Osmo Action - Unleash Your Other Side
11242 153 2019-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Replies reward 5388 Points Reply to this post for a chance to win 6 Points! Each person is 2 times
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Strudmin Posted at 5-19 05:18
can it record 10bit colours?

Hi Strudmin, what H.264 records are 8 bit. The RAW picture can reach 12 bit.
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Altech Posted at 5-17 14:59
Hi Guys, I want to use it as dash cam in my 4X4 , so if I mount it upside down because I be using the top corner of windscreen to mount on .  Will the vision automatically flip/turn 180 degrees on it own   regards Alex

Hi Alex, yes, this feature is available, please check the screenshot below of the User Manual. GTScreenshot_20190520_161308.png
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans8cbc28fe Posted at 5-17 02:01
When is the waterproof case is going to come?

Hi there, we are working on the waterproof case and it shall be released very soon, please note our online store of the future update, thanks for your patience.
2019-5-20
Use props
fYsh
lvl.1

Germany

Replies reward +6 Points

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-16 20:58
Hi fYsh, our engineers are working on it and it shall be released soon, please note the update in our online store, thank you.

Will the release be covered in a Newsletter or is there anyway to get an E-Mail Notification?
Is there any timeline available? This is a buy it or leave it point for me.
2019-5-20
Use props
justinhammondphoto
lvl.2
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

when can we expect an external microphone adapter?
2019-5-21
Use props
dewein
Second Officer
Flight distance : 157746 ft
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

Much better than I expected.
2019-5-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

This camera looks awesome
2019-5-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

MRomine Posted at 5-15 08:51
And I just ordered an Osmo Pocket.

I acme close to ordering the pocket. Glad I didn't.
2019-5-21
Use props
snickell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1782444 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

Would be nice if you added ‘Wake Up’ or ‘Go to Sleep’ to Command List so you could voice activate recording without having to push the Power button.
2019-5-22
Use props
djiuser_fy5MQ4VsFNPi
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Replies reward +6 Points

This is definitely my wishlist.
2019-5-23
Use props
Nodge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3596 ft
United Kingdom

Replies reward +6 Points

I got my Osmo Action yesterday. I managed to connect it to the Mimo app and activate it. I've put the only spare sd card I have in the camera and I get a message saying the card is slow and that recording may stop but it seems to work so far. Must say I'm very impressed with the video quality. Today I started up the Mimo up and I was told there was an update so I turned on the camera and clicked on the update message and I thought a download had started but then nothing happened. I certainly didn't get the firmware update messages I was expecting. I turned both phone and camera off and on again and tried to connect Mimo to the camera but it wouldn't connect. I've tried numerous times and now I've unpaired the camera from the phone and tried to pair it again. The phone tells me to check that the displayed key is showing on the camera but it never does so I can't pair it. Now I'm stuck. When I paired it before I didn't have an sd card in the camera. I don't see how but is it possible the "slow" sd card could stop pairing somehow? I have a new faster card on order which should be here shortly but I'm not confident that will fix the problem.

All suggestions welcome.

John
2019-5-23
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

Nodge Posted at 5-23 13:45
I got my Osmo Action yesterday. I managed to connect it to the Mimo app and activate it. I've put the only spare sd card I have in the camera and I get a message saying the card is slow and that recording may stop but it seems to work so far. Must say I'm very impressed with the video quality. Today I started up the Mimo up and I was told there was an update so I turned on the camera and clicked on the update message and I thought a download had started but then nothing happened. I certainly didn't get the firmware update messages I was expecting. I turned both phone and camera off and on again and tried to connect Mimo to the camera but it wouldn't connect. I've tried numerous times and now I've unpaired the camera from the phone and tried to pair it again. The phone tells me to check that the displayed key is showing on the camera but it never does so I can't pair it. Now I'm stuck. When I paired it before I didn't have an sd card in the camera. I don't see how but is it possible the "slow" sd card could stop pairing somehow? I have a new faster card on order which should be here shortly but I'm not confident that will fix the problem.

All suggestions welcome.

You can also visit the DJI support site for the Camera and download the firmware from there.  UNzip and place the xxxx.bin file in the root of your sd-card.  Turn camera on and it should install the firmware.

Good luck
2019-5-23
Use props
Banjo Norfolk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49921 ft
United Kingdom

Replies reward +6 Points

is it lighter than a gopro ?
2019-5-24
Use props
manoj2
New

India

Replies reward +6 Points

I have Osmo Action,
awesome
I have used it for my private blog
free vcc
2019-5-24
Use props
Shervin Koushan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196037 ft
Norway

Replies reward +6 Points

Has the the first shipments arrived?
2019-5-28
Use props
Shervin Koushan
Second Officer
Norway

Replies reward +6 Points

Please reply if you have gotten it already
2019-5-28
Use props
Shervin Koushan
Second Officer
Norway

manoj2 Posted at 5-24 06:02
I have Osmo Action,
awesome
I have used it for my private blog

Wait, what is vcc?
2019-5-28
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

Shervin Koushan Posted at 5-28 08:36
Has the the first shipments arrived?

I got mine last week in the US - it shipped from China but arrived in about four days.

Friends are on a 10 day boat trip up the Norwegian Coast.  I almost joined them but alas it did not work out.  But a year ago January, I was there for three weeks of cross-country skiing - wonderful trip and very friendly people.  And all those smoked and pickled fishes were wonderful (g)
2019-5-28
Use props
The french globetrotter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4523671 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Replies reward +6 Points

GoldenSun Posted at 5-15 06:11
Is the mount GoPro compatible?

Yes it’s the same thing
2019-5-30
Use props
Shervin Koushan
Second Officer
Norway

ff22 Posted at 5-28 09:12
I got mine last week in the US - it shipped from China but arrived in about four days.

Friends are on a 10 day boat trip up the Norwegian Coast.  I almost joined them but alas it did not work out.  But a year ago January, I was there for three weeks of cross-country skiing - wonderful trip and very friendly people.  And all those smoked and pickled fishes were wonderful (g)

Cool, thanks for the info. And how on earth do you know  I live in Norway haha
2019-5-30
Use props
Shervin Koushan
Second Officer
Norway

ff22 Posted at 5-28 09:12

Friends are on a 10 day boat trip up the Norwegian Coast.  I almost joined them but alas it did not work out.  But a year ago January, I was there for three weeks of cross-country skiing - wonderful trip and very friendly people.  And all those smoked and pickled fishes were wonderful (g)

Just realized it was visible under my profile, never mind

So happy you enjoyed your time here, too bad you couldn't come this time. I can show you around the city of Trondheim if you come again ;)
2019-5-30
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Shervin Koushan Posted at 5-30 12:54
Cool, thanks for the info. And how on earth do you know  I live in Norway haha

I'm psychic!  Actually, your profile shows "Norway" which was kind of a big hint! (g)
2019-5-30
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Shervin Koushan Posted at 5-30 12:56
Just realized it was visible under my profile, never mind

So happy you enjoyed your time here, too bad you couldn't come this time. I can show you around the city of Trondheim if you come again ;)

I may hold you to that.  My friend sent me some pictures earlier today.  Nice.  
2019-5-30
Use props
vrvrvrvrvr
lvl.1
Latvia

Replies reward +6 Points

Guys, product quality itself is good. I am satisfied with recording quality and features. I am glad that you are still using h264 codec for video recording and it doesn't cause hassle to playback and render videos on not so new computers.
Thing that I am really missing is - standby mode with Wi-Fi adapter enabled on. End users should be able to trigger camera's powering on and off from the mobile app. This is must have feature. I do not know fellas who start recording straight away after mounting their action cameras on air plane wings or outside of the cars etc. etc. First you mount. Than you get into position and thirdly start recording. With current feature set it is not possible to boot up your camera by using your mobile phone. If camera shut downs after predefined time, I cant boot it up without getting to it. How I can do it when I am in the air or camera is mounted behind the windscreen while doing dune bashing ??
If this is not the right section for feature requests, please point me to it. Please don't make your end users to be disappointed.
2019-5-31
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

vrvrvrvrvr Posted at 5-31 00:34
Guys, product quality itself is good. I am satisfied with recording quality and features. I am glad that you are still using h264 codec for video recording and it doesn't cause hassle to playback and render videos on not so new computers.
Thing that I am really missing is - standby mode with Wi-Fi adapter enabled on. End users should be able to trigger camera's powering on and off from the mobile app. This is must have feature. I do not know fellas who start recording straight away after mounting their action cameras on air plane wings or outside of the cars etc. etc. First you mount. Than you get into position and thirdly start recording. With current feature set it is not possible to boot up your camera by using your mobile phone. If camera shut downs after predefined time, I cant boot it up without getting to it. How I can do it when I am in the air or camera is mounted behind the windscreen while doing dune bashing ??
If this is not the right section for feature requests, please point me to it. Please don't make your end users to be disappointed.

I can see where a remote control to start and stop recording could be very useful.  Even using it as a Dash Camera could use that feature if the camera is mounted a bit too far away to lean over and press the power and record buttons.  With a remote you could do that with no problem.
2019-5-31
Use props
Shervin Koushan
Second Officer
Norway

ff22 Posted at 5-30 18:31
I may hold you to that.  My friend sent me some pictures earlier today.  Nice.

Just let me know. Here is a sneak peak of what the city has to offer:
2019-5-31
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Shervin Koushan Posted at 5-31 10:08
Just let me know. Here is a sneak peak of what the city has to offer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErHPMeBj32U&

YOUR video?  Nicely done.  

Not sure you'd want to entertain this old guy who prefers Grieg's music! (G)
2019-5-31
Use props
djiuser_QY9ahsPUYOK0
New
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

So after recording for a good 20 min or so I'm 2 to 3 min interval videos or less my Action is overheating like crazy you to the point where the front LCD panel seems to have a Halo effect inside the panel itself, the heat causes an area to bubble or Halo but once it cools down it goes away. I'm worried it may damage the front panel and it's very hot to the touch is this normal?
2019-5-31
Use props
Shervin Koushan
Second Officer
Norway

ff22 Posted at 5-31 12:50
YOUR video?  Nicely done.  

Not sure you'd want to entertain this old guy who prefers Grieg's music! (G)

Yes, made it together with my friends, thanks for the compliments!
Maybe you are a bit older than me, so hard to know on the internet haha. Hope you come to Norway again and bring your drone with you anyway, not so important where you go. Lots of great landscapes everywhere
2019-5-31
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912661 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Replies reward +6 Points

Bought it.
Love it.
Can't wait to create some content with it.

Thanks
2019-6-2
Use props
MarcoFan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361572 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Replies reward +6 Points

2019-6-3
Use props
fans1751852b
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Replies reward +6 Points

Hi,

Are you going to release OSMO ACTION firmware so that we're able to turn off in-camera sharpness - currently there is no way to configure amount of sharpness and default sharpening makes the picture useless - it should be easy to add such option - many users want to sharpen image in post or leave it as it is - adding sharpening control would make OSMO ACTION compete with GOPRO 7 BLACK, now unfortunately GOPRO 7 BLACK has much bettet image quality.

Andrzej
2019-6-3
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439026 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Replies reward +6 Points

Hi, When are the Osmo Action Charging Kit or even just single batteries available? just got my Osmo and one battery will not be enough for us.
2019-6-5
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439026 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Replies reward +6 Points

Did Not know that the Osmo Action was an Aircraft...
2019-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules