Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Spark (Air Encoder Issue)
1014 9 2019-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpeedyBirdy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 968002 ft
United States

Hey guys! I was just about to fly Sparky yesterday and before I took off I received an "air encoder" alert in the control messages anlong with a bunch of "bluetooth signal interference," "rc signal lost" along with the video feed cutting in and out every 2 or 3 seconds. This is a location I've flown in several times with no issues whatsoever. I went back inside and restarted Sparky to see if the problems would go away but same thing kept happening over and over again. I have logged I believe 30+ hours of flight time with more than a 100 successfull flights with no incidents whatsoever. Sparky is in pristine condition with no damage, scuffs, or even hairline scratches. If you mixed mine with a new one you cant tell the difference. I had flown Sparky I think a few weeks ago and everything went well and then let it sit in its case till yesterday. Im on the lastest firmware and app so no issues there but I did update to the latest version of the app between the time I flew a few weeks ago till yesterday so I dont know if the latest version has some software bugs or whatever. So what shoud I do to get Sparky flying again?
2019-5-9
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

are you flying with controller or wifi ?
2019-5-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day SpeedyBirdy. I do apologize for this inconvenience that it caused you and thank you for reaching out. Please try upgrade the firmware to the latest version once again, and then restart the said drone. If the problem persists after several attempts, I would recommend contacting our DJI Support Team for further actions and help in regards to this concern. You may refer to the link below to reach our team. Thank you for the support.

https://www.dji.com/support
2019-5-10
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Are you using a cable from device to RC?
2019-5-10
Use props
SpeedyBirdy
lvl.3
United States

I fly with the controller connected to my Xs Max and I don’t use an OTG cable because it is not supported for iOS. I connected Sparky to DJI assistant 2 and refreshed the firmware along with restoring it to factory default setting. Once I did this I reconnected everything and I did not see the error or frequent 2 sec disconnects  like I was having before. However, there is some lag between the video feed when I adjust the gimbal up or down. Response rate is fine when looking at the gimbal it’s only delayed when I look at the video feed if you know what I mean. I will test it when the weather is nice and let you guys know.
2019-5-14
Use props
TheSpeedyBirdy
lvl.3
United States

Just did a test flight and everything went well.
2019-5-23
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

The eternal question: Why did you update it? did not work? Why people are repairing what's good! There are many problems with the new firmware ... Read the comments! (But there could be hardware failure anyway ...)
2019-5-23
Use props
TheSpeedyBirdy
lvl.3
United States

You should always update to make sure you’re running the latest and greatest software. If anything you could always downgrade or refresh the firmware like I did + factory reset which should solve whatever issue you’re having for the most part. If you still can’t fix it then get help from DJI. Simple.
2019-5-23
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

SpeedyBirdy Posted at 5-14 13:12
I fly with the controller connected to my Xs Max and I don’t use an OTG cable because it is not supported for iOS. I connected Sparky to DJI assistant 2 and refreshed the firmware along with restoring it to factory default setting. Once I did this I reconnected everything and I did not see the error or frequent 2 sec disconnects  like I was having before. However, there is some lag between the video feed when I adjust the gimbal up or down. Response rate is fine when looking at the gimbal it’s only delayed when I look at the video feed if you know what I mean. I will test it when the weather is nice and let you guys know.

Sure it is. Works great. Used it with both Android and iPhone. OTG, don't fly without it.
2019-5-26
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

TheSpeedyBirdy Posted at 5-23 19:36
You should always update to make sure you’re running the latest and greatest software. If anything you could always downgrade or refresh the firmware like I did + factory reset which should solve whatever issue you’re having for the most part. If you still can’t fix it then get help from DJI. Simple.

The latest is the best, that's not true!
Apple has forced customers to buy a new phone that the new firmware has slowed down older devices. Have been sued for that. I have a DJI Osmo Pocket. After one update, flickering was appearing in the low-light video.
Because firmware is a complicated software, errors can be included.
I will only update if I make sure that the new firmware will definitely solve a problem and will definitely not make a new problem ...

2019-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules