Error with new GPS module
2720 11 2019-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Numero 5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385702 ft
Italy

I had to change the gps module on my mavic pro (1st model with sdcard onboard), I've bought a DJI genuine GPS module and mounted it, but when I try to fly I get this error "Navigation system error. Check redundancy state".
Tried to recalibrate compass and IMU, and reflashed firmware again but it doesn't solved the problem...
Is there a way to know if the gps module that I've bought is defective or am I missing something?

Possible that I have to remove the onboard sdcard?

Thank you very much in advance
2019-5-9
Use props
integer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

have you tried to reinstall the dji go app?
2019-5-9
Use props
Numero 5
lvl.4
Italy

integer Posted at 5-9 22:13
have you tried to reinstall the dji go app?

No I haven't tried, but also connecting only with RC without the phone I get sys warning, so I don’t think is app related, but I'll try also to reinstall Dji Go thank you for the advice
2019-5-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Numero 5, we're sorry to read the issue. It is not recommended to repair the unit at your end as this may void the warranty. If you need further assistance, I sincerely suggest you start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support Hope for your understanding.
2019-5-9
Use props
Numero 5
lvl.4
Italy

Hello DJI Susan,
Thank you for your reply, my drone is no more undrr warranty and the operation of replacing gps module is not so difficult (it's just a plug to detach).
My question is only to know if there is a way to know if the module (genuine DJI and NOT an aftermarket one) that I bought is defective or is working correctly.
I'd like to know if somebody in this forum has changed the module and encountered this issue...

Thanks
2019-5-10
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I would be interested too. Have no more the Spark but got the same error message after the exchange of the GPS module. Ultimately, it was just the disconnected plug and the old module works fine again. But it still does not work with the new one. Why? Back to delivery condition – is this possible?
2019-5-10
Use props
Numero 5
lvl.4
Italy

Hi DaMa, exactly my problem. In my case there was a disconnected wire and after resoldering it now it works as before, but new one (I repeat original and shipped sealed and in perfect conditions) is not working no matter what I try
2019-5-10
Use props
Numero 5
lvl.4
Italy

Is there a way to verify if the GPS module alone is working or is damaged?

In "advanced sensor settings" compass1 is connected and working correctly, but I can't fly because of "check redundancy status error" as if only GPS is not working
2019-5-10
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wonder if a refresh of the aircrafts firmware would help, there may be files on the GPS module that need updated ?
2019-5-10
Use props
Numero 5
lvl.4
Italy

I've tried also to refresh firmware with new module installed but it didn't fix the problem
2019-5-10
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

That could surely be answered from DJI, but I think they don't want that. Is there a factory reset on MP? Maybe a new binding is necessary?
2019-5-10
Use props
Numero 5
lvl.4
Italy

Thank you, tried also to rebind but no luck
2019-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules