XT2 sensor size?
6050 2 2019-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
choppedxs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 602090 ft
New Zealand

Can anyone please tell me what the sensor size in mm is for the Zenmuse XT2? I have looked all over the place and all I find is 1/1.7 inch CMOS and Im not convinced this is correct. I was told by ferntech that it is the same size as XT as well. Would love a definite answer so I can add it to DJI GS Pro and DJI pilot as a custom camera (being as they dont seem to be supported by any DJI software yet). If this is not possible it would be great if someone could tell me the footprint of image at 120m AGL.
Thanks
2019-5-8
Use props
mark baker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77618 ft
Denmark

I've been looking for the detail too, but can't find out anything official.

Standard sensor size for a 1/1.7" sensor is 7.6mm x 5.7mm. There are some slight variations between camera models but generally this holds true.

I've set up the XT2 with 13mm and 25mm lenses in the DJI Pilot App using these figures and have had no problems.

Technically there could be a variation to the above dimensions, but it would be in the range of 0.1 - 0.2mm. This shouldn't affect you in real terms, unless you need to know your GSD to fractions of a centimetre.

When I am in the field again I will play around with the settings in DJI Pilot and see if it makes any noticeable difference.
2019-5-9
Use props
choppedxs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 602090 ft
New Zealand

mark baker Posted at 5-9 22:15
I've been looking for the detail too, but can't find out anything official.

Standard sensor size for a 1/1.7" sensor is 7.6mm x 5.7mm. There are some slight variations between camera models but generally this holds true.

A difference of 3 mm or so in sensor size (ie going from 7.5 to 10.5mm) makes a big difference to footprint which in turn has big impact on flight time. I have played around with different custom camera setups with different sensor size and it can go from 70m to 110m footprint and add 60% to flight time. Would be nice if DJI could tell us the sensor size or maybe update the software so its supported as a camera.  Thanks for help and look forward to seeing what you find
2019-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules