Is this a firmware issue (Video interference)
481 8 2019-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
d_GG-EZ_b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156562 ft
South Africa

Hi Guys

Been flying for sometime.

I have not updated to DJI firmware where it flags limitations of flight distance, height and restrictions. I fly within the laws regardless.

But how does this occur?
See  below video

Really bad interference ? transmission ?
2019-5-14
Use props
Tree Wolf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

no vid link
2019-5-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there d_GG-EZ_b. Thank you for reaching out. We do apologize but we're not able to access the video that you want to provide. Please post the video link again for us to further help you with this concern. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a good one.
2019-5-14
Use props
d_GG-EZ_b
lvl.1
South Africa

Hey @DJI Gamora

Thank you very much mate. Sorry about the link above. It did show it as a link when I added the description. Odd.

Here it is.

So just a bit of background. I did crash this drone last year. And replaced the ribbon cable to through the gimbal through to the camera (the one  that wraps around the L arm etc). It was a cable from eBay. And it was working / is working fine. I'm not sure if perhaps this may have something to do with it.

https://youtu.be/wqXUo3IuM9A

2019-5-14
Use props
d_GG-EZ_b
lvl.1
South Africa

Embedded....hopefully now.

2019-5-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Where did you get that footage from? the SD card in the aircraft or your phone?
2019-5-14
Use props
d_GG-EZ_b
lvl.1
South Africa

Geebax Posted at 5-14 14:44
Where did you get that footage from? the SD card in the aircraft or your phone?

Ye this is from the SD card from the drone. But even with out an SD card in the drone. The actual visual on my phone is doing exactly that same thing.
I'm thinking it's this ribbon cable that I replaced. Not sure how they can become faulty. But it must have. Or it's the other one which connects to the main interferace when you remove the gimbal unit off the bottom of the drone.
2019-5-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

d_GG-EZ_b Posted at 5-14 20:06
Ye this is from the SD card from the drone. But even with out an SD card in the drone. The actual visual on my phone is doing exactly that same thing.
I'm thinking it's this ribbon cable that I replaced. Not sure how they can become faulty. But it must have. Or it's the other one which connects to the main interferace when you remove the gimbal unit off the bottom of the drone.

OK, I think your thinking is correct, the video stream is coming out of the camera like that. However I have never seen that effect on this forum before.
2019-5-14
Use props
d_GG-EZ_b
lvl.1
South Africa

I'm doing the firmware update to a later 2017 issue. Before going to the newest 2018 which I see there are issues. And I can't really have anymore issues at this point.
Otherwise I'm going to have to spend ZAR1500 for a ribbon cable (original and the inter linking ribbon cable from gimbal to main board.
2019-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules