7619 18 2019-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
J.L.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 51864 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi,The remote will not work if we do not login.

When the Phantom 4 RTK is used in rural area, there is no mobile phone signal and network connection. How could we login under this situation?

We used it yesterday afternoon normally and did not log it out.
How long time it could keep logging in?
Thanks.
2019-5-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi J.L., the login validity of Phantom 4 RTK is 7 days, and it can be used in places where the internet is not available during the validity. If you're planning to work in the places without mobile phone signal, you may check the account login status in advance to avoid further troubles. Hope it helps.
2019-5-14
Use props
Dragline49
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan-

It would be very nice to be able override this setting. I have spent several hours driving and was unable to complete a survey due to this.
2019-5-15
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is yet another example of software written by folks that don't understand what is involved in using the tool for actual work. Geofencing, login requirements, the 50m coordinate threshold, and other stuff that may seem like a good idea in the office can be a deal-breaker in the field. I've little hope requesting DJI fix these things here will make a difference, but it's easy to do, so count me in.

Add my voice to those that have had the login requirement shut them down at great cost and inconvenience. Yes, knowing the time-out period will help us avoid these issues, but that's just another thing to add to an already long and onerous pre-flight checklist, for no real benefit that I can think of.
2019-5-15
Use props
gylboro
New

United Kingdom

We agree here, colleagues got logged out during a fieldwork trip in a remote area last week, they just about managed to get a WIFI hotspot on a phone to get back in.  Why is there a 7 day time out?  We were lucky this time. I do see issues like this being fixed in previous FW updates so there is hope, this one needs to be fixed or have an offline mode.

Dear DJI please remove the 7 day limit.
2019-5-30
Use props
Dragline49
lvl.2
United States

This really bothers me. DJI essentially has the ability to brick this machine at any point in the future. Where is the option for an offline mode?

This is totally out of line with their stated position that "Your data is not of business"

https://content.dji.com/your-dat ... 1DB1v&pm=custom[/url]
2019-6-4
Use props
Mayehem
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9641306 ft
Canada

This situation I have been fearing every since it started happening to me. SO frustrating having to mobile hot spot my phone to login again for NO reason. Luckily I've been in cell range.

Dear DJI, I own this thing now not you.
2019-6-26
Use props
Xime377
lvl.1

Peru

Dragline49 Posted at 5-15 11:03
DJI Susan-

It would be very nice to be able override this setting. I have spent several hours driving and was unable to complete a survey due to this.

I definitely agree with this! I work in the rainforest, usually, we travel by speedboat 4-8 hours to reach the survey point and we stay there without phone reception for more than 20 days.  It just does not make sense because it costs us a lot of money and time to go back just to look for a place with an internet connection.  
2019-7-12
Use props
choppedxs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 602090 ft
New Zealand

Please remove the 7 day login !! I use DJI drones in Antarctica. We are deep field away from wifi for weeks and months at a time. With this 7 day wifi login it means we no longer can use DJI RTK and are looking for alternative. Why Why WHY do we need to login every 7 days!! If you have to upload our secrets cant you at least make it wait to force you to login until it sees a wifi signal. You have killed the RTK Phantom for us. And on top of this we had ours demand a login 2 days after we had logged in previously so you cant even rely on the 7 day login. Wasted a 2 hour drive and failed in front of 120 students. Not a good look for us or DJI. Just turn it off - it never used to be there so we know you can do it. TURN IT OFF!
Thanks
2019-10-24
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6484478 ft
Australia

100% agree with Choppedxs.  Completely restrictive and time consuming requirement, not to mention unnecessary considering our flight logs cannot be synced from the controller via WIFI.

Make the change, or start to lose more customers due to this absolute flaw in the systems design.  DJI are positioning themselves as more enterprise based than ever before, do yourselves a favour and LISTEN to the companies using them.
2019-10-24
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI is doing what companies with huge market share and near monopolies often do- acting as if they have no fear of losing customers to their competition.

The more we just suck it up and continue to buy their flawed products the longer that will persist.

While some of the poorly implemented geofencing restrictions can at least be traced to attempts to placate FAA and other agencies, the 7-day sign in requirement has no justifiable reason to exist. Bricking an aircraft because its been more than a week since it has phoned home is ridiculous.
2019-10-25
Use props
IanSW
lvl.2

United States

Plus 1 for removing this ridiculous and useless "feature".
2019-10-25
Use props
LeeFluff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6027 ft
New Zealand

Same.
I headed out in the field today and forgot to login before leaving.
No cell coverage in the field.
Over 2hours mobilisation you get cell coverage and hotspot data sharing.
I know this is essentially my fault, but it is a totally unnecessary requirement. At least extend the duration required between logins.
2019-11-15
Use props
Dragline49
lvl.2
United States

WARNING!!! Flight controller logout can happen while in flight!!!

I was recently flying a large survey. Near the end of a flight line, my controller started yelling at me that it needed a new battery. I had done these controller battery hotswaps while in flight without trouble before. However this time, after switching the battery, I was hit with the 1 week timeout window. As I was over 30 mins from the nearest internet connection, I was unable to log back in. I was unable to reestablish visual contact, and could not see any instrument readouts as they were all locked out. The drone ended up crash landing in the woods. Luckily I was able to retrieve the flight logs from the controller and locate where it had landed.

Moral of the story: GET RID OF THE MANDATORY LOGIN DJI
2019-11-19
Use props
Steve
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2019-5-14 23:49
Hi J.L., the login validity of Phantom 4 RTK is 7 days, and it can be used in places where the internet is not available during the validity. If you're planning to work in the places without mobile phone signal, you may check the account login status in advance to avoid further troubles. Hope it helps.

Hi Susan,
I am here for the same issue, having joined this forum because I cant find anyone on the phone who gives a stuff.

Seeing the dates on these posts and the lack of action is very disappointing.

This feature is costing us money as a survey business, being locked out in remote areas until we drive back into reception to hotspot to "Login" to a temperamental wifi that often has 'authentication error' messages.

For what? DJI's benefit? Monitoring users? Maybe they should listen to their customers.

Also, the base station situation.
Having to convert to and enter decimal degrees is very inconvenient, when a simple conversion from a published cartesian system, or DMS within the software is a simple feature.
SAVING BASE STATIONS. Yes, not only do we have to do the conversion, but we also have to input the same information over and over and over.

For a $20k system, I expect the developers will value this feedback.

Cheers.
2020-2-4
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

@Steve-
everything you said plus how about storing the antenna height once entered (separately) and not making the user do the math for the Z value every time? That's how professional survey gear works...
2020-2-5
Use props
guillermomeiner
lvl.4

Argentina

Agree with the need of entering DMS format (coordinates of the base station) and entering base Height.  Would be great if you can use projected coordinate systems (like EVERY software related to  space)
Considering the mistakes you can have entering DD.DDDD format... i think it's a good idea the 50m test (but it should be a warning)
The period of time for next login should be in an message window. But it is impossible to think  in an offline drone, because of the geozones and its changes over time
2020-2-5
Use props
Steve
lvl.1

Australia

Stung me again yesterday.

Another 25 minutes of lost time while the control struggled with the basic function of turning wifi on/off, and connecting to a wifi hotspot ('Authentication Error", "Saved")
Even after connecting it would not acknowledge that it was connected to the internet on the login screen.

Very temperamental.

Does anyone from DJI read these forums, or am I wasting my time posting here?

What is the best line of contact to actually communicate these to someone at DJI who will listen?
2020-2-11
Use props
choppedxs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 602090 ft
New Zealand

Got all excited when DJI released latest  update for the RTK Phantom that could have addressed the issue above but no they decided to remove the DEM which sits on top of the satellite image so you cant plan your flight properly. Ok its a start and something people have asked for which is cool. Only the update  does absolutely nothing. The DEM is still on the map and you cannot turn it on or off as the release note says. Not only that but you cannot update the RC controller the way the instructions suggest and you have to use the SD card method which you have to search the forums for how to do. Perhaps DJI should hire some of us as beta testers so we can save them making mistakes like this in the future. Most companies do this. I am happy to be a beta tester. Oh and get rid of the 7 day brick function!!! PLEASE!!!
2020-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules