5509 12 2019-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tarkboffin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14974 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

GS Pro doesn't run on Android, that's well known. But what is running on the P4 RTK controller, looks like GS Pro to me on the screenshot? Can anyone with a RTK confirm how the mission planning is done?

DJI, will we get this software on P4+ controller?!

Cheers

Untitled2.png
2019-5-13
Use props
tarkboffin
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI, why can't we have this software on the non-RTK Plus controllers?!

2019-5-14
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

United States

P4RTK uses a special version of GS Pro that is not linked to the desktop. So you have to plan your mission on the controller or you import a kml file.

DJI has released the DJI SDK that allows 3rd party software developers to write apps that can be installed on the controllers. I have no clue on how quick that will happen.

The Android system on the controllers is a slimmed down version of the operating system which means if 3rd party developers require anything that is not installed in the OS may cause issues. Hopefully it's all there and they can get out apps like Litchi, DroneDeploy, Pix4d, Drone Harmony etc pretty soon.
2019-5-14
Use props
tarkboffin
lvl.2
United Kingdom

LYVFD8142 Posted at 5-14 05:37
P4RTK uses a special version of GS Pro that is not linked to the desktop. So you have to plan your mission on the controller or you import a kml file.

DJI has released the DJI SDK that allows 3rd party software developers to write apps that can be installed on the controllers. I have no clue on how quick that will happen.

Thanks, I'd be happy to plan missions without the desktop.

I presume the P4RTK controller is running android, so why can't this version run on any other DJI Plus controller, do you know?
2019-5-16
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

United States

I don't know the official answer. The Android version they are using is apparently a striped down version aka lite-weight version. To install the RTK GS version on to another controller you would need the .apk file and then side-load the apk on to the other controller. There is no guarantee that you can side-load since you would need to have root access to the Android operating system.

DJI is in the process of releasing the DJI SDK (Software Development Kit) to the 3rd party developers (Litchi, DroneDeploy, Pix4d, Drone Harmony, etc) so they can install their apps on the controller. To allow this to happen DJI will need to open up the Android system to allow the installation of 3rd party apps. This will probably require a new firmware release, unless they added this in the firmware just released last week.   
2019-5-16
Use props
sputnik7
lvl.2
  • >>>
Spain

LYVFD8142 Posted at 5-16 04:30
I don't know the official answer. The Android version they are using is apparently a striped down version aka lite-weight version. To install the RTK GS version on to another controller you would need the .apk file and then side-load the apk on to the other controller. There is no guarantee that you can side-load since you would need to have root access to the Android operating system.

DJI is in the process of releasing the DJI SDK (Software Development Kit) to the 3rd party developers (Litchi, DroneDeploy, Pix4d, Drone Harmony, etc) so they can install their apps on the controller. To allow this to happen DJI will need to open up the Android system to allow the installation of 3rd party apps. This will probably require a new firmware release, unless they added this in the firmware just released last week.

we should be able to run 3rd party apps from a smartphone on the new DJI RTK SDK controller, i have purchased one but so far there is no news on how to do this as I am unable to link the controller to my drone since the DJI4 app doest support the RTK...
2019-8-22
Use props
Drone Harmony
New

We are currently working on integrating Drone Harmony with the P4RTK SDK controller.

Note that on Android you can use DJI Pilot for linking the controller, RTK and aircraft. DJI should actually add this to their manual, as not all users are using iOS :-)
2019-10-11
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6484478 ft

Hey Drone Harmony,

What are your expected time frames for release of the compatible app?

Cheers,
2019-10-13
Use props
StraightArrow10
lvl.2

DJI4Survey Posted at 10-13 16:03
Hey Drone Harmony,

What are your expected time frames for release of the compatible app?

+1

I would be very interested in the Drone Harmony software for my phantom 4 RTK flight planning/data capture. Thanks!
2019-10-14
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>

me too....
2019-10-14
Use props
sputnik7
lvl.2
  • >>>
Spain

So is that the end of the DJI RTK SDK Controller I paid 700 euros for ? no app savailable for it yet and none coming ?
2020-3-2
Use props
fans31104d30
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1014872 ft
Portugal

I'm using the P4RTK with and SDK controller and iPad. The problem is that, for some strange reason, the P4RTK does not produce a Survey folder with the necessary files for PPK. I had to buy an Android tablet and use DJi Pilot to be able to get the "Survey" folder. It would be so great if DJi could produce a unified app to use with a premium priced drone....
MapPilot works great with P4RTK and the SDK controller using an iPad. However it will cost 300 USdls to unlock the RTK features. The app is a lot better than any app from DJi. The only con is that we will not get the "Survey" folder also. The RTK data will be embedded in the photos as exif info. To use MapPilot we only need to start the RTK flow in GS Pro. After we can close GS Pro and make everything in MapPilot.
2020-9-7
Use props
djiuser_hredIzDyIfyW
lvl.1

Morocco

Is it possible to download the apps GS RTK .apk into the android tablet working with sdk controllers ?
2020-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules