BEST METHOD FOR ROAD CONTSTRUCTION VIDEO
1031 14 2019-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 946788 ft
Brunei

I m using Mavic Pro Platinum. The map marked yellow line is a road construction. I need to video it for the progress report to our client. Please advice me for video drone using DJIgo4. Tap and fly, Follow me, active track, follow terrain, way point etc. Give me a link for the best tutorial. The distance of the road is 4.5km and it is in the altitude zone.

Road construction

Road construction

fly safe zone

fly safe zone

Fly safe geo zone map

Fly safe geo zone map
2019-5-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We would recommend using the waypoint feature as this will allow you to create a mission that you can use to record this particular location. Please be cautious about the environment and ensure that the GPS is strong to avoid the incident. You may refer to the video tutorial below.

2019-5-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to use waypoint mode but have it where, when it loses signal to continue flying but it's risky because if you lose battery on the way back it's gone.  Also, the problem with Waypoint mode is the Mavic 2 stops at every point and then goes.  This kills momentum and waste time.  You can try flying the whole route then just fly back after signal is lost then drive further w/ a new battery and do that route then combine the footage.
2019-5-13
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Litchi is a great app for waypoints. When you map out your flight it will tell you the overall length of the flight so you can make the judgement on whether or not you want to split it up into 2 passes which might be the safest way to go.
2019-5-13
Use props
Daltair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167723 ft
United States

if you need to do it only once, just fly and make video.
waypoints are useful if you are going to do it as routing operation everyday.
2019-5-13
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Definitely plan the flight using waypoints - waypoint 2.0 works well on the Mavic 2 Pro or try Litchi
2019-5-14
Use props
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Brunei

DJI Tony Posted at 5-13 14:35
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We would recommend using the waypoint feature as this will allow you to create a mission that you can use to record this particular location. Please be cautious about the environment and ensure that the GPS is strong to avoid the incident. You may refer to the video tutorial below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvvbMxQ9Hj0

Thank you for the advice, will update once I m done.
2019-5-14
Use props
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Brunei

A J Posted at 5-14 03:03
Definitely plan the flight using waypoints - waypoint 2.0 works well on the Mavic 2 Pro or try Litchi

2019-5-14
Use props
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Brunei

A J Posted at 5-14 03:03
Definitely plan the flight using waypoints - waypoint 2.0 works well on the Mavic 2 Pro or try Litchi

2019-5-14
Use props
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Brunei

Daltair Posted at 5-13 23:30
if you need to do it only once, just fly and make video.
waypoints are useful if you are going to do it as routing operation everyday.

2019-5-14
Use props
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Brunei

Hurley1718 Posted at 5-13 16:00
Litchi is a great app for waypoints. When you map out your flight it will tell you the overall length of the flight so you can make the judgement on whether or not you want to split it up into 2 passes which might be the safest way to go.

2019-5-14
Use props
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Brunei

AntDX316 Posted at 5-13 15:39
You need to use waypoint mode but have it where, when it loses signal to continue flying but it's risky because if you lose battery on the way back it's gone.  Also, the problem with Waypoint mode is the Mavic 2 stops at every point and then goes.  This kills momentum and waste time.  You can try flying the whole route then just fly back after signal is lost then drive further w/ a new battery and do that route then combine the footage.

2019-5-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MoNoAd Posted at 5-14 14:36
Thank you for the advice, will update once I m done.

You're most welcome! Please keep us posted on the latest progress. May you please always have a safe flight!
2019-5-14
Use props
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Brunei

DJI Tony Posted at 5-13 14:35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvvbMxQ9Hj0

The road is 4.5km so i decide to use tap and fly, i have someone to drive for me and i m controlling it inside the car, I like the tap and fly but the problem I can't properly maintain the altitude and and also along the route. At there is a zone where the drone stop and hover. I have attached my flight log to share with everyone,

https://app.airdata.com/flight/5 ... ns&val=detailed
2019-5-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MoNoAd Posted at 5-14 14:36
Thank you for the advice, will update once I m done.

You're welcome
2019-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules