Audio Noise Reduction option question
1454 7 2019-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Septian0809
lvl.3
Flight distance : 148251 ft
Indonesia

Question guys if I turn on the Audio noise reduction on Pro mode, will it tampered the sound of my voice? like it will be get distorted somehow when there was a wind hitting the mic
2019-5-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Yes, it's bound to have some effect.  Frankly, I'd suggest waiting for a reasonably windy day, then go out and experiment with the different settings and see what you yourself think of the result.
2019-5-10
Use props
Septian0809
lvl.3
Indonesia

fansfe82067d Posted at 5-10 03:55
Yes, it's bound to have some effect.  Frankly, I'd suggest waiting for a reasonably windy day, then go out and experiment with the different settings and see what you yourself think of the result.

Yes I’ll try. Thanks for the info
2019-5-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Septian0809. Thanks for reaching out and for the inquiry. The Noise Reduction is for the audio of the DJI Osmo Pocket. The function has Auto wind noise detection and Noise Reduction. Please refer to the details below.

*When capturing in a windless area, it is the same whether the noise reduction is turned on or off.
*With auto wind noise available, the microphone’s friction can be eliminated when holding the DJI Osmo Pocket, as a high-frequency noise is generated when rubbing the bottom microphone. The two microphones can also be used for eliminating the noise.
*If one microphone is blocked, the noise reduction will fail to work, and the other microphone will be used for better audio quality.
*At present, wind noise suppression is relatively strong, and this value was decided upon by the subjective opinions of the previous testers. It will be very quiet when the wind is strong, but if the background sound is very complicated, the discontinuous wind disturbance will cause volume fluctuations. So whether to optimize the audio strategy needs to be discussed.

I hope these information can help you. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-5-10
Use props
Septian0809
lvl.3
Indonesia

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-10 10:14
Hello and good day Septian0809. Thanks for reaching out and for the inquiry. The Noise Reduction is for the audio of the DJI Osmo Pocket. The function has Auto wind noise detection and Noise Reduction. Please refer to the details below.

*When capturing in a windless area, it is the same whether the noise reduction is turned on or off.

Found my solution already I guessthanks anyway
72EE4DF5-9420-4E20-831C-C3C23FE47B0C.jpeg
2019-5-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Septian0809 Posted at 5-10 14:53
Found my solution already I guessthanks anyway

You are very much welcome Septian0809. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.
2019-5-10
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Remember there's a mic on the bottom too...
2019-5-10
Use props
Septian0809
lvl.3
Indonesia

fansfe82067d Posted at 5-10 20:20
Remember there's a mic on the bottom too...

Yes that’s the problem I can’t cover
2019-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules