889 8 2019-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aussierob78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740476 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I’m looking for some ND/PL filters for my Mavic 2 pro. I’ve had Polar Pro in the past and they have been amazing, however I’m wondering if there are any decent alternatives? Nisi is one brand that seems to have quality gear.
2019-5-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We have available ND Filters which is specially made for the Mavic 2 Pro. These high-quality, light reducing ND filters reduce the amount of light coming into the sensor, giving you more control of the camera's aperture, exposure time, and sensor sensitivity settings.  A precise snap-joint design ensures a reliable fit and lens seal during flight. Please see the link below for your reference.

https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-2-pro-nd-filters-set
2019-5-12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use the polar vivid nd/pl set and they work great on the M2P. I've read that skyreat are quite good and pgytech - the DJI Nd's are not polarised.
2019-5-12
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Based on my own experience, SKYREAT’s 6 filter set is great value and includes some very good quality and nicely made filters.  Freewell filters are very decent too, though perhaps not quite as well designed/manufactured (can be a little tight to remove etc.).  DJI’s own filters are great, but quite expensive and aren’t PL.  Polar Pro are excellent but over priced.
2019-5-12
Use props
Aussierob78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740476 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks for the replies. I definitely want polarized ND filters, leaning towards the cinema series again, however thanks to a photography group I'm in I do get a discount on Nisi filters. Might have to go check them out
2019-5-12
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wasn’t aware of Nisi as their kit isn’t available here on the other side of the world (UK).  I had a quick look at their website and all their PL filters appear to be fixed?!  I definitely wouldn’t buy those.  The ‘issue’ of non-rotatable polarised filter lenses was an early issue with many budget filters (including skyreat) that have all long since been fixed.
2019-5-13
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aussierob78 Posted at 5-12 20:03
Thanks for the replies. I definitely want polarized ND filters, leaning towards the cinema series again, however thanks to a photography group I'm in I do get a discount on Nisi filters. Might have to go check them out

You're welcome
2019-5-13
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just to add to my last post... If you don’t like the look of skyreat filters (which are really good by the way) check out the freewell all day kit. It’s $129US ($185AUS) which comes with 4 ND and 4 NDPL rotatable filters. It’s a great starter kit for serious photographers.
2019-5-13
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

I have Freewell Gear Long exposure and Bright day Polarized kits, as well as DJI and Polarpro filters, and honestly, they are all the same. Freewellgear gets used the most, very very slight color cast with the long 256 and 400 filters, but to be expected.
A friend have Nisi filters, awesome, and works very well.
Given a second choice, I would probably go with the Freewells again.
2019-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules