Lost Image transmission - video link repeatedly fails
1157 6 2019-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeoffG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810082 ft
United Kingdom

It doesn't seem to matter how far away the I2 is and it  occurs irregularly.  

Video vanishes (only the main camera) and warning - Image Transmissin Lost shows.  It usually recovers after a few minutes, but sometimes happens 3 or 4 times even on short flights of 5mins or so.
I have reproduced the problem without being in the air at all (whilst donig a few hand held tracking shots)  then, it also lost the gimble power at the same time.  Again it reset itself after a couple of minutes delay.

Android, latest firmare and DJI software (except for latest RC update).

This has only occurred since the motors and ESCs where replaced by DJI (under warranty).  

Any thoughts appreciated.

2019-5-14
Use props
GeoffG
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Do DJI have any comment please?  
2019-5-30
Use props
GeoffG
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have also posted this issue under I2 camera.  I uploaded pictures of the lens mount as requested by DJi but have received no support since..  Is anyone from support watching the forum, I wonder?

To reiterate, the message I get is "No image transmission", and I also loose gimble power -  the camera hangs limp.  It then resets and the issue recurrs randomly, independent of distance.  I do not loose the FPV camera or control of the aircraft, just the camera and gimbal.  HELP PLEASE
2019-5-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi GeoffG, my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience that it caused. This is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. The effective image transmission distance of the video downlink for the Inspire 2 ( At 2.4 GHz: SRRC: 4km, FCC: 7km, CE: 3.5km ) and ( At 5.8 GHz: SRRC: 5km, FCC: 7km, CE: 2km ). May I know if  the issue still occur when you're using it in a different location?  What specific android device you're currently using? Have you tried switching the frequency band in the App?  If you receive an error message, kindly provide a screenshot for further checking. You may also double check the position of the antennas on your remote controller. The distance should be greater than height during flight. Please make sure that the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft.
2019-5-30
Use props
GeoffG
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hello Paladin, thanks for the reponse.

The problem is occuring at any distance, even without the rotors turning (by walking away a few meters with the aircraft.
It occurs in various locations (I have conducted frequency scans for interference).
The android device is Nexus 7 (latest) - both the I2 and Phantom 4 normally work with this device without problems.
It occurs on either 2.4 or 5.8 auto or manual chanel selection.
I understand the requirents for positioing tha aerials (I am a commercial operator).
I will send a screenshot later today.

2019-6-2
Use props
GeoffG
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sometimes the gimbal hangs limp when this happens, and usuallyclicking cancel  resets the transmissiion to OK
Help appreciciated asap - my customers are requesting that that use my backup P4 - not good for business or DJI!
2019-6-9
Use props
GeoffG
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Any thoughts from DJI on this please?  I have provided the information, as requested.
Thanks.
2019-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules