Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How far
687 15 2019-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscb0c4862
lvl.2
Flight distance : 423 ft
United States

How far/high can I fly with controller without losing signal with Spark?  
2019-5-13
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

There are a lot of factors involved.
2019-5-13
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

That range seems to be between <100m to just over 3000m (own experience, no tuning)
Location, surroundings, all is part of this!
2019-5-13
Use props
GetHigh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 163619 ft
United States

Hmmm, I just flew 7,892 feet away. Not sure what the 300 meter limit would be?
2019-5-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Please note that magnetic interference can have a bad effect on image transmission and it can cause disconnection. I would recommend you fly in a place with good signal and choose the best channel before flight. Have a safe and happy flying.
2019-5-13
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

GetHigh Posted at 5-13 08:00
Hmmm, I just flew 7,892 feet away. Not sure what the 300 meter limit would be?

As you are a US, you have a 2 Km factory limit value, but it depends on the terrain and the sources of radio interference. I think 1 Km is available.

If I can suggest, do not try, because Spark has only one built-in compass and if you get confused, you turn off the GPS mode and you need to control your home manually. If you are far away and the connection is interrupted then you can lose it permanently.
It is advisable to fly in sight which is approx. 100-150m.

It is not designed for long-haul flights and therefore communicates via wifi. It is perfectly suitable for video recording in your vicinity.
2019-5-13
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9593 ft
United States

It matters if there are buildings or not, buildings can block the signal.
2019-5-13
Use props
Estelle Lau
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

Mainly depends on the environment you chose. I always make sure the drone is in my line of sight when I fly it.
2019-5-13
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi there,

To reduce the chance of connection or video losses:
- Ensure correct orientation of antennas of the R/C
- Use an OTG cable
- Put phone into airplane mode
- Do not fly in urban areas or places with lots of people (interference)
- Keep you bird in VLOS

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-5-13
Use props
gmozo
lvl.4
United States

i think almost 400 i think
2019-5-15
Use props
fanscb0c4862
lvl.2
Flight distance : 423 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-13 10:22
Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Please note that magnetic interference can have a bad effect on image transmission and it can cause disconnection. I would recommend you fly in a place with good signal and choose the best channel before flight. Have a safe and happy flying.
Being a newbie, how do I select the right channel?
2019-5-16
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Press menu, select the icon below the controller icon, select custom & change to a green channel.  Search the forum or DJI Tutorials for more details.
2019-5-17
Use props
Decebalus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 203806 ft
Romania

fanscb0c4862 Posted at 5-16 08:58
Being a newbie, how do I select the right channel?

I would not do that. Let it on auto. And dont fly it away until you see that the Home point it`s set.
2019-5-17
Use props
fans279a98ca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 750787 ft
United Kingdom

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 5-13 13:06
As you are a US, you have a 2 Km factory limit value, but it depends on the terrain and the sources of radio interference. I think 1 Km is available.

If I can suggest, do not try, because Spark has only one built-in compass and if you get confused, you turn off the GPS mode and you need to control your home manually. If you are far away and the connection is interrupted then you can lose it permanently.

Please forgive me as I’m only a relative novice of 4 months flying, but how or why would you ever want to turn off GPS??
2019-5-17
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

fans279a98ca Posted at 5-17 13:04
Please forgive me as I’m only a relative novice of 4 months flying, but how or why would you ever want to turn off GPS??

What I wrote was ambiguous. The google translator doesn't always write the way I wanted it.

I don't want to turn off GPS, but Spark will turn off the GPS mode if a compass error is detected.
I had not yet, but other peoples many and many times experienced:
Spark signaled a compass error and then started accelerating in an unwanted direction. This is because the compass is very important for the IMU. If he senses something other than the IMU, he doesn't know where he is flying and rather gives the pilot control. Since there is no GPS mode, the automatic position hold is stopped and the wind starts blowing. Even the weak breeze.
The trouble is if there is no live connection, because control is in principle at the pilot but he can't control it because he has no connection.
Then Spark flyaway ...
2019-5-18
Use props
GetHigh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 163619 ft
United States

"
How far/high can I fly with controller without losing signal with Spark?  

I don't know how high but I can guarantee if you fly high enough, long enough to have your battery depleted - the AC WILL return back to the ground. I can even specify the speed at which it will return... It will return at 32 feet per second squared. And it will reduce it's speed quite suddenly  :-)
2019-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules