Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JPilotR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey all,

I just wanted to post a positive experience with DJI Support. Today I was on a job that required I unlock an airspace geofence through my FAA Waiver. I jumped through all the hoops and (I thought) set my drones up to unlock the fence. Well, low and behold, I was greeted on my P4P controller with a "cannot take off" signal. I tried everything I could to get the darn thing to recognize my waiver and the fact that I went through the unlocking procedure.

Unfortunately, my P4P just sat there.... staring at me... as I sat dumbfounded in front of my client. I reached out by email to DJI FlySafe, and within 5 minutes got a response back with a list of items to try. I don't know what actually ended up working on that list, but lo-and-behold, the drone lifted off on its Drone Deploy flight plan. Needless to say, I had sweat about 5 pounds of water up to that point.

But the good news is that DJI did come through for me, and quickly. Thanks to DJI Support! Hopefully I don't run into this unlocking debacle again with my other drones (have another job tomorrow in the same area), but it is nice to know that I can reach out to DJI and get a nearly immediate response.

Thanks again!

2019-5-10
Use props
djiuser_CdOMJMpE0i6E
lvl.1

United States

I love your story but i have had the exact opposite story.   I feel that 1 month is ample time to fix , replace and ship a new drone.  NOPE.  not possible.   "can i pay for expided shipping?"   NO!!!!    they were happy to tell me that.   So i'm stuck , with a job i'm trying to complete...with no dorne because they said 4 days is the fastest.  i'd pay 200 bucks to have the stupid drone overnighted...  Texas to Minnesota.    I could literally drive ther anc back within the "maximum" speed they can ship.   its bull... and i strongly advise people to not buy DJI care.   Or at ldast realise that if you crash it its going to be 200 bucks and 56 weeks.    Good luck with that.  Cheers!
2019-5-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey JPilotR, thanks for sharing your positive experience with us. It's nice to know everything works well now. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us. Wish you have a good time!
2019-5-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_CdOMJMpE0i6E Posted at 5-10 22:44
I love your story but i have had the exact opposite story.   I feel that 1 month is ample time to fix , replace and ship a new drone.  NOPE.  not possible.   "can i pay for expided shipping?"   NO!!!!    they were happy to tell me that.   So i'm stuck , with a job i'm trying to complete...with no dorne because they said 4 days is the fastest.  i'd pay 200 bucks to have the stupid drone overnighted...  Texas to Minnesota.    I could literally drive ther anc back within the "maximum" speed they can ship.   its bull... and i strongly advise people to not buy DJI care.   Or at ldast realise that if you crash it its going to be 200 bucks and 56 weeks.    Good luck with that.  Cheers!

Hi there, we've read your post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-188852-1-1.html Please keep us updated there for better follow-up, thank you so much!
2019-5-10
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Nice to read a positive report .  
2019-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules