Asteroid Quickshots not saving in DJI go 4 app
6852 13 2019-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bennyblanka
lvl.1
Canada

Hey guys

I am new around here and having some issues wiht the asteroid quickshot. I have tried all the other quickshots and they save on my DJO go 4 app and I can find them in my editor library, however the asteroid quickshots do not show up in there? the drone completes the quickshot with no error messages ot anything ? has anyone else had this issue? I have tried re installing the app on my iphone X and all my firnware is up to date on everything.

I will check my SD card when I get home and see if the asteroid shots saved on there i guess but would be nice to view it on your phone for quick sharing.

Thanks

2019-5-9
Use props
LeftT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1516 ft
United States

I have had the same issue and i still dont know what to do
2019-5-9
Use props
LeftT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1516 ft
United States

I have had the same issue and i still dont know what to do.
2019-5-9
Use props
bennyblanka
lvl.1
Canada

LeftT Posted at 5-9 08:41
I have had the same issue and i still dont know what to do.

hopefully its something they address with an update soon
2019-5-9
Use props
bennyblanka
lvl.1
Canada

LeftT Posted at 5-9 08:40
I have had the same issue and i still dont know what to do

hopefully they address this issue and fix it with an update soon
2019-5-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. I would like to ask if you've managed to check the quickshot video in playback option in the application? Did you manage to check if there's a video in the camera roll app in your mobile device? Kindly check as well in the SD Card for us to ensure the possible location of this Quickshot. I would recommend turning the "Video Cache Setting" in the general settings and check if there will be a file that would be generated in the app or camera roll. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-9
Use props
bennyblanka
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 5-9 10:45
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. I would like to ask if you've managed to check the quickshot video in playback option in the application? Did you manage to check if there's a video in the camera roll app in your mobile device? Kindly check as well in the SD Card for us to ensure the possible location of this Quickshot. I would recommend turning the "Video Cache Setting" in the general settings and check if there will be a file that would be generated in the app or camera roll. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

Thanks for your reply. The video is not in my camera roll or in my album in the editor on the DJI go 4 app. I tried the other quickshots and they all saved in my album on the DJI app editor tab. I will check my micro SD card when I get home later today to see if the clip saved in there. It would be nice if it saved on my app so i could share quickly .

Thanks
2019-5-9
Use props
bennyblanka
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 5-9 10:45
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. I would like to ask if you've managed to check the quickshot video in playback option in the application? Did you manage to check if there's a video in the camera roll app in your mobile device? Kindly check as well in the SD Card for us to ensure the possible location of this Quickshot. I would recommend turning the "Video Cache Setting" in the general settings and check if there will be a file that would be generated in the app or camera roll. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

I just connected my phone to the drone and RC and went into the editor app and looked on the SD card and the asteroid shots were in there. for some reason they went in my cached videos in the library with all the others. but at least I found them. thanks
2019-5-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

bennyblanka Posted at 5-9 13:39
I just connected my phone to the drone and RC and went into the editor app and looked on the SD card and the asteroid shots were in there. for some reason they went in my cached videos in the library with all the others. but at least I found them. thanks

Hi, thanks for your update. We're glad to know that you've found the Asteroid shot that you've made. You may post your work here as well! Thank you for your support.
2019-5-9
Use props
TechVoyager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170030 ft
India

Well, i faced this issue initially but later figured it out. For someone who is still looking for a fix, here it is:
- While taking the asteroid quick shot, wait till it shows the msg that its completed the asteroid shot.
- do not disconnect or poweroff or remove the Card or delete the contents of the card, from the drone instantly after you finished recording.
- in the dji go app, open the camera view and click on the small "play" button on the screen located in the right hand side bottom of the screen.
- On clicking it, you will find your asteroid shot. Click it, it will ask you to complete the processing of the asteroid shot and download the asteroid shot.
- Once thats done, then only it will show up on your phone gallery or dji go album or SD card.

Now, to be frank, i dont like the way DJI implemented this whole process of getting the asteroid shot. It should be instantly processed and the final output should get instantly saved in the SD card after the quickshot is over. If its gonna take time, then show some progress to the user thats its processing the final output and copying to SD card.
I as a user, instantly remove the SD card and move the card contents instantly to the PC, as i mostly want to record some more shots on the same sd card, and my expectation was to find my asteroid shot present in the SD card contents. But it wont be there unless you follow the whole drama mentioned above. Most of the times, i just copy the video files assuming that the asteroid shot was present in one of those videos; and then i delete some other supporting files that DJI creates. But dont do that. Because those supporting files are the ones which will be used by DJI app to process your asteroid shot. If you have deleted those files and folders, then forget your asteroid shot. I did that mistake many time.

DJI, one request - please make the capturing and storing of the quickshot output files on SD card instant and more easy to use. Make all the processings while taking the shot, before you show the message that the quickshot is complete. So that when user will be removing the SD card, the shot should be readily present on the SD card. He shouldnt do all the above disco dance. Hopefully this will be fixed in future firmware updates.
2019-5-9
Use props
Flap Zappa
New
Flight distance : 85404 ft
Turkey

TechVoyager Posted at 2019-5-9 23:15
Well, i faced this issue initially but later figured it out. For someone who is still looking for a fix, here it is:
- While taking the asteroid quick shot, wait till it shows the msg that its completed the asteroid shot.
- do not disconnect or poweroff or remove the Card or delete the contents of the card, from the drone instantly after you finished recording.

I took some asteroid shots today and found them in the app and created them by following the instructions and in the app I could zoom in and scroll around the image like  a sort of 360 quicktime movie. However when I got home and downloaded the the images to the pc all I got was the image below

How can you view them once off the drone and app. Is there another stage I missed somehow

ps: I took it as a 360degree panorama image rather than video  from a hover rather than the asteroid feature. I noticed a globe and pressed it.

2021-6-26
Use props
djiuser_RoD0nMiVcK0j
New

Canada

omg! this is happening to me also. Glad I am not alone. It is very frustrating as I pretty much bought this drone for this feature.,.. I hope there is a fix ? For me , I can find the film but upon downloading it, it reaches 100% and then does not reverse it.,. it freezes then the app closes. and the video never transfers to my phone library. this is a new glitch. it used to work fine for me.
to reiterate: the flight and recording seems to work perfectly. Upon hitting playback the film will download and then crash out the application before finishing and reversing the video.
Thanks for any help!
2021-7-19
Use props
djiuser_LEu2RE7X4SxY
New

Greece

djiuser_RoD0nMiVcK0j Posted at 7-19 15:39
omg! this is happening to me also. Glad I am not alone. It is very frustrating as I pretty much bought this drone for this feature.,.. I hope there is a fix ? For me , I can find the film but upon downloading it, it reaches 100% and then does not reverse it.,. it freezes then the app closes. and the video never transfers to my phone library. this is a new glitch. it used to work fine for me.
to reiterate: the flight and recording seems to work perfectly. Upon hitting playback the film will download and then crash out the application before finishing and reversing the video.
Thanks for any help!
Exacly same issue here , this is something which is not acceptable in this kind of equipment. DJI should act properly on this issue as to many of us have same issue
2021-7-28
Use props
fans901bc40e
New
Flight distance : 170607 ft
Greece

djiuser_LEu2RE7X4SxY Posted at 7-28 05:20
Exacly same issue here , this is something which is not acceptable in this kind of equipment. DJI should act properly on this issue as to many of us have same issue

I have the same problem. All quick shots and all panorama like shots are not displayed in the app gallery. I need to connect phone with drone and then download them to mobile. We should be able to see at least our shots and not having to connect the drone to see our shots. Any help on that?
2021-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules