Phantom 3 Standard Gimbal Lens Glass
1701 6 2019-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Hey folks.  Bought a used Phantom 3 yesterday.  Checked everything on site, but over looked something.It appears lens cover is missing, so the lens is exposted.  I have seen videos on removing ( unscrewing ) the cover and such
but for the life of me it feels like there is nothing here to unscrew.  Am I crazy?  Is JUST the glass missing or is the entire screw on part, I mean
there are no threads, so I am sure I am not nuts, but I tried the elastic trick and everything and could not get anything to unscrew.
So help from the pros would be nice
20190514_060916.jpg
2019-5-14
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

It's fine, nothing to come off.  
2019-5-14
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

WD9EON Posted at 5-14 05:52
It's fine, nothing to come off.
Hey. Thanks. Can you clarify. I thought the P3 Standard had;

A - screw off protective glass that covered the lens
B - the ability to unscrew and change to other filters?

So you're saying on the P3 Standard the camera lens is exposed and not covered by glass?
2019-5-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for your query to us. There must be a stock lens protector on the camera of the Phantom 3 Standard to protect the lens from possible damage when it's out in the air. I would recommend you contacting the seller to check if they had some replacement policy on the said drone. Should you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to reach us and we are more than happy to help you. Thank you for your continued support.
2019-5-14
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-14 08:45
Hi, there. Thank you for your query to us. There must be a stock lens protector on the camera of the Phantom 3 Standard to protect the lens from possible damage when it's out in the air. I would recommend you contacting the seller to check if they had some replacement policy on the said drone. Should you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to reach us and we are more than happy to help you. Thank you for your continued support.

That's really not answering my question. I'm getting mixed answers here. When you say lens protector do you mean the plastic cap, or is the Phantom 3 Standard supposed to have a protective glass covering the lens that can unscrew and be replaced with other filters.???
2019-5-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mhinc Posted at 5-14 10:41
That's really not answering my question. I'm getting mixed answers here. When you say lens protector do you mean the plastic cap, or is the Phantom 3 Standard supposed to have a protective glass covering the lens that can unscrew and be replaced with other filters.???

We do apologize for the confusion. What we would like to express is that the DJI Phantom 3 Standard does have the camera stock lens protector that you need to remove. You may refer to the image below on how it looks like. In addition, Just to clarify. There is no lens that you need to unscrew on the camera, it is only a cap. Thank you for your kind and understanding and I do apologize again for the inconvenience. If you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to reach us out. Hope this will clarify your query to us. Thank you for your continued support.  
i2.png
2019-5-14
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Mhinc Posted at 5-14 06:15
Hey. Thanks. Can you clarify. I thought the P3 Standard had;

A - screw off protective glass that covered the lens

That is correct, the plastic cap that comes with the drone, just slips on and off, some of us spilt it so it can be removed easier before flying.  There are no extra lenses you can use with the P3S, there are filters you can purchase, but the gimble generally gives an error if you use them.  They also just slip on and off.
2019-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules