roll lock feature request
571 4 2019-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
j.dewey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 120499 ft
United States

please consider a roll lock feature on future firmware update.  I'm trying to use the pocket to create timelapse of clouds while on airplanes - using the waypoints is great and the pocket is perfect because you can get the lens very close to the window surface, allowing for more dynamic pans/tilts in a very limited window.  However, turbulence and takeoff/landing G-forces "trick" the gimbal roll to compensate; see attached screenshots of an example when the horizon is level during flight and then when the plane is decelerating on landing, it forces the roll to a severe angle because it THINKS it's staying level.  A simple roll lock would fix this.  Complete control over locking the 3 axes in any combination would be a big help for this (for example tilt ON, pan and roll LOCKED - or pan and tilt ON, roll LOCKED).  Thanks!
*sorry screenshots in the reply, not sure why they didnt post in this one.  apologies for the bad compression and frame rate on the screen recording to GIF conversion of the video.

2019-5-10
Use props
j.dewey
lvl.1
United States

2019-5-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day j.dewey. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have provided us today. Let me please forward these information/thread to the designated department. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-5-10
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

I didn't think about it before but what if using FPV mode?
Wouldn't that prevent G-role?
2019-5-10
Use props
j.dewey
lvl.1
United States

nope FPV won't work it goes everywhere - and wouldn't work for TL with waypoints
2019-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules