1234Next >
19116 135 2019-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jensphoto.gmail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73875 ft
Sweden

I have the same problem. If I exit the application and start it again, I get the picture back...
2019-6-17
Use props
Schaef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47520 ft
Netherlands

The day before yesterday received my SC and yesterday did the update. Now I have the same problem with the gray screen. I downgraded the software in hope to be good.
I did't fly one second yet so starts well with a controller of 650 euro
2019-6-20
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

Mine lost video feed today, had to land by eye and restart the drone then image returned, restarting app alone did nothing.

Crap phone image but proves im not a phantom flyer, running latest FW for M2PZ and SC.

Not impressed as one of the main reason for buying it is stable video feed and secure control of my drone.

Found this thread by google, seems its a genuine issue and not just my gear.
20190621_164440.jpg
2019-6-21
Use props
amengual
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152060 ft
Spain

I just had the same issue again (grey video feed) on smart controller. Had been using it with no problems for three months or so and this is the first time it's happened. All firmware is up to date, reset both mavic and SC several times. If I shoot a video or photo it appears on SC playback fine so it's something to do with the video feed. I've tried changing transmission settings (bands, quality, etc.) and it makes no difference.
2019-6-21
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Well I had a nightmare with mine yesterday, it would not give a video feed from startup, I reloaded the firmware from my mac the day before, now the issue seems to be worse, no matter what order I start up the drone and SC I had no video, then all of a sudden several starups later, video.

Last night I so wanted to fly and get some night shots but I did not bother for fear of losing the drone, I know there are a number of ways of flying back with no video but I decided to wait until I can go back to my phone.

I will be calling Wex in the UK and see about a return, at this point I've decided the controller is not fit for purpose and I will press to get a refund.
2019-6-22
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI don't seem too keen to help resolve this issue.

I reloaded the firmware and the SC did the same, lost video feed and GPS RTH with zero control.

Its disappointing, I admit now mine has gone back the S8 and remote combo feels cheap. But, I need stable and reliable control over the M2P.

The least DJI could do is say we are looking into the issue, this is not a case of one random user, and with the SC and the few drones it works with diagnosing should be easy, but no, nothing, not even a returned email in my case, over a week and no reply.

That's why it will feel good to get my money back. Poor service from DJI.

Regards.
2019-6-24
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
United Kingdom

No reply DJI?

That's why I now have my money back 31 days after mine arrived.

(Lucky that I dont order direct from DJI!! Use a good dealer and check the aftersales RMA info)

Its rude to just ignore customers online and by email.

Yet again, Osmo, Ronin S, Smart Controller, DJI have failed to resolve issues with firmware bugs in new products, now the only products I have from DJI are the Ronin S and my Mavic Pro 2 Zoom. Very dissapointed.
2019-6-25
Use props
Kantoosion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 607149 ft
United States

DH_Pilot Posted at 5-12 09:55
Go to Settings - Apps - DJI GO 4 - Storage - Clear Data. Before doing that do not forget to sync all flights in DJI GO 4 to do not loose anything.

Relinking you could do from quick settings - swipe from top of screen and click option  Linking. After that click button on drone which is under cover opposite SD card cover.

I know this thread is a couple months old, but same as OP, I got just got my SC from Best Buy, opened it up and updated firmware. Then when linked to my Mavic, I had no video feed at all. This tip helped and got it working. Thanks!
2019-7-1
Use props
Fazmanicg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19974 ft
  • >>>
United States

just happened to me tonight for the first time.  Wanted to get fireworks. Any updates on this issue?
2019-7-4
Use props
fansa2eff63e
lvl.1
United States

Just got my Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller on 4 July 19 . Yesterday, I had the same thing happen that everyone else in this thread did. Grey screen, video and image capture no issues. It took 3 or 4 reboots of both drone and controller to clear.  It happened about 50% of the times I'd start it up from power off. Have reset everything, calibrated everything. still happening

App version:  4.3.216
Aircraft Version:  01.00.0400
Controller Version:  01.00.0530

This seems to have been going on for quite some time with no fix, or no official word from DJI as to if there's even a problem (not likely that this many people experiencing the exact same symptoms all being hardware issues with the controller).  Any ETA on a fix?  
2019-7-6
Use props
collum
lvl.1
United States

What is the relationship between these forums and DJI (specifically support). Are they monitored by support for issues, or is the only method of getting information looked at via an official support call?

Jim
2019-7-7
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

collum Posted at 7-7 09:35
What is the relationship between these forums and DJI (specifically support). Are they monitored by support for issues, or is the only method of getting information looked at via an official support call?

Jim

There are both OFFICIAL replies and what appear to be personal observations (complimenting a post or pic/video).  Sometimes they will research and get back to the forum or will forward questions to their engineering teams.

But there is also an official support site for repair, warranty and other questions.
2019-7-7
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI don't seem to care about the feed issues, I guess they have enough happy customers to keep the money flowing in, what I want people to see is no matter who you are or where you work the smart controller has problems that a good number of us share, that to me would cause concern given that if you go out on a job with this product you could have the same issue and DJI just will not respond hence why mine was sent back. It's highly unprofessional imo for a major company to ignore people in such regard. What's more governments look to remove drones from the consumer on the grounds of safety etc and loss of video etc surely puts the product in the spot light, line of sight is one thing but loss of video feed etc causes panic in new pilots and could lead to loss of control. Why is it DJI that you just can not engage in this communication? Is it that you KNOW the issue is real and just want to fix it by sneaking the fix into another firmware, or is it a hardware issue?
2019-7-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

MaxPDSK Posted at 5-14 04:05
I have the same issue from the very start. First thing I did after unpacking was firmware update for both SC and drone. When I start the controller and app automaticly launch, randomly I get no camera picture, same like the photos above. When I close the app, go to settings and click on my drone's icon (in device manager or how it's called), DJI Go app starts and I can see the camera picture. I did reset of controller setting, reconnected it with drone and it was ok. But maybe the problem will come back again, because I just tried to open the app 2 or 3 times and have not used it since than. ..I think this is a software problem.
I would also like to ask, if the SC automaticly reconnect after the signal lost? ..when I was testing the drone, I flew over the hill with trees and lost the signal (of course I did  ). The drone came back at the safe altitude, but the picture didn't came back, only the beeping sound was present.

But the issue would be when you fly beneath obstacles and lose feed completely.  Anytime I start to get hiccups I don't fly much further.
2019-7-7
Use props
collum
lvl.1
United States

logged a support call.. they've never heard of the problem.. solution is for me to send my unit in for repair....

:\
2019-7-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, sorry for the unpleasant experience with the Smart Controller after the firmware update and thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Upon checking the thread you posted here, most users reported the drone shows grey screen after switching on but it recovered after several reboots. Did you still have the same problem? If yes, we recommend to reset the camera settings and then reset the factory data in Setting to see if the issue persists.
Besides, may we verify from which firmware you updated to the latest one v01.00.0530?
2019-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Fazmanicg Posted at 7-4 17:39
just happened to me tonight for the first time.  Wanted to get fireworks. Any updates on this issue?

Hi Fazmanicg, please check my post in 56#. We would like to verify something, thank you.
2019-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

arthurbikemad Posted at 6-25 21:29
No reply DJI?

That's why I now have my money back 31 days after mine arrived.

Hi arthurbikemad, please make sure to reply to one of our admins' post if you need any assistance.
Sorry for the late response, please check my post in 56#. We would like to verify something, thank you.
2019-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

amengual Posted at 6-21 09:21
I just had the same issue again (grey video feed) on smart controller. Had been using it with no problems for three months or so and this is the first time it's happened. All firmware is up to date, reset both mavic and SC several times. If I shoot a video or photo it appears on SC playback fine so it's something to do with the video feed. I've tried changing transmission settings (bands, quality, etc.) and it makes no difference.

Hi amengual, sorry for the late response, does the image transmission come back after several reboots? please check my post in 56#. We would like to verify more details, thank you.
2019-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Schaef Posted at 6-20 22:11
The day before yesterday received my SC and yesterday did the update. Now I have the same problem with the gray screen. I downgraded the software in hope to be good.
I did't fly one second yet so starts well with a controller of 650 euro

Hi Schaef, sorry for the late response, does the issue persists after downgrading the firmware? Please check my post in 56# for more details, thank you.
2019-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jensphoto.gmail Posted at 6-17 12:18
I have the same problem. If I exit the application and start it again, I get the picture back...

Hi there, sorry for the late response, does the issue persists? If yes, please check my post in 56#, we would like to verify more details, thank you.
2019-7-11
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-11 19:09
Hi arthurbikemad, please make sure to reply to one of our admins' post if you need any assistance.
Sorry for the late response, please check my post in 56#. We would like to verify something, thank you.
Thank you.
2019-7-16
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 960732 ft
United Kingdom

Now thats weird. I've been using mine regularly and its been fine until this morning. I turned it, it connected to my M2P just fine, but just as shown in the photos, my screen was simply showing grey. I could see the GO4 interface but nothing through the camera. I switched to Litchi and it was fine. I later juped back into Go4 and it worked fine too. I hope this isnt something that is going to get worse. All I can say it TG for Litchi in that moment.
2019-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

No problem, please keep me updated if the issue persists, thank you.
2019-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sunstone Posted at 7-17 02:49
Now thats weird. I've been using mine regularly and its been fine until this morning. I turned it, it connected to my M2P just fine, but just as shown in the photos, my screen was simply showing grey. I could see the GO4 interface but nothing through the camera. I switched to Litchi and it was fine. I later juped back into Go4 and it worked fine too. I hope this isnt something that is going to get worse. All I can say it TG for Litchi in that moment.

Hi Sunstone, please keep testing and let us know if the issue happens again, thank you.
2019-7-18
Use props
RandyHat
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-18 05:34
Hi Sunstone, please keep testing and let us know if the issue happens again, thank you.

Same exact problem here.  I set up a new Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller yesterday.  After completing all the firmware updates and upon opening the Go4 app the video feed was missing (grey screen).  Maps would display and the camera could take photos/video but no video feed on the controller.  I reset controller and it came back up ok.  Same thing happened this morning. When app came up there was no video.  I reset controller and it was working ok.  Same thing happened again about 10 min. ago.  Turning off the controller and turning it back on seem to fix the problem.
2019-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RandyHat Posted at 7-18 08:47
Same exact problem here.  I set up a new Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller yesterday.  After completing all the firmware updates and upon opening the Go4 app the video feed was missing (grey screen).  Maps would display and the camera could take photos/video but no video feed on the controller.  I reset controller and it came back up ok.  Same thing happened this morning. When app came up there was no video.  I reset controller and it was working ok.  Same thing happened again about 10 min. ago.  Turning off the controller and turning it back on seem to fix the problem.

Sorry for the late response and the inconvenience caused, may we verify from which firmware you updated to the latest one v01.00.0530? What is your previous firmware version?
2019-7-27
Use props
RandyHat
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-27 00:31
Sorry for the late response and the inconvenience caused, may we verify from which firmware you updated to the latest one v01.00.0530? What is your previous firmware version?

I updated the firmware when I first set it up last week.  I don't know the previous version.  In any case, I never used it.  I now have the current version.
2019-7-27
Use props
fans344dba1d
New

United States

Had same thing happen after the firmware update. I restarted the Mavic 2 drone - lifted the cover opposite the side of the SD card slot, and pressed the button till it turned red. Pressed a second time til it turned green. Started the drone. Restarted the smart remote. It fixed the grey screen- live image was fixed. Hope this helps.
2019-7-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RandyHat Posted at 7-27 04:47
I updated the firmware when I first set it up last week.  I don't know the previous version.  In any case, I never used it.  I now have the current version.

Thanks for getting back, please keep us updated if the issue happens again and the frequency.
2019-7-30
Use props
Samcote2000
New
United States

I've been having this exact same issue since the most recent update.  Worked fine before latest firmware.  Now upon starting up Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller I have gray screen 75% of the time I power up. Usually have to power on / power off aircraft and remote controller multiple times before i finally get a working signal causing me to miss time sensitive video/photo captures and deplete battery life while trying to fix the issue. Unacceptable for the cost this company charges for its products.
2019-8-7
Use props
AHMediaDesign
lvl.1

United States

Same here... last time even a video signal loss,gray image.. than frozen, canceled RTH was right above me, 390ft AGL, antenna straight out.
Had to reboot to bring it back.
Please fix asap!!! Not reliable like this at all.  
2019-8-7
Use props
LexonTuxi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 176024 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Samcote2000 Posted at 8-7 08:27
I've been having this exact same issue since the most recent update.  Worked fine before latest firmware.  Now upon starting up Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller I have gray screen 75% of the time I power up. Usually have to power on / power off aircraft and remote controller multiple times before i finally get a working signal causing me to miss time sensitive video/photo captures and deplete battery life while trying to fix the issue. Unacceptable for the cost this company charges for its products.

i've now sent my SC in to DJI for repair - finally got the notification that mainboard will be changed and now i am waiting getting back my controller unit and i hope this will fix the issue...

/Alex
2019-8-14
Use props
fans9b28d06a
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

count me as another person with the issue.  same as everyone else, it only happens occasionally.  for me, about 1 out of every 20 - 40 startups.  if i get the grey screen of death, i keep cycling and it always seem to clear before a dozen cycles.  since i always do a pre-flight checklist at home, i can always detect the issue prior to my flight and fix it before i go flying; when i arrive, the issue never comes back.  not only will i keep my sc because i don't find the issue annoying enough but also i will not send it for repair.  this is a software issue until dji declares it is a hardware issue and replace sc, not the board or parts which risk the issue coming back.  these devices are expensive sooner they later they must fix or resolve.  beside i could use a new controller later this winter once they acknowledge.  until i get an issue in the field while flying, i'm fine but it's annoying.  
2019-8-19
Use props
Raydir
lvl.1
Belgium

Same issue here; just opened the box of my new SC and updated FW of both the M2P & SC. Have the issue since then for +/- 50% of the time.
Not sure whether it has to do with the FW of the SC, as I retried with the olde controller+phone and seemed to have the same issue?
2019-8-20
Use props
Adam9997
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2608901 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had this happen to me twice, once on the ground and the other while in the air. Force closing go app fixed the issue both times.
2019-8-20
Use props
cameraman52
lvl.2

Netherlands

TVOD Posted at 6-2 01:01
HI , reseting the dji go app data and relink controller with aircraft has worked for me up tp now over multiple flights, still finding little bugs like settings changing on their own. i fly in mode 3 as i am left handed, i was out yesterday, when i tried to take off, the drone would not go, thats when i found out the mode had changed back to mode 2, its  just worrying what else may have got changed, i did check btw

Roy

Hi Roy, how do you reset the app data?
2019-8-24
Use props
cameraman52
lvl.2

Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-18 05:33
No problem, please keep me updated if the issue persists, thank you.

It still persist an rebooting drone and SRC is no solution for me
2019-8-24
Use props
cameraman52
lvl.2

Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-11 19:12
Hi Schaef, sorry for the late response, does the issue persists after downgrading the firmware? Please check my post in 56# for more details, thank you.

How to downgrade Firmware?
2019-8-24
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-11 19:13
Hi there, sorry for the late response, does the issue persists? If yes, please check my post in 56#, we would like to verify more details, thank you.

Mindy, some additional information for you. I have two SCs and they both exhibit the same issue.

Occasionally and I have yet to discover what causes it, the video is lost on the display.

Everything else works, just no feed. This issue can appear in Go4 or in Pilot and on either of my controllers running either App.

The controllers are running latest firmware and latest released apps for the SC

As it appears in both Go4 and Pilot this points towards a firmware issue in the controller rather than the Apps.

Both my controllers are stock and have no other software installed no SD cards installed.
2019-8-26
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules