To update or not ?
784 5 2019-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
coco60
lvl.4
Flight distance : 632096 ft
Canada

Hi. Anyone updated DJI GO to latest firmware version 4.3.17 that is supposed to fix bugs. did you found more benifits than drawbacks updating ??
2019-5-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day coco60. Thank you for reaching out. We highly recommend updating your DJI Go 4 app to its latest version for you to maximize the new features of the said new version also to avoid any errors and problems to the app that's the reason why we need the app updated. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-5-9
Use props
coco60
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-9 09:22
Hi, good day coco60. Thank you for reaching out. We highly recommend updating your DJI Go 4 app to its latest version for you to maximize the new features of the said new version also to avoid any errors and problems to the app that's the reason why we need the app updated. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a safe and happy flying always!

..as the administrator it is understandable to tell me to update but with all those posts about dronners having more problems after a new update, it makes me more hesitant you see !!
2019-5-9
Use props
coco60
lvl.4
Canada

You Gamora were you aware through the years of any drone crash due to firmware updates issues ? Now be honnest !!
2019-5-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

coco60 Posted at 5-9 09:30
..as the administrator it is understandable to tell me to update but with all those posts about dronners having more problems after a new update, it makes me more hesitant you see !!

Hi coco60, my sincere apologies for all the trouble that it caused. This is not we want you to experience with DJI.  First of all, It is suggested to update the APP to the latest version since it is the optimization on the previous versions. However, you may or you may not upgrade the APP if everything is working well for you on the current version that you have. I understand your point and we appreciate your feedback. There's a lot of factors involve why some consumer's are having bugs on the APP, like crashing issues etc. Sometimes, the problem is the hardware itself and not the software directly. For example, we require 6 or 4gb ram for your phone for the APP to work properly on a specific drone model and your device did not meet the required RAM. In this case, there's a possibility that you can still use the APP, however, we cannot guarantee if you can you all the features and functionality of it. Again, sorry for the inconvenience and we appreciate your understanding about this matter. Thank you.  
2019-5-9
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Somebody has done their home work!  I like that.
2019-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules