Save a position in the air for later us
11360 6 2019-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cris_Esta
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hello,

I have been asked (for my work) to take daily recordings of a new construction site for a future time laps montage.

I saw there is the missions that can be used to have a specific sequence of points the drone must go to.

However, I am trying to find out if you can fly your drone, set it in an exact position (height, and GPS coordinates) and save that exact location and height. That way, next time I go on the site, I can just tell the drone to fly to that exact altitude, GPS coordinates, etc.

This basically means that I would not be moving with the drone but just stay in the exact same point.

Is my request sounding crazy or am I just missing a very simple option that the phantom 4 has?

Thanks for any assitance!

Best
Cris
2019-5-13
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I have a P4A +

However, I found this which might apply for what you are after:

You obviously just manually set you hight etc.

2019-5-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day Cris_Esta. Thank you for reaching out. We do have the intelligent flight mode "Waypoint" in the DJI Go 4 App wherein you can record a flight path, then the aircraft will fly along the same path repeatedly while you control the camera and orientation. The flight path can be saved and re-apply in the future. In addition, The distance between two waypoints must be larger than 5 meters and less than or equal to 500 meters. The distance between a waypoint and Home Point must be less than or equal to 500 meters. The total distance must be less than or equal to 5000 meters. The maximum height of a waypoint is the maximum flight altitude. If a waypoint’s height is less than 10 meters, a warning stating that the height is lower than 10 meters and the flight speed needs to be controlled to avoid crash will be displayed in the app. At least two waypoints and at most 99 waypoints can be set in Waypoints. You may refer to the link below for the official video tutorial on how to use the Intelligent flight mode Waypoints. Thank you for your continued support.

2019-5-13
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is a third party app called Litchi which is very nice. It allows you to set your waypoints, speed, altitude, and camera direction . You just save the flight plan in the app and then just select that plan each time you fly. It will have all the same GPS flight path each time you run it. Then you can create your timelapse or other effect from there.

Good luck.
2019-5-13
Use props
Cris_Esta
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hurley1718 Posted at 5-13 20:47
There is a third party app called Litchi which is very nice. It allows you to set your waypoints, speed, altitude, and camera direction . You just save the flight plan in the app and then just select that plan each time you fly. It will have all the same GPS flight path each time you run it. Then you can create your timelapse or other effect from there.

Good luck.

Hello Hurley,

Great - will try that out today! Thanks for the help, appreciated.

Cheers,
Cris
2019-5-13
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cris_Esta Posted at 5-13 23:05
Hello Hurley,

No problem at all. I hope you find something that will work out and allow you to capture what you are hoping to accomplish.

2019-5-14
Use props
tknoble93
New

United States

Cris_Esta Posted at 2019-5-13 23:05
Hello Hurley,

Cris was wondering if you were successful with this method! Thanks
2022-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules