#dronestrategy BRAZIL (update 2020-10-24 in Blue)
12Next >
24468 51 2019-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Junior SBC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

Drone Strategy in Brazil

To fly in Brazil with total security, the necessary strategy consists of the observation of four points:
1- Legislation
2- Place to fly suitable
3- Climate
4- SARPAS

1 - Brazilian Legislation:
To fly according to current rules, any drone above 250 grams of Maximum Takeoff Weight containing batteries and accessories such as the propeller protector (in the case of the DJI Mavic Mini) can only be operated by people over 18, except in locations suitable for aeromodelling when accompanied by a person over 18 years old. For FPV flights, in addition to the drone operator an auxiliary person, called an "observer pilot", is required.

When the pilot is from another country and wants to fly here in Brazil, there are two situations:

1) when the foreign remote pilot is going to use his own equipment: the foreign pilot must provide his registration with the CPF (federal tax registration) and register his equipment in the SISANT (ANAC) and SARPAS (DECEA) systems. It is also necessary to contract insurance against third parties (in the case of non-recreational flights) and verify that the "drone" is approved by ANATEL. If not, it will be necessary to provide homologation for own use. There are professionals in Brazil who do this service for a good price and it would be good to do it in advance before traveling, as it takes between 10 and 15 days for this certification.

2) when the foreign remote pilot is hired by someone in Brazil to pilot a device already registered with ANAC: you will not need to obtain a CPF or register in the systems. According to DECEA, the flight may be requested by another pilot already registered who must be present at the time of the operation, alongside the foreign pilot who will control the "drone". In this case, the Brazilian pilot already registered will be responsible for the flight.

These are the legal requirements:

Anatel: The National Telecommunications Agency is the body that regulates the norms of use of equipment that emits radio signals, to avoid interferences or banned bands for transmission / reception. It is necessary to have the certification number on the drone and on the radio, the DJI drones sold in Brazil have this information on the label:

2019-05-09 15_01_06-etiqueta dji anatel.png

If you have purchased your DJI outside Brazil, you can obtain the "certificate of compliance", where you will enter the Anatel website, fill out a registration form. It's free, but I recommend hiring a professional to do it, because this job is a little complex and requires technical knowledge.

etiqueta anatel drone.png
Remembering that the validity in this case is two years, if the drone still remains in its possession, this validity does not expire.

ANAC - National Civil Aviation Agency is the body that regulates and supervises the operator, the drone and their operations.
It is necessary to register the pilot, through filling in the website and sending personal documents. The drone must also be registered, photographed and after the initiation of this process, totally free, will receive the following certificate:
PR-079931001.jpg
In the prefix of the registration number, one can see the use of the drone: "PR" (recreational use) or "PP" (professional use.) It also requires the external identification of the drone with the registration number in the ANAC, for example:
SeloAnac.png
You can also put the two numbers of Anatel and ANAC entries in a single sticker and put more information on the label:
Drone Tag for Brazil.png

How I did:
20190302_154339.jpg

The important thing is to identify your DJI aircraft and the radio.

NOTE: For professional use of the drone (ie making money from it) will be necessary: third party insurance policy, risk analysis report of the operation and a contract, agreement or authorization of the contractors of the service are required.

And finally, let's talk about DECEA:

DECEA - Department of Airspace Control - It is a governmental body that regulates and authorizes the use of Brazilian airspace, where it is defined where it can fly or not. On the DECEA website there is a system (SISANT) where a registration with your information is made free of charge, which will be crossed with those that we registered with ANAC, defining that you are the pilot and which registered drones will be flying so that in case of any incident, for example, the authorities know who the operator was.

2- Place for suitable flight
This is very important for a #dronestrategy! It is not any place that we can fly, however, Brazil is very big, we have many landscapes, beaches, monuments and parks that are worth very only to be seen from above ...

I removed this text from a website dronefriendly.com.br, which I maintain, where it deals with places to fly with drone, because I am passionate about the recreational flight and to encourage more and more people to fly safely and to enjoy the hobby with responsibility. Let's go!

Where you can not fly:
Below, some restrictions on recreational flight that are not respected, in addition to entailing risks to aviation safety, will be subject from administrative penalties to criminal. You can even ask, "I can not fly nowhere?", We reply: Respecting the rules and remembering that the Brazilian territory has 8.516.000 km², we can safely say that there is a lot of scenery, many rivers, beaches, parks and waterfalls for example, much prettier than a prison roof or airport runway asphalt ...

Airports: In addition to the financial loss to airlines, passengers and the entire flight schedule interrupted due to airport closure, the damage that would make a drone crash to an aircraft at 250km / h at the time of landing is unimaginable. Flying close to airports or within the restraint area is a crime and can even give way beyond, of course, all of us being penalized by ever greater restrictions. Want an example? Due to some incidents at Congonhas (CGH) in São Paulo, DECEA has extended the restriction radius from 2km to 5.6km, which means that air space is not allowed within this circle, which consequently affects us who we fly by hobby and many people who work seriously.

Heliports: The same risk situation with one more aggravating factor: because it is a manned multi-use aircraft (rescue, policing, transportation, etc.), we never know what time it will take, where it comes from, what its altitude is, where it will land or take off . Therefore the need for flight information in SARPAS, noting that the restriction is within a radius of 600m. Even if you have made flight information on SARPAS when you see a helicopter, follow the rule of common sense, get off your drone as soon as possible and land safely;

People: It is not because you have been able to inform in the system and that your flight has been authorized, that you could, for example, fly in a park near people or animals. The distance of people who do not know (in summary, are those who do not know you and let alone fly over their heads) is at least 30m horizontal, no matter the height. Also remember that everyone has the right to have privacy, that is, not film people without authorization in any situation whatsoever.

Concentration of people: Carnival blocks, concerts, electric trios, rallies, popular demonstrations, in short, should never be flown unless it is a professional flight, with a risk analysis report, third part insurance and express authorization from the organizers of the event. Remember: your drone must have prefix "PP" (for professional use only).

Park: Some parks prohibit the flight of drones for many reasons, among them, risks of disturbing the local fauna or the neighborhood, reaching a guest, being foreseen in some municipal law or ordinance, or prohibiting and ending point without justification. If you come across a restrictive sign do not pretend that you have not seen it, or if you ask permission from the park administration and do not succeed, in both situations contemplate the trees, flowers, birds, nature and of course, do not fly;

Critical Areas: We will not talk about the reasons though they are obvious, but it's hard to remember that you can not fly over:
    Prisons, penitentiaries and other correctional units;
    Hospitals, first aid, clinics, and other health facilities;
    Refineries, petrochemical, steel, mining, etc .;
    Units of power generation (hydro, thermo, nuclear, wind, etc.) substations, transmission towers and subsystems;
    Water or gas supply networks and dams;
    Military bases, security, surveillance

After knowing the Brazilian legislation, having everything registered and regularized, we go to the most fun part, which is to fly, I will put a practical example and take some screen prints to stay more didactic.

3- Climate
It is no use flying without first having a plan, even more than in many places here in Brazil, such as São Paulo, time changes in a way that we can have the four seasons in a single day, so the need to verify How will time be part of #dronestrategy

There are many weather applications, for example, I use the UAV Forecast, Climate Radar and Magnetology

UAV Forecast:

Screenshot_20190509-170614_UAV Forecast.jpg

Climate Radar:
Screenshot_20190509-170506_Weather&Radar.jpg

Magnetology (to see the Kp Index)
Screenshot_20190509-170537_Magnetology.jpg

Well... We have seen that the weather factor is favorable to our #dronestrategy, we will now request the flight to DECEA, through a web application, which can be done both by the computer and smartphone:

4- SARPAS: RPA Authorization System

In this online system, with our information, from the drone DJI date and time and place, we receive authorization or not for the flight, in this case, we go to the "Pousada dos Pescadores", located in the municipality of São Bernardo do Campo, São Paulo: a very good place to fish, swim, practice water sports and of course have lots of fun flying and capturing images, lets see the System, is very intuitive and easy to use:

The screen of the localisation (or coordinates or point to the map)

screenshot-servicos.decea.gov.br-2019.05.09-17-44-04.png

The screen of the parameters to fly:
screenshot-servicos.decea.gov.br-2019.05.09-18-37-59.png
and finally send the request..

Request sent successfully
screenshot-servicos.decea.gov.br-2019.05.09-18-48-43.png

With this request ends the bureaucratic part, now it's just flying ...
Recalling that it is important here in Brazil to be with you for a possible (and remote) police approach:
1- Aircraft registration, issued by ANAC, seen above
2- Anatel's Certificate of Compliance if your DJI was purchased outside of Brazil without identification on the serial label.
3- Identification in the aircraft Anatel and Anac
4- Your DJI Manual
5. Flight request in SARPAS (the one made above) may be the cell phone screen or confirmation email you received from DECEA

Here are some pictures I took of the place, it was very worth my #dronestrategy
strtgy003.jpg strtgy005.jpg strtgy002.jpg
strtgy001.jpg

If you got to the end, I would like you to visit the website I maintain, made with affection for those who want fly with your drone within the rules and have fun, as that is the goal of the hobby.
The dronefriendly.com.br is a mapping of places to fly, where we give a preview about the place, what you will find there, structure and how to get there.

Thank you all for the opportunity.

2019-5-9
Use props
RODRIGO.SOCIAL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 957523 ft
Brazil

Great work, too important to everyone that flyes in Brazil...or in anywhere!
2019-5-9
Use props
fans41e507e2
New
Flight distance : 2946385 ft
Brazil

Perfect!  Detailed and interesting editorial!  Congratulations!
2019-5-9
Use props
Junior SBC
lvl.4
Brazil

RODRIGO.SOCIAL Posted at 5-9 14:42
Great work, too important to everyone that flyes in Brazil...or in anywhere!

Thank you!
Hugs
2019-5-9
Use props
Junior SBC
lvl.4
Brazil

fans41e507e2 Posted at 5-9 14:46
Perfect!  Detailed and interesting editorial!  Congratulations!

Thank you!

Hugs

2019-5-9
Use props
TC Filmes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 42497 ft
Brazil

Perfeito! Excelente material. Vai virar referência.
2019-5-9
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Nice strategy, very detailed and useful tips. Thanks for sharing.
2019-5-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Another great entry!
Very nice to have all this info!
2019-5-9
Use props
Junior SBC
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Panda Posted at 5-9 19:03
Nice strategy, very detailed and useful tips. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, DJI Panda!

2019-5-10
Use props
Junior SBC
lvl.4
Brazil

Montfrooij Posted at 5-9 22:18
Another great entry!
Very nice to have all this info!

Thank you!

Hugs,

2019-5-10
Use props
Junior SBC
lvl.4
Brazil

TC Filmes Posted at 5-9 15:05
Perfeito! Excelente material. Vai virar referência.

Obrigado amigo!

Abraço

2019-5-10
Use props
fansf555b2a8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2014892 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Congratulations for the post! We at FlyPro, as official resellers in Brazil, will definitely forward this guide to international customers that often contact us asking for information about flying here in Brazil.
2019-5-11
Use props
Junior SBC
lvl.4
Brazil

Thank you, friends.

2019-5-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2019-5-12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent work
2019-5-12
Use props
Junior SBC
lvl.4
Brazil

A J Posted at 5-12 03:55
Excellent work

Thank you!

2019-5-12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome
2019-5-12
Use props
Mauricio Pires
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207 ft
Brazil

Congratulations on this post that is of great value. I'm from YouTube channel PiresVoador https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCalAJG7e7zND7OWH0HfGw1g and I'll post it between my videos with DJI MAVIC PRO. Thank you very much.
2019-5-14
Use props
Junior SBC
lvl.4
Brazil

Mauricio Pires Posted at 5-14 09:27
Congratulations on this post that is of great value. I'm from YouTube channel PiresVoador https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCalAJG7e7zND7OWH0HfGw1g and I'll post it between my videos with DJI MAVIC PRO. Thank you very much.

Thank you, friend. I saw and I recommend for all your YouTube Channel.

Hugs
2019-5-14
Use props
Edney Fernandes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3759065 ft
Brazil

Very well made, very detailed. Complete guide to get into the guts of having a drone safely registered in Brazil. Thanks for taking the time. This way, foreigners can easily find all needed information. Way to go
2019-5-14
Use props
Junior SBC
lvl.4
Brazil

Edney Fernandes Posted at 5-14 09:44
Very well made, very detailed. Complete guide to get into the guts of having a drone safely registered in Brazil. Thanks for taking the time. This way, foreigners can easily find all needed information. Way to go

Thank you very much. Is exactly this the intention.

Hugs

2019-5-14
Use props
djiuser_psYNHZumkw4j
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128 ft
Brazil

Congratulations, great service.
2019-5-14
Use props
Paulo Pinto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10561 ft

Brazil

Good Job!
2019-5-14
Use props
Junior SBC
lvl.4
Brazil

djiuser_psYNHZumkw4j Posted at 5-14 13:47
Congratulations, great service.

Thank you  very much

2019-5-14
Use props
Junior SBC
lvl.4
Brazil

Thank you, friend!

2019-5-14
Use props
elberti
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985561 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Lovely; thanks for sharing and this confirms so much my willings to travel to Brazil. And the SARPAS online application/registration - is immediate or you should wait for approval?
2019-5-17
Use props
Junior SBC
lvl.4
Brazil

Hello
Yes, SARPAS, after completing the flight data, receives an "Informed Flight" e-mail. Stay with it, it can be on the same smartphone, to show the authorities if they question.
Thanks for having liked this strategy, this motivates me to contribute more and more to a safe flight, even when I come to Brazil, access dronefriendly.com.br : the site is new, but it gives precious tips to fly here.

Hugs
2019-5-17
Use props
Francis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

Very good job. Thnk you
2019-5-17
Use props
Francis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

Very good job. Thnk you
2019-5-17
Use props
Junior SBC
lvl.4
Brazil

Francis Posted at 5-17 18:38
Very good job. Thnk you

Thank you, my friend!

Hugs
2019-5-17
Use props
Junior SBC
lvl.4
Brazil

Francis Posted at 5-17 18:39
Very good job. Thnk you

Thanks!

2019-5-17
Use props
Guilherme P. Ribeiro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 252221 ft

Brazil

Thanks for the very collaborative approach. I’ve joined the drone community for 5 months and the weather/magnetics advices was really useful to me!
2019-5-26
Use props
Junior SBC
lvl.4
Brazil

Guilherme P. Ribeiro Posted at 5-26 15:00
Thanks for the very collaborative approach. I’ve joined the drone community for 5 months and the weather/magnetics advices was really useful to me!

Thank you very much. This is the exact point of the discussion in this forum: The more there is clarification, the fewer people will give up the hobby and the drone market will grow proportionally.

Hugs
2019-5-26
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Great work, very nice informations
2019-5-26
Use props
Junior SBC
lvl.4
Brazil

jacksonnai Posted at 5-26 23:55
Great work, very nice informations

Thank you very much!

Hugs

2019-5-27
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Junior SBC Posted at 5-27 09:47
Thank you very much!

Hugs

You're welcome

2019-5-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Congratulations!
2019-6-3
Use props
Junior SBC
lvl.4
Brazil

Thank you very much!

hugs

2019-6-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Junior SBC Posted at 6-3 09:17
Thank you very much!

hugs

You're very welcome!
2019-6-3
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 4522884 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Brazil is one of the most beautiful nations in the world ...
and this topic is really very useful and well done ...
congratulations
2019-6-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules