Smart Controller and DJI Flight Simulator
6806 13 2019-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Dyge2mVYhSCh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 301929 ft
United States

I have the Smart Controller for my Mavic 2 Zoom and really like it.  Now I want to use it on the DJI Flight Simulator but have not idea how to connect the controller to the PC.  The only instructions I can find are for the standard M2 controller which has a micro USB port.  Any help?  Thanks.
2019-5-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As of the time being. the Smart controller is not compatible with our DJI Flight simulator and it can support the regular RC for the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. Should you have further concern, please let us know. Thank you for understanding.
2019-5-12
Use props
Gary.indra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 301929 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-12 08:11
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As of the time being. the Smart controller is not compatible with our DJI Flight simulator and it can support the regular RC for the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. Should you have further concern, please let us know. Thank you for understanding.

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, I purchased the smart controller with the Mavic2 as part of a package so do not have the original M2 controller.  Is there any plan to add the Smart Controller to the list of compatible Flight Simulator controllers?  
2019-5-12
Use props
djiuser_N0zXmWiEQKPv
lvl.1

Spain

I have the same problem . I bought the mavic 2 zoom with the smart controller and I have no other command. How can I do to function with the smart controller?
2019-5-12
Use props
Drone Alpes LB
New

France

Même problème, c'est assez frustrant. De plus l'unique comptabilité avec windows est assez limité . C'est comme l'interface de la smart controller uniquement en anglais ... Pas grave, juste dommage, ca ne fidélise pas vraiment.
2019-8-24
Use props
WindMo
New

French Polynesia

Any updates ?
2020-1-28
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-5-12 08:11

Hi Tony,

I'm using the SC as controller for the DJI flight simulator on my Windows 10 machine.

Bought the mavic pro with the standard controller and ordered the smart controller as well. Both controllers work for me to fly the DJI flight simulator.

The SC has a usb c connector, which I did connect to my usb c port on my custom build pc.
2020-1-29
Use props
Jim Lewis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3166 ft
United States

JohnDG Posted at 1-29 12:45
Hi Tony,

I'm using the SC as controller for the DJI flight simulator on my Windows 10 machine.

Thanks for the tip.  The Smart Controller worked for me, too, when I used a USB-C to USB-C cable from the SC to either a front or back USB-C port on my Dell computer.  I have not yet figured out what all the buttons on the SC will do in the DJI simulator.  What button or joystick movement will let me get out of a simulation?  I was doing the Farm-Free Flight Trial and the Back button on the SC would not back me out of the simulation.  I had to close the Simulator app on my Taskbar to escape!  I tried the C3 button on the other side of the SC just in case button symmetry had been rotated 180, but that didn't back me out, either.

Update: Duh!  It's a case of RYFM.  In the DJI simulator, the C1 (left) button on the back of the SC is BACK, the C2 (right) button on the back of of the SC is CONFIRM (or ENTER).  To get out of the simulation, you have to back up with the C1 button until you see the MAIN MENU choice, then select that with a joystick movement, press C2 to confirm, pick EXIT and confirm with C2 on the MAIN MENU to escape the simulation.

Thanks, DJI.  The simulator is really great in building muscle memory that will help avoid problems in flying the real drone (Mavic 2 Pro, for me).  I am amazed that such a relatively simple simulation, though, can cause my NVidia GeForce 2070 Super to cook, going over 80 deg C.  Our house is about 29 deg C, though.

2020-7-27
Use props
fans28a42d3a
lvl.1
Australia

Hi All,

IT Tech here & still struggling to get my Smart Controller working with the Simulator.Have read most I can find, but there seems to be a lot of hole in the info available.

I have installed the drivers from ProgramFiles(X86), but still seem to be missing something.
Plugging & unplugging makes it appear in Device Manage as "Smart Controller" under the Portable devices branch, but on looking at the driver for that I just see a Microsoft Driver  dated 21/06/2006.

Tried updating it automatically; no change, tried updating it with a search of "C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator\Driver\Drivers_Win10" & it still insists on using the MS driver.
Other question that is not clear any where is which option to choos when Android pops p it's USB Prompt?

Charge this Device
Transfer Files
Transfer Photos????

Have tried each with slightly different results, but still no success.

Cheers.
Edit:-

Am I missing something in that something specific needs to be running on the controller to instruct it to output control data to the USB port?
see vague mentions but not a lot of help.

2020-11-5
Use props
djiuser_GjnDiFgTnkpB
New

France

I have basically the same problem as the user above, any update on how to use the SC with the simulator?
2021-1-21
Use props
djiuser_GjnDiFgTnkpB
New

France

I have basically the same problem as the user above, any update on how to use the SC with the simulator?
2021-1-21
Use props
djiuser_l3xRrh5nr2Fl
New

United Kingdom

Hi yes I too am  having the  same problem.
When I connect the smart controller(sc) my computer sees the controller, I then start the flight sim.
I can select the sc from the list of controllers but nothing on the controller makes anything change on the flight sim.
Has anyone got any suggestions.
I have loaded the usb driver.y computer is seeing the sc as I can see the files on explorer etc..
Any advise gratefully accepted.
2021-3-17
Use props
coltfreeman
New
Flight distance : 36644 ft

United States

Same problem, I've got the smart controller recognized but the smart controller obviously needs to change into some sort of sim mode
2021-6-15
Use props
Drone Shot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2169619 ft
Sweden

This worked for me on Windows 11 Pro:
1. Do a fresh install of DJI Flight Simulator
2. Install the USB Drivers (dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe) from the DJI Flight Simulator folder e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator\dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe
3. Connect the Smart Controller to your PC (Use the charging cable for the Smart Controller)
4. Select "Charge this device" from the pop-up menu when the Smart Controller starts.
5. Open DJI Flight Simulator

You should now be able to use the Smart Controller with DJI Flight Simulator
2021-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules