My attention to detail has disqualified me from DJI Refresh?
568 6 2019-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

I just upgraded my Phantom 3 Pro for a Mavic 2 Pro about a week ago. As a matter of good practice, the first thing I did was activate it and update the firmware, which I did almost immediately after receiving the item. I have yet to fly, as I didn’t have time during this past work week.

I figured before I took it out to fly today (Saturday), I’d purchase the DJI Refresh, as insurance. Imagine my surprise when I found out my attention to detail in activating and updating my firmware earlier this week, but longer than 48 hours ago, has disqualified me from purchasing Refresh.

What kind of nonsense is this? My M2P hasn't even been outside yet.

Anybody have a solution? I have $139 burning a hole in my pocket to give to DJI, and they apparently don't want it.

2019-5-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look at the bottom of the first page in link below, it apparently explains how to purchase care refresh if activation more than 48 hours ago:-

https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... ic-2?site=brandsite
2019-5-11
Use props
GeorgeGreek
First Officer
Flight distance : 636050 ft
  • >>>
Greece

You must make a VIDEO VERIFICATION
https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload
2019-5-11
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4
United States

Thanks, guys. Well, that's more than a little ponderous.

Gonna be a challenge to make a video like that solo, and while flying the aircraft. Doesn't necessarily sound safe, either, to be worried about videoing myself AND flying, especially at that distance and altitude.

Oh, well. It would be nice if DJI made this more obvious once you've activated your UAV, and maybe even sent out an email reminder BEFORE the 48 hours expired. I get why they're doing this, but treating all buyers like we're trying to cheat DJI isn't very enlightened.
2019-5-11
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4
United States

I reached out to DJI directly, and they granted me a waiver, since my M2P was only a week old. Seemed reasonable, and I appreciate their quick turnaround, especially as it's a weekend.

Well done, DJI!
2019-5-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Pics2Flicks Posted at 5-11 06:33
Thanks, guys. Well, that's more than a little ponderous.

Gonna be a challenge to make a video like that solo, and while flying the aircraft. Doesn't necessarily sound safe, either, to be worried about videoing myself AND flying, especially at that distance and altitude.

Have MP2 do a Selfie.  Fly MP2 in front of a very large mirror.
2019-5-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Pics2Flicks Posted at 5-11 06:50
I reached out to DJI directly, and they granted me a waiver, since my M2P was only a week old. Seemed reasonable, and I appreciate their quick turnaround, especially as it's a weekend.

Well done, DJI!

Hello and good day Pics2Flicks. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us today. It is great to know that you were able to get a waiver for the DJI Refresh for your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. If you have any other concerns or inquiry with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.
2019-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules