Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark dropped from sky.
541 20 5-8 00:38
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RJB1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24256 ft

Australia

Oh dear, here we go again. I've not had a chance to use my Spark for a while and so today I finally had a chance and did a little flight, but just a few minutes in and it dropped out of the sky with no control. This is about the third time its acted this way. Any ideas? I thought I saw a notification on my phone screen that there was a prop or engine error, but it doesnt seem to have it in the flight record. It may be I saw that when i tried to take off again. I tried taking off two times after it dropped and it did its old spark hop thing and wouldnt respond to stick controls. I think this link should work to the flight record.

https://app.airdata.com/flight/0060b45a238ed1d3b8ae783adc970711/GENERALNotifications&val=detailed
5-8 00:38
Use props
DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

Hi, good day RJB1. We do apologize for the incident happened to your DJI Spark. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support. We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason for the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you for your understanding. Best Regards!
5-8 09:40
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 96396 ft
Canada

That sucks, hope support will help you out!
5-8 21:22
Use props
RJB1
Second Officer

Australia

Mhinc Posted at 5-8 21:22
That sucks, hope support will help you out!

It seems they will not, unless I pay them. My spark is out of warranty. I went out and flew it again today and it had one small hesitant hover but then flew OK. So no idea what is going on with it.
5-8 22:18
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 96396 ft
Canada

RJB1 Posted at 5-8 22:18
It seems they will not, unless I pay them. My spark is out of warranty. I went out and flew it again today and it had one small hesitant hover but then flew OK. So no idea what is going on with it.

I have seen this issue before, there is a YouTube video with a work around if you can't get warranty coverage, and don't want to pay for it.

5-8 22:39
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Flight distance : 499924 ft
Ukraine

Sad to hear that All we need from our drone it is just flying and shooting. And all these odd issues are just disappointed. Hope you could handle it.
5-9 01:48
Use props
RJB1
Second Officer

Australia

Mhinc Posted at 5-8 22:39
I have seen this issue before, there is a YouTube video with a work around if you can't get warranty coverage, and don't want to pay for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Vo_1nBUQk

Yep I've had the Spark hop before too and made a video. And it did do that again, but this was a different issue. It took off and was performing fine, then suddenly just dropped and crashed. The engines were running but not fast enough to keep it up.

here is my hop video.
5-9 13:35
Use props
RJB1
Second Officer

Australia

Lysak2003 Posted at 5-9 01:48
Sad to hear that All we need from our drone it is just flying and shooting. And all these odd issues are just disappointed. Hope you could handle it.

yep its very frustrating to get everything ready and then not feel confident to fly, knowing it's probably going to crash.
5-9 13:37
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

RJB1 Posted at 5-8 22:18
It seems they will not, unless I pay them. My spark is out of warranty. I went out and flew it again today and it had one small hesitant hover but then flew OK. So no idea what is going on with it.

Restore the last firmware that brought a significant change and worked well (00701)
(How to search on youtube on google)
Use DJI GO4 mod2 (google) (4.1.15 OTG works)
Calibrate the IMU and compass in a place where there is no metal or electricity within 5-10m.
As expected, wait until you see 9-10 satellites, then raise to 1-2 m and rotate around and backwards. This will help your IMU work fine.Good flyt!
5-11 11:37
Use props
RJB1
Second Officer

Australia

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 5-11 11:37
Restore the last firmware that brought a significant change and worked well (00701)
(How to search on youtube on google)
Use DJI GO4 mod2 (google) (4.1.15 OTG works)

Can the DJI Mod2 be used on an Iphone yet?
5-11 15:02
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

RJB1 Posted at 5-11 15:02
Can the DJI Mod2 be used on an Iphone yet?

No. This mod android version. The Iphone is a closed system that cannot be installed third party or modded software. Sorry!
5-12 10:56
Use props
RJB1
Second Officer

Australia

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 5-12 10:56
No. This mod android version. The Iphone is a closed system that cannot be installed third party or modded software. Sorry!

I think I might pick up one of these cheap android phones to use as a dedicated drone phone, then i can run the mod 2 and run it in FCC with that other workaround.
5-13 23:37
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

RJB1 Posted at 5-13 23:37
I think I might pick up one of these cheap android phones to use as a dedicated drone phone, then i can run the mod 2 and run it in FCC with that other workaround.

Yes! This is a good solution.
I use a Huawei tablet for this purpose.
The big screen is much more useful and no SIM card can interfere with a call during flight.
5-14 06:35
Use props
Ronnie.Choy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 760675 ft
Singapore

RJB1 Posted at 5-9 13:35
Yep I've had the Spark hop before too and made a video. And it did do that again, but this was a different issue. It took off and was performing fine, then suddenly just dropped and crashed. The engines were running but not fast enough to keep it up.

here is my hop video.

I had this problem once too ... after many trial and errors, i found a simple solution.

I changed all my 4 propellers, and I manually spread out the propellers instead of letting the Spark spurn them out. My Spark was flying normally again.

Hope this can solve your problem, if that's the reason why it cannot take off properly.
5-14 11:04
Use props
RJB1
Second Officer

Australia

Ronnie.Choy Posted at 5-14 11:04
I had this problem once too ... after many trial and errors, i found a simple solution.

I changed all my 4 propellers, and I manually spread out the propellers instead of letting the Spark spurn them out. My Spark was flying normally again.

Thanks Ronnie, yes one time it was doing the hop and I changed all the props and it did fix it for a time. But other times changing the props hasnt worked and I ended up doing a full reset which did fix it, but again also only for a time before it started doing it again. So its sorta left me not knowing which of the fixes were a fluke and still not knowing what the actual problem is. And then this still doesnt fix the dropping from a height issue.
5-14 17:34
Use props
RJB1
Second Officer

Australia

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 5-14 06:35
Yes! This is a good solution.
I use a Huawei tablet for this purpose.
The big screen is much more useful and no SIM card can interfere with a call during flight.

Do you find it a bother not having a sim and so can't track on google maps?
5-14 17:35
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

RJB1 Posted at 5-14 17:35
Do you find it a bother not having a sim and so can't track on google maps?

If you are flying in sight, there is no need for a map. If it does, I will share my mobile internet on Wifi.
5-15 02:32
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

RJB1 Posted at 5-9 13:35

here is my hop video.

This error is known to be a Nyut-nyut problem.
He got that name because of his voice. Here the forum has been discussed many times.
The engines miss out on time. Height sensing and engine control go into a tilting cycle.
Since these problems have only been known for a while, I say this is the fault of the new firmware.
I've never done this with the 0701 firmware.
DUMLdore and downgrade ...

5-15 02:36
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Ronnie.Choy Posted at 5-14 11:04
I had this problem once too ... after many trial and errors, i found a simple solution.

He got that name because of his voice. Here the forum has been discussed many times.
The engines miss out on time. Height sensing and engine control go into a tilting cycle.Since the elevation has to be measured for automatic take-off, this error only occurs when not manually picked up.
I think the cause of the error is the delay between the measurement and the intervention (change of engine speed). This delay waves the whole system.
Since these problems have only been known for a while, I say this is the fault of the new firmware.
I've never done this with the 0701 firmware.
DUMLdore and downgrade ...

5-15 02:40
Use props
RJB1
Second Officer

Australia

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 5-15 02:40
The engines miss out on time. Height sensing and engine control go into a tilting cycle.Since the elevation has to be measured for automatic take-off, this error only occurs when not manually picked up.

Yeah, no. As I'd already explained this isn't the Nyut-nyut problem. I do have that problem also on occasions, but this is a different issue where its in the air, everything is working fine, then it just drops and crashes. It's not a total free fall drop, the engines are still running but not at enough power to fly, no inputs from the controls do anything.
6-11 16:17
Use props
G37 Mavic Pro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 39649 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing.
8-2 08:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules