Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem with Spark dropping alt and increasing.
1011 21 2019-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spark goes up and down up to 1m.  It's not that it's a big deal but I'm not sure exactly what is causing this.  Everytime I do an IMU calibration it's solid as a rock.  Do I have to calibrate Every new flight day?
2019-5-9
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Is this only happening on Take off or also while flying?
2019-5-9
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Sometimes it's definitely needed to calibrate IMU every single day.
2019-5-9
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mhinc Posted at 5-9 01:25
Is this only happening on Take off or also while flying?

hovering and flying
2019-5-9
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

AntDX316 Posted at 5-9 01:45
hovering and flying

How high?
Still in VPS range?
2019-5-9
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 5-9 02:30
How high?
Still in VPS range?

What's VPS?  I was trying to take a picture of it at night but the motion blur was so bad because it kept going up and down.  The mavic 2 does the same thing but not as bad.
2019-5-9
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

VPS = Vision Positioning System

So, how high over ground have you been?
How many satellite have you seen?
You checked your flight log?
2019-5-9
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 5-9 03:25
VPS = Vision Positioning System

So, how high over ground have you been?

yeah, both do it

sats are 17+

When you fly high up in the air greater than 50 feet it's not like we can tell the difference but if you are hovering at like 8 feet and look at it is when you see what I'm talking about.  Precision flying is what they can't really do.  Burying our head into the screen and going straight up and out, we can't tell.  Still though, the performance is exceptional but perfection is just another level.
2019-5-9
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

AntDX316 Posted at 5-9 04:22
yeah, both do it

sats are 17+

How high have you been for the night picture, please?
Can you give an answer?
Was it, perhaps, at a shallow height of, say 8 ft?

And have you checked the flight log?
2019-5-9
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 5-9 06:26
How high have you been for the night picture, please?
Can you give an answer?
Was it, perhaps, at a shallow height of, say 8 ft?

It was around 8-15 feet because the lights turned on and I had my camera and wanted to take a pic.  I shouldn't have deleted the pictures but they were blurry.  The automatic landing lights at night are cool but work when you are like say 10 feet away.  People would freak out if they needed light at night and I use it.
2019-5-9
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

AntDX316 Posted at 5-9 07:03
It was around 8-15 feet because the lights turned on and I had my camera and wanted to take a pic.  I shouldn't have deleted the pictures but they were blurry.  The automatic landing lights at night are cool but work when you are like say 10 feet away.  People would freak out if they needed light at night and I use it.

Ok, so the bird was using VPS for stabilizing.
Which is not easy on darkish ground.
Have you been in a windy corner, perhaps?

And have you checked the flight record?

2019-5-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

It was around 8-15 feet because the lights turned on and I had my camera and wanted to take a pic.  I shouldn't have deleted the pictures but they were blurry.  The automatic landing lights at night are cool but work when you are like say 10 feet away.  People would freak out if they needed light at night and I use it.

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Usually, the application would prompt a message in any case that the IMU calibration should be conducted for the aircraft to perform well during the flight. However, doing the IMU and compass calibration every time prior to flight is also part of your preflight checklist. We would recommend refreshing the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 and re-calibrate the IMU as well as the compass to see if there will be changes. You may download the application using the link below. Thank you for your support.

https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
2019-5-9
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

It was around 8-15 feet because the lights turned on and I had my camera and wanted to take a pic.  I shouldn't have deleted the pictures but they were blurry.  The automatic landing lights at night are cool but work when you are like say 10 feet away.  People would freak out if they needed light at night and I use it.

Put your camera on a tripod and up its shutter speed to get less blur.  The spark seems pretty stable considering it is flying in a moving fluid.  I calibrated the Spark once when I first bought it a year and a half ago.

Spark Glide 4.gif
2019-5-9
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 5-9 09:28
Put your camera on a tripod and up its shutter speed to get less blur.  The spark seems pretty stable considering it is flying in a moving fluid.  I calibrated the Spark once when I first bought it a year and a half ago.

It's not that.  The aircraft is going up and down like 1meter so at like 1" shutter speed it's going to blur.
2019-5-9
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-9 08:47
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Usually, the application would prompt a message in any case that the IMU calibration should be conducted for the aircraft to perform well during the flight. However, doing the IMU and compass calibration every time prior to flight is also part of your preflight checklist. We would recommend refreshing the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 and re-calibrate the IMU as well as the compass to see if there will be changes. You may download the application using the link below. Thank you for your support.

I firmware refreshed everything but didn't IMU calibrate again.  This could be the reason!  Also do you need to calibrate the compass after IMU because if you do it in reverse order it won't work properly?
2019-5-9
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Germany

Hi,

And make sure the 3 down looking round sensor glasses (2 dark, 1 clear) are absolutely clean before every flight.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-5-9
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wolferl Posted at 5-9 23:49
Hi,

And make sure the 3 down looking round sensor glasses (2 dark, 1 clear) are absolutely clean before every flight.

yeah, I calibrated IMU now it's stable!
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1851061
2019-5-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AntDX316 Posted at 5-9 17:19
I firmware refreshed everything but didn't IMU calibrate again.  This could be the reason!  Also do you need to calibrate the compass after IMU because if you do it in reverse order it won't work properly?

Hi, thanks for the response. It's troubleshooting steps that could possibly help and improve the performance of your aircraft. It's not necessary to have a procedure which one should be calibrated first, for as long as we've calibrated the IMU and compass those function should work properly. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-12
Use props
MrtSoo
New

Estonia

Hi, im having similar problems, only my Spark wont show any  Height or Distance info no more. I have crashed it couple of times but have always done IMU and Compass calibration. What might be the issue?
2019-5-15
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MrtSoo Posted at 5-15 19:43
Hi, im having similar problems, only my Spark wont show any  Height or Distance info no more. I have crashed it couple of times but have always done IMU and Compass calibration. What might be the issue?

after doing an IMU calibration, right after it's solid as a rock inside as well as the Mavic 2 which I've taken pictures of and put on my website at Elitecaptures7.com
2019-5-16
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MrtSoo Posted at 5-15 19:43
Hi, im having similar problems, only my Spark wont show any  Height or Distance info no more. I have crashed it couple of times but have always done IMU and Compass calibration. What might be the issue?

after doing an IMU calibration, right after it's solid as a rock inside as well as the Mavic 2 which I've taken pictures of and put on my website at Elitecaptures7.com
2019-5-16
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

AntDX316 Posted at 5-16 01:40

None of these procedures will help.
Your SPARK motherboard has to be changed or the cables to the sensors need to be changed.
2019-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules