019-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mayehem
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9641306 ft
Canada

Has anyone got this to work yet? I have been trying 5m spaced geoTIFFs tiled or whole but nothing is recognized by the DSM dropdown when in the SD card menu.

I thought it would be coorindate system related but it should still recognize. Nothing special needs to be done for me to have KML files in the same site recognized.

Stumped on day 1! Will try again tomorrow.

2019-5-7
Use props
Mayehem
lvl.3
Canada

Should note I created a DSM folder inside the DJI folder just like the KML one & tfw files are included.
2019-5-7
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Huh? I musta mised something! The new firmware (supposedly) allows terrain following???
2019-5-7
Use props
Mayehem
lvl.3
Canada

patiam Posted at 5-7 15:12
Huh? I musta mised something! The new firmware (supposedly) allows terrain following???

Apparently but I've yet to get it to accept anything.

v02.01.0009 out today

"Added the Terrain Awareness Mode operation type. To plan a Terrain Awareness operation, create a folder in the DJIDSM path in the root directory of the microSD card, put tif and tfw files into it, and then import the files to the app. After planning flight route in the area corresponding to the imported files, the aircraft will follow the terrain when flying along the route."
2019-5-7
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Waaaa!!! Gotta look into this! Its ALMOST like they are listening to our requests for functionality!!!
2019-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules