5696 27 2019-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,

Got the new Samsung Galaxy S10+ last week. It does not work with Spark at all, had to abandon the whole shoot and go home.

The OTG charges the device firstly, which is an old problem i had fixed previously with the Samsung S8 and couldn't remember how to resolve that little problem. The main problem was the fact the Spark now seems to think its an Inspire!!!

So, i've deleted and reinstalled the app and it is still not compatible?

Will, and can this, be resolved; or do i just simply have to sell my Spark as its not being updated for new tech?

Still love my spark and intended on keeping it even when i do get the Mavic 2

PLEASE ADVISE ASAP DJI

Cheers,

Will

2019-5-13
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

With android pie (9) everything connected to your port will popup a charging notification.
Ignore it..
If Spark is recognized as Inspire, ignore that too.
This is before drone is connected to RC, right?

Enjoy your flights and have fun!
2019-5-13
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Haggi Posted at 5-13 02:05
With android pie (9) everything connected to your port will popup a charging notification.
Ignore it..
If Spark is recognized as Inspire, ignore that too.

Oh ok, thanks. This was an old issue a year ago which was fixed with a minor change on phone to connectivity.
It's all good and well saying ignore it but you cannot get any further and cannot fly so ignoring it just means packing up my gear and going home! The remote connects to the drone, i then plug OTG cable in and get both of those errors and nothing more. Sadly i cannot just ignore and fly as it will not go past the Inspire notification.............

2019-5-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Will . I am sorry for the trouble and for the information you have provided us. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the mobile device Samsung Galaxy S10+. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Spark as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung Galaxy S10+ will be able to work with the said drone, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Spark and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Samsung Galaxy S10+ when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

2019-5-13
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-13 08:12
Hello and good day Will . I am sorry for the trouble and for the information you have provided us. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the mobile device Samsung Galaxy S10+. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Spark as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung Galaxy S10+ will be able to work with the said drone, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Spark and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Samsung Galaxy S10+ when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

[view_image]

I'm sorry but that is really really saddening.

SO. To confirm, I upgrade my mobile phone and subsequently now have to sell my drone???!?!?!? Or buy another old mobile phone at an expense to myself........ I couldn't be more dissapointed if i tried to be honest thats an absolute disgrace!

I love my spark and now i can never ever fly it again!!!!! ABSOLUTE DISGRACE
2019-5-14
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Norway

Okay, sorry to hear about your problems!
I'm sure there is alot of S10+ piloting their Spark.
My device is Note8 on Pie.
Lets break this issue:

First thing first.
Are you able to fly your Spark without any device...RC only?

If success, great!

Be sure you use a proper OTG cable, as such cable is directional.
Cable and/or adapter from your S10+ box will not work!

My OTG procedure (Android):
  • Turn on Remote Control (RC). Wait for solid red.
  • Plug in OTG cable in phone.
  • Plug other end in RC.
  • Choose DJI GO 4 app in popup window.
  • Wait until GO 4 app is open and it says "RC Connected" in lower left corner.
  • Power up your Spark. Try to place RC as close to Spark as possible. (DJI recommend 20 cm)
  • Bonding between RC and Spark should take less than 30 sec.
  • Hit GO FLY!

PS: When I said 'ignore' I meant accept,  tap OK.

2019-5-14
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

You should be able to fly with your S10 on Pie without issue.  I have an S10E and it works. There is one thing you probably haven't done.

On your S10.  Go into SETTINGS > DEVELOPER OPTIONS and turn on USB Debugging.

The instructions above are correct, except you are waiting for a SOLID GREEN on the remote not a Solid Red.

Let me know if that worked for you

2019-5-15
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Haggi Posted at 5-14 05:00
My device is Note8 on Pie.

You are a legend, thanks so much for taking the time to help me and advise on this frustrating matter.

A far more preferable reply than the DJI reply above that just says, yeah unlucky either sell your drone we wont update and buy one of our newer models or buy yourself an old mobile phone end of!!!

I did most of that when attemtping flight but I will follow all that to the letter and hopefully have some success!!! I'll let you know, and again massive thanks!

2019-5-15
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mhinc Posted at 5-15 04:20
You should be able to fly with your S10 on Pie without issue.  I have an S10E and it works. There is one thing you probably haven't done.

On your S10.  Go into SETTINGS > DEVELOPER OPTIONS and turn on USB Debugging.

Firstly, thanks for replying and being helpful!

This is great and some much needed positivity rather than bad news and defeatism!

Ok awesome I will 100% be trying this either tonight or tomorrow night so keep your fingers crossed for me!

Much appreciated, i so hope this works or i'm genuinely taking my Samsung S10+ Back to the shop!
2019-5-15
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 5-15 05:59
Firstly, thanks for replying and being helpful!

This is great and some much needed positivity rather than bad news and defeatism!  

Looking forward to hearing back!
2019-5-15
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mhinc Posted at 5-15 04:20
You should be able to fly with your S10 on Pie without issue.  I have an S10E and it works. There is one thing you probably haven't done.

On your S10.  Go into SETTINGS > DEVELOPER OPTIONS and turn on USB Debugging.

Sadly in S10+ USB Debugging doesn't seem to be an option that way i had to go into developer mode and tapp 7 times etc then i could enable debugging
So, stage one complete....... Tomorrow i will do a test flight using those instructions above. Pray for me.......... (and again thankyoU!)
2019-5-20
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Note 9 and it fits perfectly w/ room to spare now as for the Spark controller, it just Barely makes it.
2019-5-20
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Norway

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 5-20 03:43
[view_image]

Sadly in S10+ USB Debugging doesn't seem to be an option that way i had to go into developer mode and tapp 7 times etc then i could enable debugging
Fingers crossed for you, mate!
Here is a link to activate usb debugging on your S10+..but I'm not sure you need this step.
It's not activated on my Note8..

https://www.bestusefultips.com/how-to-enable-usb-debugging-on-galaxy-s10/
2019-5-20
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 5-20 04:37
I have a Note 9 and it fits perfectly w/ room to spare now as for the Spark controller, it just Barely makes it.

Yet another nonsense post from you that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the OPs question! What did you do, read the title and just assume? Try reading before just posting for the points there Special K, you are spamming this forum with your nonsense and frankly the Admins need to start to see this and deal with it.  
2019-5-20
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 5-20 03:43
[view_image]

Sorry I should have mentioned how to get into developer options if you hadn't already done so.  Glad you figured it out.  Please let us know if this works for you.
2019-5-20
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mhinc Posted at 5-20 11:05
Yet another nonsense post from you that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the OPs question! What did you do, read the title and just assume? Try reading before just posting for the points there Special K, you are spamming this forum with your nonsense and frankly the Admins need to start to see this and deal with it.

ok I will try to post "smarter" responses instead of just being in conversation
2019-5-20
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Norway

Any updates here, @WilfredSparkman 0?
2019-5-22
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thanks for replying to that, and in such a great way!

2019-5-28
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Haggi Posted at 5-22 22:27
Any updates here, @WilfredSparkman 0?

Sorry bud, been really ill and havent flown. I'm going to try it tonight 100%!! Ive allowed the usb debusgging so just try the reccomended set up method and pray it works! Wish me luck.....
2019-5-28
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Sorry I should have mentioned how to get into developer options if you hadn't already done so.  Glad you figured it out.  Please let us know if this works for you.

Will be trying tonight all going to plan!
Havent had chance to try yet been ill. I'll update soon as
2019-5-28
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Will be trying tonight all going to plan!
Havent had chance to try yet been ill. I'll update soon as
2019-5-28
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 5-20 04:37

I once looked at a hedge
2019-5-28
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Norway

Keep the faith, mate!
We will all be watching you
2019-5-28
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

Wah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!  Just spit my coffee out!  "My cats breath smells like cat food"  was what came to mind originally for me.   But yours works as well!
2019-5-28
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 5-28 00:39
Thanks for replying to that, and in such a great way!

I am known to be quite blunt, and really have no time for the nonsense of children.  Or mentality of children in this case
2019-5-28
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mhinc Posted at 5-28 07:52
Wah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!  Just spit my coffee out!  "My cats breath smells like cat food"  was what came to mind originally for me.   But yours works as well!

Hahaha!! Equally as good! Thanks dude
2019-5-29
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Haggi Posted at 5-14 05:00
My device is Note8 on Pie.

Sorry for massive delay in response!!

So, I FINALLY tested it at the weekend, been so damn busy of late plus the weather in the UK has been horrific. So, did the exact method you went through and it actually allowed me to fly and get into the app as opposed to no further than the error messages. I didn't actually take off due to satelite signal and the fact it had to do a big NFZ update but it worked so thats great!!
Will do a proper flight test this week as it has finally stopped raining all day every day
2019-6-17
Use props
djiuser_N2ZhlxICrCJs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115807 ft
Lebanon

Hello guys ,
I have the same issue with my spark and samsung S10 when i bought an otg cable and tried it, it thinks it is an inspire 1 , i could fly it ,but it is not stable at all , it starts going forward ,left right down ...by itself, i did not enable usb debugging before trying my new otg cable , maybe that is the reason ?? I will retry after enabling usb debugging in developper options ( noting that i have no issues when connecting via wifi).
2020-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules