still cant get follow me to work
1183 24 2019-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mamigacz
lvl.2
United States

I posted the below video in an earlier post.  Nothing has stood out as being wrong.  However, the graphic on the app (in the right hand corner) that shows the drone viewing the person does go bananas as I start walking away after starting follow me.  Is this normal, or does it give a clue to something I'm doing wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyZcifyLTLo
2019-5-11
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

May be you must have the ordered altitude and distance to you before you tab <<preform>>
2019-5-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Follow Me can be difficult to get working. Often the cause is that the aircraft is not seeing a GPS signal from the phone or tablet you have on the RC unit. In this case, the screen shows that it considers the signal from the phone to be 'strong', so it should be satisfied. What phone or tablet are you using?
2019-5-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Is it a device with cellular?

With the iPad Air2, only those with Cellular ability, have the built in GPS module.

RedHotPoker
2019-5-11
Use props
mamigacz
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 5-11 14:38
Follow Me can be difficult to get working. Often the cause is that the aircraft is not seeing a GPS signal from the phone or tablet you have on the RC unit. In this case, the screen shows that it considers the signal from the phone to be 'strong', so it should be satisfied. What phone or tablet are you using?

Galaxy (Android) S8
2019-5-11
Use props
mamigacz
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 5-11 14:38
Follow Me can be difficult to get working. Often the cause is that the aircraft is not seeing a GPS signal from the phone or tablet you have on the RC unit. In this case, the screen shows that it considers the signal from the phone to be 'strong', so it should be satisfied. What phone or tablet are you using?

Galaxy (Android) S8.
2019-5-11
Use props
mamigacz
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 5-11 16:26
Is it a device with cellular?

With the iPad Air2, only those with Cellular ability, have the built in GPS module.

Galaxy (Android) S8
2019-5-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

mamigacz Posted at 5-11 17:59
Galaxy (Android) S8

Yes but Does it have Cellular connectivity?

That’s the ticket.

RedHotPoker
2019-5-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 5-11 18:12

That’s the ticket.

Its a phone so take a wild guess ;) :p
2019-5-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

That’s hilarious. Hahaha
Ok, I’ll go stand in the corner with my pointed hat.
4E5C0AE6-9F6B-41A0-8590-693295BE6E5A.jpeg

RedHotPoker

17B40760-3746-45A1-A281-75B7AD0D1D0D.jpeg
2019-5-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry, couldnt help myself lol
2019-5-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Bashy Posted at 5-11 19:35
Sorry, couldnt help myself lol

What do you mean?  You did right by me, friend.

It’s about time I grabbed a large clue. Hehe
9C727E46-21A0-4E31-B7F2-B2277CF3E518.jpeg
Not sure where my mind was, but it’s clear to me now. ;-)
5C3E43A8-1B2F-4855-B0A1-2A43A45E9CF0.jpeg

Thanks.

RedHotPoker
2019-5-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

mamigacz Posted at 5-11 17:58
Galaxy (Android) S8

That phone should work OK, and the DJI Go screen seems to indicate that it is happy with the GPS information it is getting from your phone. I am afraid I have no other ideas at present.
2019-5-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Me either. Hehe

RedHotPoker
2019-5-11
Use props
mamigacz
lvl.2
United States

Watch the video again and keep an eye on the two areas below with arrows pointing to them.  Especially, at the end of the video when it kicks out of follow me.

2019-5-12
Use props
mamigacz
lvl.2
United States

If anyone has input on how to solve this, I would appreciate it!!  I love this drone, and the follow me feature is important
2019-5-12
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

mamigacz Posted at 5-12 09:20
If anyone has input on how to solve this, I would appreciate it!!  I love this drone, and the follow me feature is important

Hi mamigaz, have you tried re-installing DJIgo app. If so did it make any difference? If not try re-install, it may or may not help.
2019-5-12
Use props
mamigacz
lvl.2
United States

Pleomax Posted at 5-12 10:21
Hi mamigaz, have you tried re-installing DJIgo app. If so did it make any difference? If not try re-install, it may or may not help.

Unfortunately, I have numerous times.  I have also down graded and back up to the latest version of firmware.   No luck .  

Again, I love this drone.  The point of interest function works great.  The only other function that matters to me is the follow me function.  If I can figure that out, I'm
2019-5-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 5-11 18:12

That’s the ticket.

That's irrelevant.
It's only an issue for Apple devices.
Almost all Android devices have GPS regardless of having cellular capability or not.

2019-5-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Labroides Posted at 5-12 15:43
That's irrelevant.
It's only an issue for Apple devices.
Almost all Android devices have GPS regardless of having cellular capability or not.

Yes, I’ve been sleep deprived, and obviously lost all sense and sensibility. :-)

I’m back. Feeling much better. Thanks.

Plus, I’m not up on Androids...

I wonder why Apple treat their devices that way?

RedHotPoker
2019-5-12
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

It´s equal iOS or Android don´t need any cellular connectivity if the maps are cached and i personelly use these mobiles in airplane mode and connectivity with these 9 up to 12 GPS satellites.
The GPS receiver of the mobile must be switched on. The copters current GPS point and the pilots GPS point are sent to the RC and so on. The distance and altitude are  set with the start of FFM.
The wandering pilots point gives the copter via RC the direction and speed for follow me to the copter. Cellular is not so accurate as a GPS module.
2019-5-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yeah, true, you don’t require Cellular connectivity to use that flight mode.

Yes, but also truth, is it’s only the cellular versions of iPads that contain the gps module, or whatever compartment the component is classified in. Haha

RedHotPoker

2019-5-24
Use props
Phantom Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281371 ft
Germany

mamigacz Posted at 5-12 09:20
If anyone has input on how to solve this, I would appreciate it!!  I love this drone, and the follow me feature is important

Hi mamigacz, please turn on Flight Mode on your Galax S8, wait 4 to 5 seconds and then turn it off. Make sure the GPS on your S8 is turned on. Try to start the follow me mode. Hope it helps you.
2019-5-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i cant remember, do you have to select yourself in the shot or is that just for active track?
Location is turned on on the phone aint it? I know it says GPS is strong but just checking with you
You are telling it to go aren't you, prior to you walking off?

I am clutching at straws here cause i am fairly sure i have not use this mode, only active track, have ya tried active tracking? see if that has the same issues, i know its not GPS based like Follow me but would be interested to know if the other modes are ok....
2019-5-24
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

Active track is used on P4 or newer with the Go app 4 or Litchi with all P3 and p4 models and does not require a second GPS signal (mobile) but the FFM demand that second GPS signal so the copters system can verify the P1 and P2 of GPS to know to where it must follow.
2019-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules