smart controller no image display
20082 55 2019-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_2JoXWyGLLHe6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1012736 ft
United States

Adding to this on going problem, same here, every so often I power on the SC and the Mavic 2 Pro and I get a blank screen, all the info in there just no live feed. Absolutely amazed that DJI has not addressed this considering the cost of these devices.
2020-8-1
Use props
djiuser_lBKf1qaVonLV
New

United States

i am having the same issue with my Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller. When i power up the air craft and the controller i do not get a video feed. If i clear the recent apps or force stop DJI Go 4 and restart i get the video feed back. I did an online support session with tech support. They want me to send the unit back for repair. I am not convinced there is anything wrong with the hardware but feel its a firmware glitch. Can anyone else weigh in on this?
Thanks!
2020-8-12
Use props
chilmark
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Same issue for me works fine then I go to connect to the internet via iPhone 11 to release No Fly Zones and suddenly a black screen, I have used the cable to do the update again manually rather than wirelessly so fingers crossed, went in to panic mode after it happened several times, do DJi not test updates before they release them? This issue need sorting urgently before it blacks out in flight
2020-9-17
Use props
bender cigar
lvl.2
United States

I recently got my Mavic 2 Pro with SmartController. I am using the DJI FPV system and would like to display the output of the DJI FPV Goggles on the SmartController screen and also onto an HDMI monitor connected to the SmartController. I am running the following firmware:
  • Goggles firmware 1.00.060
  • SmartController firmware 1.00.0820

I have another post in the thread DJI Digital FPV System HDMI Output Tutorial talking about some OSD issues I am seeing (or not seeing which is the problem). My post here has to do with the video from the Goggles frequently not showing up on the SmartController screen (or HDMI output) when I run the DJI FPV Live app. I have to play games like reboot the SmartController, unplug and replug the cable, power cycle the Goggles, unload the FPV Live app, etc... but I can't figure out if there is a particular sequence of steps to take to have video work reliably. This sounds a lot like what others here are writing about concerning drone video not reliably displaying on the SmartController and I wonder if there is some core issue that affects all streaming video in the SmartController.

Has anyone recieved any type of answer from DJI about this bug? It seems to have been going on for quite some time.

Any workarounds other than what people have posted in this thread?

2020-10-12
Use props
bender cigar
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_lBKf1qaVonLV Posted at 8-12 12:44
i am having the same issue with my Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller. When i power up the air craft and the controller i do not get a video feed. If i clear the recent apps or force stop DJI Go 4 and restart i get the video feed back. I did an online support session with tech support. They want me to send the unit back for repair. I am not convinced there is anything wrong with the hardware but feel its a firmware glitch. Can anyone else weigh in on this?
Thanks!

My suspicion (not having any inside information) is that if this is a hardware problem then it probably affects many SmartController units and isn't specific to your unit. However, I suspect that this is a firmware bug that really requires DJI to put some elbow grease into fixing. The SmartController and Mavic 2 Pro combo is very expensive for a consumer drone and it should work much better than it seems to be (not) working.
2020-10-12
Use props
Chinthana_95
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

I have connected my Mavic 2 enterprise dual with Mavic 2 Pro controller. Video feed is not available with the phone. But when I connect my smart controller again, then it shows the video. Any solutions?
2020-10-22
Use props
ViperJD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 390 ft
United States

Same issue!  No video image, but I can see everything else on the screen. Still can take pictures and video (so the camera is working), I just cannot see what I am taking them of. This idea from ting-ting seems to work "After you start the smart controller and drone don't push go right away, instead go to app on the bottom right to the screen and select go 4 app. It works and you have your live video feed lol. Hope it works for everyone else. But also clear all out all recent apps on the drop down menu"
2020-10-28
Use props
djiuser_UR5WxZH9ozdG
New

Australia

Same issue just got my drone 3 - 4 days ago and now the screen goes black. Have to reset the drone and controller few times before everything starts showing up.
2020-11-2
Use props
Luca85
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1257628 ft
Italy

Hi, I have had the same problem with the mavic 2 zoom and gray screen smart controller only once (with recent update) so I have downgraded to the working version! Now since I start the drone and then the remote control, I am not having any problems whatsoever, I will have done over 10 quiet flights. Hope dji solves it for everyone

Greetings
Luca
2020-12-15
Use props
djiuser_L2NZHKGW0FWF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122395 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Luca85 Posted at 12-15 02:57
Hi, I have had the same problem with the mavic 2 zoom and gray screen smart controller only once (with recent update) so I have downgraded to the working version! Now since I start the drone and then the remote control, I am not having any problems whatsoever, I will have done over 10 quiet flights. Hope dji solves it for everyone

Greetings

Hello.... I wanted to ask you  if you know how to disable the message - popup - on smart controller firmware upgrade .... if i downgrade to firmware v.01.00.0700 it is more stable and there should be no disconnection. Now the firmware installed is
v.01.00.0820 the latest .... but I don't have a
mavic air 2 !!! if I downgrade to the old
firmware, every time the smart controller is
switched on it keeps telling me that it is
available a new firmware !!! thank you
2020-12-15
Use props
Luca85
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1257628 ft
Italy

djiuser_L2NZHKGW0FWF Posted at 12-15 04:34
Hello.... I wanted to ask you  if you know how to disable the message - popup - on smart controller firmware upgrade .... if i downgrade to firmware v.01.00.0700 it is more stable and there should be no disconnection. Now the firmware installed is
v.01.00.0820 the latest .... but I don't have a
mavic air 2 !!! if I downgrade to the old

Hello, unfortunately, the only way to remove the popup is to install the upgrade ... to me also every time I turn it on it tells me and I ignore it.
2020-12-15
Use props
bnewman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6285066 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had this problem for a couple of years with my Mavic 2 Zoom.  
Initially, it was infrequent but now it happens a majority of the time sometimes requiring reboot of drone and Smart Controller three times before the camera image shows up.

And it also happens with a regular remote controller.

OSD info shows up but the camera image is blank.  

This is very annoying and unacceptable.  

I also have a Mavic 2 Pro which has NEVER had this problem.  
2020-12-29
Use props
djiuser_nDeaBAWjfeBI
New

United Kingdom

I have the same problem and need some help. Brand new M2Z and SC. Updates to latest firm ware and no live feed from the camera. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Sorry. Posted twice.
2021-1-26
Use props
djiuser_nDeaBAWjfeBI
New

United Kingdom

I have the same issue. Brand new M2Z and SC. Updated the firmware to the latest version and no camera view. Also I keep getting virus warning from Assistant2. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.
2021-1-26
Use props
djiuser_ppKuF8VvznXU
New

United States

How to reboot
2021-2-20
Use props
Ibrahim Furkan Ocak
New

Turkey

Smart controllere kaydettigim videolarınmı göremiyorum bilgisayara ve go share bağlandığında 'no video' 'no photo' yazıyor. Mavic 2 enterprise var elimde ama bu sorunu aşamadım. şimdiden teşekkür ederim
2021-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules