NEw Mavic 2 Pro - Should i check for Firmware updates first?
662 2 2019-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Corkyboy14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294114 ft
Saint Helena

Hi All,

After loosing my previous Mavic Pro to mother nature and compass error.  I am getting th New Mavic 2 Pro hopefully over the weekend. I'ts second hand but practially new, only flow like 4 times, and the guy is very carefull and scared to fly it so i know its not been thorwn about or anything.  And i have seen it myself so its in very good nick.

My question is should i check for firmware updates and apply them or not?

Thanks in advance, i know they are there for a reason but sometimes not all updates in anything is for the best.
2019-5-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14044577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm on the latest everything - not a single glitch the last I flew it a few days ago - the latest FW also includes adding waypoints 2.0 to the flight modes. Make sure your phone is also on the current fw and you have the latest GO4 app version installed. Be sure to check the Geo before setting off too
2019-5-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day Corkyboy14. Thank you for reaching out. We highly recommend you to check if there is a new firmware update for us to maximize the new features also for us to make sure that we are currently using the latest software to avoid any errors and problems to the unit. In addition, we also advise recalibrating all the components of the Aircraft like the compass, IMU and the gimbal for us to make sure that all of them are working fine. Should you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to reach us and we are more than happy to help you. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules