12Next >
19934 55 2019-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gordoj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1827 ft
United Kingdom

hi, just got my new smart controller , it went through all the update sequence and now i have no image ? camera or video just a black screen , u can see it the exposure and zoom settings change when you cover the lense ?  when i plug my  normal contoller with phone in works perfect ? and suggestions people , thanks in advance
2019-5-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. I would recommend refreshing the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if there will be changes. Also, would it be possible if you could confirm to us if you're still getting the OSD information or the screen is totally black? You may provide us with a screenshot showing this situation if the problem will persist. In the mean-time, you may refer to the link below for firmware update. Please keep us posted o the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2019-5-8
Use props
willyg00
New

Argentina

I have the same problem with my Mavic 2 Pro. No image on display, black screen, only OSD is shown. It takes pictures an video OK, but no image on smart controller. I've try with mi phone (Huawei, with lot of ram an memory, Android 6), whit 2 Tablets (Android 7) and Samsun J7 and same problem. I've allready update firmware. I've tryed formatting SD, reset camera settings, seting of camera exposure to AUTO, manual to ISO +6800. It doesn't work. Any solution?!
2019-5-8
Use props
LexonTuxi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 176024 ft
  • >>>
Austria

i was also having this issue after updating the smart controller to version .530 - after a few reboots (drone + smart controller) the image is displayed again on the smart controller screen, no further problems since this reboots.
2019-5-9
Use props
BobW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20610 ft
United States

Replace the cable that connects your controller with your phone. Factory one is junk. Yes a longer one about a foot long. Much easer to connect also.
2019-5-9
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

In the Smart Controller there is an option to reset camera settings.  I just had issues - video exposures were fine but photos were totally washed out and overexposed.  I tried manual and switching back to video.  The RESET fixed it (so far)
2019-5-13
Use props
RogerB-U
lvl.1
Flight distance : 319177 ft
Germany

I've got the same problem as the Gordoj and willyg00. When I start my drone and the smart controller, there is no video on the smart controller but the OSD is ok. Everything seems to work but not the live view on the smart controller. After a few reboots of drone(s) and/or smart controller the live view is back again. It seems to build up. In the beginning it was only every now and then but now it's standard that I don't get live view on the first attempt.
2019-5-28
Use props
JJernimo
New

United States

I am having this same problem also with the smart controller and Mavic 2, I have full control and can see all flight info on the screen like normal but video feed is just a grey wash. Rebooting the smart controller has fixed the issue but it just happens again sometimes.
2019-7-5
Use props
cameraman52
lvl.2

Netherlands

LexonTuxi Posted at 5-9 05:23
i was also having this issue after updating the smart controller to version .530 - after a few reboots (drone + smart controller) the image is displayed again on the smart controller screen, no further problems since this reboots.

How many reboots are necessary?
2019-8-24
Use props
cameraman52
lvl.2

Netherlands

RogerB-U Posted at 5-28 12:17
I've got the same problem as the Gordoj and willyg00. When I start my drone and the smart controller, there is no video on the smart controller but the OSD is ok. Everything seems to work but not the live view on the smart controller. After a few reboots of drone(s) and/or smart controller the live view is back again. It seems to build up. In the beginning it was only every now and then but now it's standard that I don't get live view on the first attempt.

How many reboots are necessary and is this the final solution?
2019-8-24
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This appears to be a common issue, I’m surprised DJI haven’t seen this themselves.

When I have seen the issue in DJI Go and also in DJI Pilot, the quickest fix is to close the app down, then get the Smart Controller main menu up by sliding a finger down from the top of the screen, select ‘Recent’ and then slide each app up to unload it from memory.

Closing the App is not enough you have to unload it through the Recent option from the menu.

The open the Go 4 or Pilot, which ever you’re using the image reappears.

As it happens in both Go 4 and Pilot app it suggests this is a firmware issue and not an app issue.
2019-8-24
Use props
JoeWebb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78051 ft
United States

RogerB-U Posted at 5-28 12:17
I've got the same problem as the Gordoj and willyg00. When I start my drone and the smart controller, there is no video on the smart controller but the OSD is ok. Everything seems to work but not the live view on the smart controller. After a few reboots of drone(s) and/or smart controller the live view is back again. It seems to build up. In the beginning it was only every now and then but now it's standard that I don't get live view on the first attempt.

Same here Roger. First time it started during flight at takeoff, my 3rd or 4th small flight. Next time, again during flight, just went black. Restarted everything and it came back on. It is possible I may have performed the startup sequence incorrectly by starting the drone first, then the smart controller. Not sure though. This is a brand new system (1 week old)
2019-8-30
Use props
Mark Mader
New

United States

Same problem here. I finally isolated it to the smart controller. Last time it did it
I had to restart it 3 times before I had camera feed. Since then I have been booting the drone first then the controller and its been good so far but we'll see...... Im sure DJI is aware of this issue but how are they gonna fix it
2019-9-1
Use props
Grumpyoldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1872904 ft
United Kingdom

Mark Mader Posted at 9-1 15:17
Same problem here. I finally isolated it to the smart controller. Last time it did it
I had to restart it 3 times before I had camera feed. Since then I have been booting the drone first then the controller and its been good so far but we'll see...... Im sure DJI is aware of this issue but how are they gonna fix it

I had the same problem after firmware update. Reset the camera and the problem was resolved.
2019-9-2
Use props
David..P
New

Hi

I discoverewd i had the same issue tonight and was panicking like hell after such an expense and gettimg mines from the US. Me being from the UK.

Yeah just taking some of the advice I rebooted 3 times and the display started working  again to my relief.

Seems to be a common issue with them by the sound sof things.

So do not panic its an easy fix.

Rebooted the drone and controller after that and everything was fine.
2019-10-12
Use props
the_saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>

the problem is not fixed and the problem is not resolved.  if your screen goes blank, it will always have that problem until it gets resolved and all you can do in the meantime is reboot.  i do this constantly because i am building waypoints or erasing microsd cards or using hdmi out or downloading google play store apps or fiddling with camera settings or going thru pre-flight or something.  i would say i see the blank screen 10 out of 100 times.  i have only seen it maybe twice in the field (when you really need your camera the most) so at best this is an annoyance rather than a show-stopper.  i have no idea under what conditions it occurs and with the quick power cycle of the sc, it's very easy to keep rebooting until the camera shows up, which it will eventually.  most i've had to reboot is about 5 times in a row.  good news is once it shows camera correctly, it doesn't blank out so you're good until you power cycle again (which is helpful as you are changing batteries only).  while i would love for dji to fix this, i definitely wouldn't trade in my sc trying to resolve this problem if you don't have any other problems with your sc.  if you have this problem, don't panic, it's not a huge deal even though it is alarming at first.
2019-10-13
Use props
Smart Pilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153839 ft
Italy

Same here with SC and M2P, both updated to last firmware version.

Not much of deal, most of times it takes a couple of reboots on both devices to get the image back...hopefully DJI will look into it, one day or another :-)
2019-10-25
Use props
godfather
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Same exact problem here. Brand new out of the box. No desire to find a work around. Back to B & H it goes and I'll wait for Mavic 3
2019-12-6
Use props
noahaon
lvl.1

United States

Just wanted to pop in here and say I am having this same problem.
Restarting the drone and controller once or twice fixes the problem. But this is still a problem!
2020-4-5
Use props
Jasel
New
Flight distance : 5312 ft
United States

I can’t believe I’m reading some of these comments. I just got a Mavic 2 with a smart controller and when I was flying the screen went blank. I got it back and had to reboot several times to get it to work. This isn't a problem, it’s a defect!

Am I to understand that DJI is unaware of this problem, or unable to fix it? Or do I actually have a defective drone and smart controller?
2020-4-8
Use props
sburch in Florida
lvl.1
United States

I start the drone then the controller.. seems to work
2020-4-21
Use props
djiuser_3aIfMZM4Kr05
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38648 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

After upgrading firmware and selecting the quick start option I have been experiencing the same problem, I have now deselected this option and there were no further problems during today session.
2020-5-7
Use props
djiuser_U0KPy97oNK2r
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26864 ft

Netherlands

djiuser_3aIfMZM4Kr05 Posted at 5-7 09:24
After upgrading firmware and selecting the quick start option I have been experiencing the same problem, I have now deselected this option and there were no further problems during today session.

Maybye a strange wuistion but how do i can put out the quickstart option. Cant find anything like this in the menu.
Thx in advance
2020-5-11
Use props
djiuser_U0KPy97oNK2r
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26864 ft

Netherlands

And do I understand this is a problem that exists since 2019 and there is still no solution little bit strange for a company like DJI not to solve this quick
2020-5-11
Use props
djiuser_skmT8RZmlbKC
lvl.1
United States

I have Mavic 2 Pro and SC and have this problem. I just received a Mavic 2 Zoom today and it has the exact same problem. Sharing the same Smart Controller. How do I fix this. I see people complaining about this for years, why is it still a problem?
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_y9Kj4VYHv4GO
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I just had this, but updated firmware, rebooted both units and the view appeared.
2020-5-17
Use props
djiuser_skmT8RZmlbKC
lvl.1
United States

Here is my Quick fix, works every time for me. This does not permanently fix the problem but it does get rid of the black screen. First off try turning on the Drone first then the Controller. If you still have the black screen, the quick fix is to pull down the pull down menu on the Smart Controller, in that menu goto recents and swipe those clear. This isnt a great fix for those who are reusing those instances but it works for the me at the moment.
2020-5-18
Use props
djiuser_skmT8RZmlbKC
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-5-8 13:27
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. I would recommend refreshing the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if there will be changes. Also, would it be possible if you could confirm to us if you're still getting the OSD information or the screen is totally black? You may provide us with a screenshot showing this situation if the problem will persist. In the mean-time, you may refer to the link below for firmware update. Please keep us posted o the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

I am having the exact same problem with my Smart Controller ~ Black Screen and my Mavic 2 Pro. I just bought a Mavic 2 Zoom and when I connected it to my Smart Controller it had a Black Screen also. I want to understand what you are telling us to do, are you saying refresh the firmware on the Mavic 2 Pro to fix the problem, when I instantly had the same problem with a totally different drone? I dont understand how refreshing the firmware on the Pro is going to help the Zoom, when it seems like the problem is in the Smart Controller. I dont mind not understanding but I want to make sure this is what I need to do.
2020-5-18
Use props
ting-ting
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5871467 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same problem, but figured out a way. After you start the smart controller and drone don't push go right away, instead go to app on the bottom right to the screen and select go 4 app. It works and you have your live video feed lol. Hope it works for everyone else. But also clear all out all recent apps on the drop down menu.
2020-5-19
Use props
usaum
lvl.1

Germany

same problem. brand new smart controller, 2nd flight after installation and screen was black. i googeled immediately and found this. incredible that dji does not care at all to fix any issue which is not affecting the latest drone, which currently is the air 2. i fly a m2pro. i paid 649 euro for a smart device that is faulty. i will send it back. luckily i bought at amazon. thanks mr. bezos!
zero points for dji!!!!
2020-5-25
Use props
RDK83
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90571 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-5-8 13:27

Hello DJI Tony, I need your help please, my mavic 2 zoom is not working and I have the error screen, no image, battery says nothing but they are on and light up! I am so frustrated I just want to throw my drone away, I've only had it two months and it's not my first mavic!!
2020-5-30
Use props
djiuser_gMI0fPg8QIcm
New

United States

Mark Mader Posted at 2019-9-1 15:17

This is also my experience. Intermittent issue resolved by repeating rebooting the smart control. So much for the speed and convenience of an $800 controller
2020-5-30
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a brand new smart controller with up to date firmware and I just had this problem for the first time on my 3rd flight.    Clearly there is a software issue.  
2020-5-30
Use props
GOMAVIC
lvl.1
Serbia

#Quick Reply Here#Hi, I have the same problem last few months. Sometimes 5 times in row, so I must reset both mavic and sc. Also when I do live with hdmi and secondary monitor and with no problem on sc, there is black bar at the botton on that secondary monitor which ruins me the job. Please if you solved the problem help me . Also I have all firmware up to date, for cr, mavic2, baterys... thanks
2020-6-9
Use props
GOMAVIC
lvl.1
Serbia

Hi, I have the same problem last few months. Sometimes 5 times in row, so I must reset both mavic and sc. Also when I do live with hdmi and secondary monitor and with no problem on sc, there is black bar at the botton on that secondary monitor which ruins me the job. Please if you solved the problem help me . Also I have all firmware up to date, for cr, mavic2, baterys... thanks
2020-6-9
Use props
ChiukiAmsterdam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7163576 ft

Netherlands

I just had this issue (June 28 2020) with my new SC and M2P - restarted everything several times. nothing. Took the SD card out of the smart controller, nothing. Everything updated to the lastest version. Shut down the M2P and took out the SD card and started it up without the card, works normally. Shut M2P down, reinserted the SC card and restarted, now working normally.
Strange thing - even though I had no video feed from the M2P, I could take a picture and play it back on the SC. Also could control the gimbal movements, so nothing was not working except the video feed from the M2P to the SC.... and of course it's Sunday, so no tech support, because who needs support on the weekend .... ?

Is anyone still experiencing this? Has the issue not been resolved in an update yet??
2020-6-28
Use props
TimmyBaker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4762051 ft
South Africa

Just had this happen to me.

Mavic Pro, latest firmwares etc...

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. At this stage mostly it doesnt, hope there is a fix soon

If that happened in the air, its tickets.... Not a good situation to be in....
2020-7-3
Use props
chappo59
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1568 ft

Austria

Today I installed the new firmware v01.00.0670.

Do not have any illusions, the error is not fixed and still occurs irregularly for me. It can be remedied (as usual) by restarting M2P and SC once or several times (temporarily). As mentioned above, I also did a factory reset some time ago, which unfortunately was not sustainable..

By the way, the Litchi app, which is also installed for test purposes, always works.
(Sorry for my english)
LG Karl
2020-7-11
Use props
fans4dad9975
New

United States

I PULLED THE DROP DOWN SCREEN UP AND HIT THE CANCEL LINKING BUTTON THEN TURNED IT BACK ON AND THE SCREEN AND CAMERA LINKED BACK UP!!
2020-7-29
Use props
fans4dad9975
New

United States

RDK83 Posted at 5-30 06:26
Hello DJI Tony, I need your help please, my mavic 2 zoom is not working and I have the error screen, no image, battery says nothing but they are on and light up! I am so frustrated I just want to throw my drone away, I've only had it two months and it's not my first mavic!!
I PULLED THE DROP DOWN SCREEN UP AND HIT THE CANCEL LINKING BUTTON THEN TURNED IT BACK ON AND THE SCREEN AND CAMERA LINKED BACK UP!!
2020-7-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules