2537 10 2019-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Testing Osmo Pocket and Movo VXR-10 audio with and without the RODE Wireless GO in the chain.
Audio levels are greatly increased when adding the Wireless GO to the configuration.

2019-5-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thanks for sharing this very interesting accessory and also the information you provided. Thank you for your continued support.
2019-5-8
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-8 13:16
Hi, there. Thanks for sharing this very interesting accessory and also the information you provided. Thank you for your continued support.

You are welcome.  Please pass the YouTube link on to your tech people as they might be interested to see how the RODE Wireless GO is helping the Osmo Pocket external microphone adapter microphone interface problems.
2019-5-8
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great video Bob - many thanks for posting
2019-5-8
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Gelert Posted at 5-8 22:30
Great video Bob - many thanks for posting

You are welcome Gelert.
2019-5-9
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi Bob.

Great test and very interesting. I suspect that the output level and maybe the impedance of the Go's receiver is a better match for the Pocket's input compared to the direct connection of the mic. In any event, the sound via the Go is better and very usable. Even for close mic stuff it would probably be worth using the Go for a number of mics with the Pocket as the gain in level and quality would make it worth it.

I should have my Go later today, we've been very behind in the UK with its release. One thing I'm going to try is my Sennheiser ME64 and ME66 wirelessly with the Pocket. I've already used this combination with my Rodelink system but if it works well with the Go then it would be a better match as you can connect the Go's receiver direct to the Pocket using the PGYTECH data port cold shoe adaptor, I think this may be the way you've done it as well.
Again, great test.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-5-9
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

David_Harry Posted at 5-9 16:50
Hi Bob.

Great test and very interesting. I suspect that the output level and maybe the impedance of the Go's receiver is a better match for the Pocket's input compared to the direct connection of the mic. In any event, the sound via the Go is better and very usable. Even for close mic stuff it would probably be worth using the Go for a number of mics with the Pocket as the gain in level and quality would make it worth it.

Thanks Dave.

Yes I am using the PGYTECH data port cold shoe adapter but I have another configuration with one of my other OP tripod adapters that I Super Glued a plastic cold shoe to the front of the adapter so that I can see the microphone levels going into the RODE Wireless GO.  It is low enough that it does not interfere with the OP buttons and leaves the data port free for other things.

I will be putting up another video in a bit where I have tested the Takstar SGC-598 with the Wireless GO and OP.

Cheers,
Bob
2019-5-9
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

BobWinNV Posted at 5-9 19:26
Thanks Dave.

Yes I am using the PGYTECH data port cold shoe adapter but I have another configuration with one of my other OP tripod adapters that I Super Glued a plastic cold shoe to the front of the adapter so that I can see the microphone levels going into the RODE Wireless GO.  It is low enough that it does not interfere with the OP buttons and leaves the data port free for other things.

Hi Bob.

I'm also working on a solution for mounting a cold shoe so that I don't block ports etc.

You can't beat super glue Here's a modification that I done for me E1

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-5-10
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

David_Harry Posted at 5-10 02:08
Hi Bob.

I'm also working on a solution for mounting a cold shoe so that I don't block ports etc.

Thanks Dave.

I prefer the Loctite Gell for situations like this as well.

Bob
2019-5-10
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I got my Rode Wireless Go mics yesterday and have just had a play using the Pgytech Cold Shoe to data port adapter.

Relieved that the DJI Mic Adapter seems to work (so many reports on YouTube of people saying they had to exchange defective ones).

One thing I'm struggling with is the db switch on the Rode mics. Have I missed something or is there no way to tell what it's set to other than trying to guess from the audio bars?

It seems far too easy to click so that db is on a non-optimal setting for the Pocket and not even know it. Played around with the three settings and one was too quiet (and rather dull), next was the right level but still rather dull, the final was less dull but peaked out.  I think I'm going to have to carry around a proper lavalier mic as well instead of just relying on the in-built ones.

The differences between the db settings seem subtle apart from the "too low" one and I was never really confident about which setting I'd got.  And the unit "remembers" whatever the last setting was.  Why couldn't they have used the display to show what it's set to?  The User Guide (which has to be downloaded) is more like a marketing brochure than a user guide and doesn't help at all. Anyone else struggling with this or have I missed something?
2019-5-10
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

David_Harry Posted at 5-10 02:08
Hi Bob.

I'm also working on a solution for mounting a cold shoe so that I don't block ports etc.

My Super Glued Cold Shoe mount placement on OP Tripod Mount Adapter from Aerial-pixel on Ebay
2019-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules