1514 3 2019-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
choppedxs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 602090 ft
New Zealand

Hi All
I am looking for a 3rd party gimbal that will go on a  M200 or M210 and carry a small Optris lightweight camera. It is round 55mm wide and tall and round 95mm deep from wire out the back to end of lens. The only option I have seen so far is Copterlab and I have not seen or heard good things. There is the Gremsey small one but it is really designed for the FLIR Duo Pro and that is slightly smaller camera. I dont need it to talk to DJI just point the camera down in turbulance and wind lean. Have poured over the web but not found much out there.
2019-5-13
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

What are you trying to achieve, thermal mapping..?

You're kind of stuck when it comes to gimbals. Find the highest quality gimbal that will fit in your specs and modify the rest. You can get the boson cores for pretty cheap but the noise is significantly higher than a tau 2 due to the pixel size
2019-5-14
Use props
choppedxs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 602090 ft
New Zealand

HyperSpectral Posted at 5-14 03:59
What are you trying to achieve, thermal mapping..?

You're kind of stuck when it comes to gimbals. Find the highest quality gimbal that will fit in your specs and modify the rest. You can get the boson cores for pretty cheap but the noise is significantly higher than a tau 2 due to the pixel size

Yes thermal mapping is what we are doing. Klau geomatics have something in the pipeline but difficult to get them to sell me one so far. I'm not sure they have it quite ready yet but am surprised no one has made a 3rd party gimbal for M200 yet. Good things take time I guess
2019-5-14
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

choppedxs Posted at 5-14 18:09
Yes thermal mapping is what we are doing. Klau geomatics have something in the pipeline but difficult to get them to sell me one so far. I'm not sure they have it quite ready yet but am surprised no one has made a 3rd party gimbal for M200 yet. Good things take time I guess

I would recommend going fully "3rd" party for an effective integration. DJI has lost my trust as well as many of my colleagues for tasks you're looking into. I understand the ease of just using a M200 but consider how much time you're spending looking to force a solution together when you can already do it with existing products.

The only thing thats really missing is a higher res thermal core (good luck mapping thermally with 640x512, unless you perform a lot of manual tie points).
2019-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules