New DJI Smart Controller No Video Feed
1234Next >
19108 135 2019-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_G1Qenzos0Z2W
lvl.1
Sweden

Same problem here! Is there any solution yet?
2019-8-30
Use props
djiuser_G1Qenzos0Z2W
lvl.1
Sweden

2019-8-30
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_G1Qenzos0Z2W Posted at 8-30 10:46

Yes, just do a force stop of the DJI Go 4 app and then start it again.
2019-9-18
Use props
fans6765b5ea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 805751 ft

DH_Pilot Posted at 5-12 09:55
Go to Settings - Apps - DJI GO 4 - Storage - Clear Data. Before doing that do not forget to sync all flights in DJI GO 4 to do not loose anything.

Relinking you could do from quick settings - swipe from top of screen and click option  Linking. After that click button on drone which is under cover opposite SD card cover.

This worked well and fixed the no image problem, thank you! (happened upgrading the smart controller to 4.3.24)
2019-9-29
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft

cameraman52 Posted at 8-24 13:19
Hi Roy, how do you reset the app data?

sorry for the delay I don't seem to get notifications from this Forum, away if you have not already  found out how to do it here it is,.
Go to Settings - Apps - DJI GO 4 - Storage - Clear Data. Before doing that do not forget to sync all flights in DJI GO 4 to do not loose anything.
2019-9-30
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 960732 ft

raven swe Posted at 5-13 11:28
mines been losing video feed at times upon startup since the latest sc update, turning the sc off then back on and its back, done a reset and relinked the drone made no difference, still does it randomly but never in flight or in and out of menus, only on first startup.

Thats exactly what mine is doing too.

A restart seems to fix the issue, and yes it appears to be from last major update as it wasnt doing it prior to the update.
2019-9-30
Use props
fans5bbbe411
lvl.1

I will bump this to the top. My Mavic 2 Pro w/Smart Controller is doing the same thing. Works great sometimes, however sometimes it's a black screen. This especially happens when getting the unlock (I fly in LAANC airspace often). It's quite annoying to have to reboot everything. This is obviously a software issue.
2019-10-6
Use props
djiuser_E2kGg0WV6uIL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10394 ft

Gray screen. Did a photo shoot at a trucking company with a photographer yesterday. I used 3 batteries that I charged through out the day. The gray screen appeared at startup 6 or 7 times. The last shot of the day was the staff  assembled in front of a line of trucks. Gray screen. Cost me the money shot. I can’t risk using the controller again on a job. That it if the photographer offers me another job.
I have not been able to establish a pattern, drone first, controller first, doesn’t seem to matter. Three power cycles did not resolve the issue at the last shot of the day. I’ve never had it happen during a flight always at start up. Same 64G SD card all day shooting 1080P. Today I will try to replicate by shooting a similar amount of video and jpgs. Once during a gray screen I shot a video and some jpgs. In the blind so to speak. The camera is working.      
2019-10-11
Use props
Grumpyoldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1872904 ft

djiuser_E2kGg0WV6uIL Posted at 10-11 04:05
Gray screen. Did a photo shoot at a trucking company with a photographer yesterday. I used 3 batteries that I charged through out the day. The gray screen appeared at startup 6 or 7 times. The last shot of the day was the staff  assembled in front of a line of trucks. Gray screen. Cost me the money shot. I can’t risk using the controller again on a job. That it if the photographer offers me another job.
I have not been able to establish a pattern, drone first, controller first, doesn’t seem to matter. Three power cycles did not resolve the issue at the last shot of the day. I’ve never had it happen during a flight always at start up. Same 64G SD card all day shooting 1080P. Today I will try to replicate by shooting a similar amount of video and jpgs. Once during a gray screen I shot a video and some jpgs. In the blind so to speak. The camera is working.

I had same problem. Go into camera settings and reset the camera and it works fine mow.
2019-10-11
Use props
fansee9ffed2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1897129 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guys just got my mavic 2 with SC and never mind grey screen mine loses RC after it warms up tried everything bad unit I guess! Sending it back to amazon hope the next one is ok. So to recap after my smart sontroller runs for about a half hour it starts to crap out slowly by the time it hits it peak it cuts out even thirty seconds after reboot so it’s hardware for sure
2019-10-25
Use props
Humski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75407 ft
United States

My Mavic 2 pro, and smart controller started this issues with the latest firmware update. The only way I can get the grey screen to go away, and have the video work, is to remove the SD card from the drone. Then, everything works fine. Flew a couple of times, and thought it was an anomaly.. I then put the sd card back into the drone, and boom, instant grey screen. Then power everything off, take the card out power everything back on, and it works. Seems, atleast for me is that after the latest update I can't use an SD card in the drone..
2019-10-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i know this isn't possible for everyone but always have a backup standard controller and/phone with you since the smc is not 100% reliable.
2019-10-26
Use props
fansee9ffed2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1897129 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 10-26 16:23
i know this isn't possible for everyone but always have a backup standard controller and/phone with you since the smc is not 100% reliable.

I timed it today it takes about a half hour before the smart controller starts acting up. Till then it works fine. First thing is the intermittent grey screen then five minutes later it disconnects all together. The only thing I can do is shut it off and turn it back on, however it only lasts about three or four minutes then it disconnects again. Thenif you reboot it gets to the point where it won’t link at all till it cools off. Like I said this is hardware I’m sure of it. Anyone at DJI care to comment. Probably not.
2019-10-27
Use props
Nboost
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-11 19:13
Hi there, sorry for the late response, does the issue persists? If yes, please check my post in 56#, we would like to verify more details, thank you.

I just got mine yesterday & flew it for the first time & had the same issue. Grey screen. I have the latest firmware. Please help before this causes a crash.
2019-12-19
Use props
Josh Wobbles
New

Switzerland

Just had this issue on my first connection with a brand new Smart Controller... It's pretty upsetting to see DJI ignoring this and offering nothing more than "clear cache and restart" instead of actually addressing the bug causing this... Starting to think this was a bad investment.
2020-3-18
Use props
noahaon
lvl.1

United States

I have had this problem since buying this drone about 2 weeks ago.
I figured out how to solve the problem.

Swipe down to find "recent" apps, click that, and then force quit the DJI GO 4 app by swiping up. Click back into the camera view and it should work. This has worked for me every time I have encountered the problem. Seems to be a memory issue.

Hope that works for anyone who encounters this problem!
2020-4-13
Use props
MauroT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16041247 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Mine here same problems (it’s not acceptable) dji want a fix. Now i understand why new mavic air 2 will use dji fly. Poor QC. I’m going to return sc. It’s not safe for fly
2020-4-18
Use props
MauroT
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Is there any "official" solution yet?
2020-4-20
Use props
Riplex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 226125 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I bought the SC last week. After the newest update i have the same problem. No videofeed after connecting to the smartcontroller to my mavic zoom.
Only forced closing the DJI GO App helps but that not the solution ! I payed over 600 € for this !
2020-4-20
Use props
MauroT
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Riplex Posted at 4-20 02:26
I bought the SC last week. After the newest update i have the same problem. No videofeed after connecting to the smartcontroller to my mavic zoom.
Only forced closing the DJI GO App helps but that not the solution ! I payed over 600 € for this !

no solution yet, mine has some problem with mavic2zoom too. I think the new smartcontroller enterprise is built better (and also compatible with Mavic 2, etc)
2020-5-9
Use props
fansb3675e68
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1256864 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-7-11 19:05
Hi all, sorry for the unpleasant experience with the Smart Controller after the firmware update and thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Upon checking the thread you posted here, most users reported the drone shows grey screen after switching on but it recovered after several reboots. Did you still have the same problem? If yes, we recommend to reset the camera settings and then reset the factory data in Setting to see if the issue persists.
Besides, may we verify from which firmware you updated to the latest one v01.00.0530?

I have the exact same problem   I have had the SC and M2P for about a year.  The problem happens on startup, before flight.   No video feed, but everything else seems to be working.   I keep the firmware on both the controller and M2P updated.   The problem seems to be getting worse.  At first it would happen occasionally and I would restart the bird and controller and it would be fixed.  Lately, it has taken several restarts to get the video feed working again.   
2020-5-16
Use props
fansd114973d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47434 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-7-11 19:05
Hi all, sorry for the unpleasant experience with the Smart Controller after the firmware update and thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Upon checking the thread you posted here, most users reported the drone shows grey screen after switching on but it recovered after several reboots. Did you still have the same problem? If yes, we recommend to reset the camera settings and then reset the factory data in Setting to see if the issue persists.
Besides, may we verify from which firmware you updated to the latest one v01.00.0530?
Welp it isn’t fixed! 5/21/2020 and I just got the dreaded  grey screen for video while flying. Alt distance and other controls seems to work just no video. Thankfully on my way down to land when it happened. Started screenshot just after it started so have video of controller screen during this. So what’s the fix DJI? I didn’t spend money on all this to toss in the air n take a chance!!!
2020-5-21
Use props
djiuser_RUIkoJkwrYln
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same issues with the grey video when starting up the SC and Mavic 2 Pro after I upgraded to the latest firmware. I tried resetting the camera settings and factory defaulting the SC. It still has the grey video a lot of the time, but it will randomly work. I have found that it seems when I swipe down and turn the wifi off on the SC it doesn’t seem to happen nearly as often,  but when I turn the wifi back on it starts being more consistent with the grey video at startup again.
2020-5-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansd114973d Posted at 5-21 10:53
Welp it isn’t fixed! 5/21/2020 and I just got the dreaded  grey screen for video while flying. Alt distance and other controls seems to work just no video. Thankfully on my way down to land when it happened. Started screenshot just after it started so have video of controller screen during this. So what’s the fix DJI? I didn’t spend money on all this to toss in the air n take a chance!!!

Hi there, we apologize to know you have the same problem, could you please export the APP log and the flight controller log of the aircraft for further analysis?APP Log:
1. Power on your Smart Remote Controller;
2. Connect the remote controller to your computer with a USB Type-C cable via this port from the remote controller;
3. After the remote controller is detected by your computer, you could see the following prompt on your remote controller screen, please select “Transfer files”.
4. Find “Device with Removable Storage” on your PC, tap “RM500”.
5. Please go to the internal storage of your remote controller’s path “Computer\rm500\Internal shared storage\DJI\dji.go.v4

Flight Controller log of the drone:
1. Place connect the aircraft to the PC with a Type-C USB cable. Launch the DJI Assistant 2;
2. Please click “Log Export” on the left-hand bar, then select the data that matches the date when the grey screen happens. Then click “Save to Local”;
3. The progress bar displays that saving to local has been successful;
4. Upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here.
2020-5-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_RUIkoJkwrYln Posted at 5-21 21:48
I am having the same issues with the grey video when starting up the SC and Mavic 2 Pro after I upgraded to the latest firmware. I tried resetting the camera settings and factory defaulting the SC. It still has the grey video a lot of the time, but it will randomly work. I have found that it seems when I swipe down and turn the wifi off on the SC it doesn’t seem to happen nearly as often,  but when I turn the wifi back on it starts being more consistent with the grey video at startup again.

Hi there, we apologize to know you have the same problem, could you please export the APP log and the flight controller log of the aircraft for further analysis?
APP Log:
2. Connect the remote controller to your computer with a USB Type-C cable via this port from the remote controller;
3. After the remote controller is detected by your computer, you could see the following prompt on your remote controller screen, please select “Transfer files”.
5. Please go to the internal storage of your remote controller’s path “Computer\rm500\Internal shared storage\DJI\dji.go.v4

1. Place connect the aircraft to the PC with a Type-C USB cable. Launch the DJI Assistant 2;
2. Please click “Log Export” on the left-hand bar, then select the data that matches the date when the grey screen happens. Then click “Save to Local”;
2020-5-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansb3675e68 Posted at 5-16 17:02
I have the exact same problem   I have had the SC and M2P for about a year.  The problem happens on startup, before flight.   No video feed, but everything else seems to be working.   I keep the firmware on both the controller and M2P updated.   The problem seems to be getting worse.  At first it would happen occasionally and I would restart the bird and controller and it would be fixed.  Lately, it has taken several restarts to get the video feed working again.

Hi there, we apologize to know you have the same problem, could you please export the APP log and the flight controller log of the aircraft for further analysis?
APP Log:

2020-5-27
Use props
cmacclel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20669 ft
United States

I have the same issue. I bought a Mavic 2 Zoom with the Smart Controller and just paired the controller with my Mavic 2 Pro and had no video feed. After closing the DJI app and re opening my camera feed worked. I guess another update is needed ASAP. Weird thing was when I paired the Smart Controller with the Mavic 2 Pro it said the drone needed an update and no I also get the "memory card slow" error when it was perfectly fine before the update..............WHY DJI!
2020-5-29
Use props
cmacclel
lvl.3
United States

I have the same issue. I bought a Mavic 2 Zoom with the Smart Controller and just paired the controller with my Mavic 2 Pro and had no video feed. After closing the DJI app and re opening my camera feed worked. I guess another update is needed ASAP. Weird thing was when I paired the Smart Controller with the Mavic 2 Pro it said the drone needed an update and no I also get the "memory card slow" error when it was perfectly fine before the update..............WHY DJI!
2020-5-29
Use props
cmacclel
lvl.3
United States

Strange thing is I just fired up the zoom 5 times in a row and always had a video feed with the smart controller but with the Pro it seems to happen almost every time.
2020-5-29
Use props
RDK83
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90571 ft
United Kingdom

Hello DJI! I have sent several messages with the same error complaint and no one has got back to me! I am disgusted with dji service! I bought my Mavic 2 zoom less than 2 months ago and all it does it say weak signal, error, no transmission, adjust antenna!,, why have I not had a response or should I just send it back under warranty?
2020-5-30
Use props
MauroT
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

RDK83 Posted at 5-30 06:15
Hello DJI! I have sent several messages with the same error complaint and no one has got back to me! I am disgusted with dji service! I bought my Mavic 2 zoom less than 2 months ago and all it does it say weak signal, error, no transmission, adjust antenna!,, why have I not had a response or should I just send it back under warranty?

I guess they don't read the forum.... the problem is now widespread to many people (it also happens when the memory card is full). It is clearly a software/firmware problem.

I hope they are working on it.....

sooner or later they will have to, as promised, make the smart controller compatible for Mavic air 2....I don't think they carry such a problem.
2020-5-31
Use props
RDK83
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90571 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-27 01:16
APP Log:
1. Power on your Smart Remote Controller;

Does anyone at DJI actually read and respond to the messages here?!
2020-6-1
Use props
GOMAVIC
lvl.1
Serbia

Hi, I have the same problem last few months. Sometimes 5 times in row, so I must reset both mavic and sc. Also when I do live with hdmi and secondary monitor and with no problem on sc, there is black bar at the botton on that secondary monitor which ruins me the job. Please if you solved the problem help me . Also I have all firmware up to date, for cr, mavic2, baterys... thanks
2020-6-9
Use props
ChiukiAmsterdam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7163576 ft

Netherlands

I just had this issue (June 28 2020) with my new SC and M2P - restarted everything several times. nothing. Took the SD card out of the smart controller, nothing. Everything updated to the lastest version. Shut down the M2P and took out the SD card and started it up without the card, works normally. Shut M2P down, reinserted the SC card and restarted, now working normally.
Strange thing - even though I had no video feed from the M2P, I could take a picture and play it back on the SC. Also could control the gimbal movements, so nothing was not working except the video feed from the M2P to the SC.... and of course it's Sunday, so no tech support, because who needs support on the weekend .... ?

Like I said, everything is up-to-date.
Are other people experiencing this issue still?
Has this been addressed by DJI yet? Why has this not been resolved in an update yet? It could be a huge problem, and dangerous!
2020-6-28
Use props
Tlap
lvl.2

United States

ChiukiAmsterdam Posted at 6-28 07:49
I just had this issue (June 28 2020) with my new SC and M2P - restarted everything several times. nothing. Took the SD card out of the smart controller, nothing. Everything updated to the lastest version. Shut down the M2P and took out the SD card and started it up without the card, works normally. Shut M2P down, reinserted the SC card and restarted, now working normally.
Strange thing - even though I had no video feed from the M2P, I could take a picture and play it back on the SC. Also could control the gimbal movements, so nothing was not working except the video feed from the M2P to the SC.... and of course it's Sunday, so no tech support, because who needs support on the weekend .... ?

Yes, I have it too. I undated my SC and Mavic Pro 2 firmware to the latest and had the problem. Since it was under a 10 day warranty with the vendor I purchased it with, I simply returned for a replacement. Got that today and choose not to update SC and Mavic Pro 2 firmware. I did get a grey screen when turning on once, so I have a feeling it's not fixed.

By the way, I've seen this issue brought up by many in other discussion forums. The latest being the Mavic Pilots forum. Everyone is having this issue. As has been said, given the cost of the smart controller, you'd think DJI would  jump on this.
2020-7-15
Use props
Air805
lvl.1
United States

TVOD Posted at 2019-5-11 09:10
Hi I have got the same issue, started after the last firmware update. every time it as done it i have been in the settings menu,  when i come out of the menu it sometimes does it, i have other issues, the go4 app crashes, i get a message from the SC " the Go4 App has stopped working" i think it is something to do with the SD card, im testing the SC at the minute without the sd card to see if it still crashes. I was using a recommended SD card when the App crashed. I don't think you SC is faulty because mine was ok until the last update but for the date issue

I'm experiencing a similar problem w/ Mavic 2 pro and the smart controller, all updated.
When I'm flying, the controller goes back to the home "fly" page.
I have to repeatedly hit 'fly' to see video.
I checked at home and video is recording but the shots were ruined b/c i could not tell wth was going on.
I had an sd card in the drone but not in the controller this time.
I want to know if I need to return this.
2020-7-17
Use props
1stcor29
New

United States

DH_Pilot Posted at 2019-5-12 09:55

Relinking you could do from quick settings - swipe from top of screen and click option  Linking. After that click button on drone which is under cover opposite SD card cover.

Thank you DH_Pilot - I was having this issue right after I updated everything on smart controller and drone. I did the clear data and restarted; seemed to work. I just hope the issue doesn't come back.
2020-7-19
Use props
djiuser_P8ZqyMiRsVIl
New

Portugal

Hello,

I updated firmware 01.00.0670 today in my smart controller and DJI Mavic 2 Pro and stop recording video.
What appears in smart controller is that is recording but when I stop recording the video is not there in SD card.
Can you tell me what is the problem?

Best regards.
2020-7-19
Use props
djiuser_qEvknGDvZtaQ
New

United States

No resolution on this yet? Having the same problem with new SC and M2P. I think it is definitely a connection issue, probably software in the app.
2020-7-24
Use props
djiuser_z2H7N8NsoKKL
New

United States

Just had this issue.

After reading this thread it is disappointing that it has been going on so long, with so many and no resolution. I had been fine taking photos.. then went to take my last set.. starting the drone up with the smart controller.. and nothing but a gray screen...

Hoping to get this resolved.. kinda makes the controller and drone useless until I can get it going again.
2020-7-27
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules