Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
what is the ideal number of batteries for you?
12Next >
12577 78 2019-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i know no 1 size fits all for this, but im wornering, how many batteriues do you feel is ideal amount of batteries to own or feel is ideal number when out and about and why.. maybe this feedback can someone lookign to buy into drones as well.
i have this poll setup so you can select up to 3 options incase you have all series of drones.. i condensed Mavic 2 pro and Mavic 2 Zoom into Mavic 2 since pretty much same drone with dif camera
Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 3 entry optional ), Total 207 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-5-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I always aim to have enough batteries to give me a full hour of flying (minimum) without having to touch a charger.
2019-5-8
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-8 11:11
I always aim to have enough batteries to give me a full hour of flying (minimum) without having to touch a charger.

thats pretty much what i do as well.  
2019-5-8
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

same here, 4 for the air and 3 for the m2z
2019-5-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HereForTheBeer Posted at 5-8 11:13
thats pretty much what i do as well.

I did have four batteries on the original MP but only ever flew four back-to-back twice - it got boring on the 4th flight. That said, two wasn't enough for me. I find three to be the sweet spot for the MP, M2's and P4P and four for the Mavic Air and Inspire 1 (TB48's). Had three for the Spark but five would have been better.
2019-5-8
Use props
Jason James
lvl.3
Flight distance : 827487 ft
Ecuador

I find 3 to be the ideal number for personal use, but when I am doing paid work 4 is ideal. More than that is overkill due to weight/cost and it's pretty rare that I would need more than 4 batteries, but if I did, I could rotate. i.e. fly 2, charge 2, rest or get ground shots, etc. I'm using a Mavic Air which chews through batteries, so my numbers may be lower if I were flying something different.
2019-5-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thank you for your inquiry. We're sure that our valued DJI Forum members would provide feedback and insight in regards to this great poll. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-8
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-8 11:30
I did have four batteries on the original MP but only ever flew four back-to-back twice - it got boring on the 4th flight. That said, two wasn't enough for me. I find three to be the sweet spot for the MP, M2's and P4P and four for the Mavic Air and Inspire 1 (TB48's). Had three for the Spark but five would have been better.

ya spark i never felt i had enough batteries in flymore pack, not even close.    i remember with the spark, if you were in a really bad spot or been a while since use and slowly gathering sat lock you could drop as much as 10% waiting on that homepoint to set, sometimes more if really unlucky..oof
2019-5-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HereForTheBeer Posted at 5-8 12:46
ya spark i never felt i had enough batteries in flymore pack, not even close.    i remember with the spark, if you were in a really bad spot or been a while since use and slowly gathering sat lock you could drop as much as 10% waiting on that homepoint to set, sometimes more if really unlucky..oof

Yeah, 12/13 minutes was a good flight time but after take off/landing it was normally about ten minutes in the air. So actually six batteries would be best to get that full hour on the Spark.
2019-5-8
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

4 batteries for the pro. Most of the time 3 are charged full, and 1 is still in the drone from last flight. If I plan for a longer day I will charge all 4, and sometimes charge the first after the flight with my car charger.
2019-5-8
Use props
TakeFlite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 780233 ft
Australia

Depends how long you plan to fly but usually easiest time for me to get out is early morning or late arvo. Fly 1 battery before sunset, 1 during and 1 after. But if it's a big day out take everything you got.
2019-5-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

what is the ideal number of batteries for you?

One more than I always have ready, and need.  
Voted for 3.

2019-5-8
Use props
Duncandonut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

3x batteries for my Spark, 4x batteries for my Mavic Pro and 4x batteries for my Mavic 2 Pro. Also made a mistake when ordering my CrystalSky as I ordered 2 extra batteries for that.
2019-5-9
Use props
SD_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

3 batts are the perfect sweet spot for my MPII. Enough time for some fun !
2019-5-9
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

so looks like so far, most people have 3 or 4 batteries while out and about on a trip or doing work.  good results that i agree with.  
2019-5-9
Use props
D2_cayde
lvl.4
United States

i feel like having four is enough in my opinion
2019-5-9
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

interesting that mavic air almost everyone agrees 4 batteries is ideal very few think less is ideal almost no one thinks less is ideal.   
2019-5-9
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

4 each for Mavic Pro and Mavic Air, have 8 Mavic 2 batteries
2019-5-9
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Three is the sweet number! #1 flying /  #2 in standby / #3 charging  /  When you finish flying #2, #3 will be ready to go
2019-5-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Right now I have 3, but I'm thinking about adding 1 or 2 to the mix.
(Mavic Pro).
Not that I need them very often, but last summer I had a couple of occasions where I 'needed' more.
My only hesitation between 4 or 5 is the amount of batteries I can charge with 1 hub. (4)
I'm not sure if it is still handy when you can't charge all your batteries without changing them.
2019-5-12
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 5-12 22:07
Right now I have 3, but I'm thinking about adding 1 or 2 to the mix.
(Mavic Pro).
Not that I need them very often, but last summer I had a couple of occasions where I 'needed' more.

ya thats how i am was with my mavic pro, 3 was perfect for being able to have one on charger and 2 at the ready.  
2019-5-13
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

3 batteries for my Mavic Pro (Fly More combo) - Any more and my Android tablet sucks too much power from the remote controller for my comfort
2019-5-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HereForTheBeer Posted at 5-13 19:44
ya thats how i am was with my mavic pro, 3 was perfect for being able to have one on charger and 2 at the ready.

Yes, although I'm mainly concerned about when I'm in the field.
5 would be best I guess for longer trips....
2019-5-13
Use props
Tubaris
lvl.1
Poland

I think for m2z good option is to have 3 batteries. Just enough for the batteries in the controller. One flight 30min took about 30% from controller.
2019-5-21
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

For photography I would say more than 4. Flying around looking for compositions, then making macro adjustments and hovering takes up time.
That said, the controller barely last longer than 4 for my Air, and 3 for my MP2...................
I do connect them to a powerbank while flying, mostly because of the android issue charging the phone with controller. (DJI, SERIOUSLY, AFTER ALL THIS TIME, NO ON OFF BUTTON FOR THAT............)
2019-5-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Charissa Posted at 5-22 04:04
For photography I would say more than 4. Flying around looking for compositions, then making macro adjustments and hovering takes up time.
That said, the controller barely last longer than 4 for my Air, and 3 for my MP2...................
I do connect them to a powerbank while flying, mostly because of the android issue charging the phone with controller. (DJI, SERIOUSLY, AFTER ALL THIS TIME, NO ON OFF BUTTON FOR THAT............)

Yeah. I do agree with you that you probably need some battery time for getting your frames right.
Still I'm not sure what to do, because 3 batteries (my current nr) is usually more than enough for me (I typically only use 1 battery per 'moment').
The only time I 'need' more is when I'm really doing a longer shoot on a location.
But that so far only happened a couple of times.
So I'm not sure.
1 more feels nice, but won't fit in the bag. So I would need to store it somewhere else.
Plus I would not use it that often...
I am in doubt still.
2019-5-22
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have 3 batteries because it's what fits in the Mavic 2 Pro bag.  I mean you can have 4 in the bag and use 1 to charge but if you really use 4 batteries your phone and controller will be critically low plus if you have insane amounts of B-roll footage then it's going to suck at post-processing to sift through everything.

When I go out now, I hardly even burn down 1 battery!
2019-5-26
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

I have 4 for my M2P - however in all honesty 3 would be fine- I have yet to have a session where i have actually needed a forth battery as by the time i have flown for 45mins (2 batteries) the 1st one is charged again
2019-5-26
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

i see now that isnt the case
2019-5-27
Use props
Topsplodge
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54813 ft

United Kingdom

3 would be good, as the tablet and the controllerboth  need charging as well after 2 if either are not 100% at start so two or three. Mavic Pro
2019-5-27
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

Six (6) or more for both Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Pro. I've flown in remote areas for work, where recharging wasn't easy. Even six isn't enough on some days.
2019-5-27
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I always end up with 4 batteries since I purchase the hub for all my drones.
2019-6-30
Use props
Raimond Kollman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2173517 ft
Netherlands

With my Phantom 4 I always had 3 batteries, 2 "standard" and 1 high capacity.

That worked great for me. I even had a car charger. So if I would need more flight time, I could charge one or 2 batteries while driving to another location.

With my current Mavic Pro I have 4 batteries (I bought it online via Marktplaats (sort of eBay)) and it came with 4. I think 4 is too much, but I'm trying to evening the load on them. So rotating batteries with flights. Maybe this will work great for not wearing out the batteries too much and too quick. Time will tell.
Still, if I would by the Mavic Pro new, I would only buy a total of 3 batteries.
2019-7-7
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

What about the Spark?...I have 4 batteries.
2019-7-12
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
Taiwan

Nice poll! quick suggestion on at the beginning of the thread title you could put the following "[POLL]" everyone can spot it quickly. Cheers!
2019-7-12
Use props
Iszche
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88924 ft
United States

3 Batteries typically meets the need for my MA. Unfortunately my issue seems to be that my older iphone (6S) charge seems to deplete well before I get to the 3rd MA battery. Time for a new phone!
2019-7-15
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I generally like one left in the bag if I can just for the ride home and the chance of that final shot! The MA I take more with me as she doesnt stay in the air as long the M2 and P4 are great for flight time The M2P bag can hold 5 if you use the external pockets although its a bit heavy for an all day carry unless I can persuade the other half to carry them!
2019-7-17
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are traveling, of course, you would want as many batteries as your case can pack, but to me, the ideal maximum number of batteries is how many slots your multi-charger can hold.
2019-8-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 8-1 00:02
If you are traveling, of course, you would want as many batteries as your case can pack, but to me, the ideal maximum number of batteries is how many slots your multi-charger can hold.

not always, having too many batteries is a thing.. i tend to try to target ~1 hour flight time myself with battery count and bring a car charger.  
2019-8-1
Use props
pinkmenprints
lvl.4
Singapore

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-1 18:19
not always, having too many batteries is a thing.. i tend to try to target ~1 hour flight time myself with battery count and bring a car charger.

How long does it take a car charger to fully charge one batt ?
2019-8-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules