Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IMU Calibration does not work
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

Trying to calibrate the IMU, because it say's it's needed, it stops after 2%, everytime I try to do so. My first flight with this Phantom Pro was Jun 18th, 2015

I have done around 300 flight's but it seems like it has gone old. I'f I can't get the IMU to work, it will be spareparts of it.

Anyone has any ideas?

2019-5-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. I would like to ask if the firmware is up to date? Are getting any error message in the application? During the IMU calibration, it recommended staying away in any possible interferences such as radio frequency or metal objects. You may refer to the link below for our video tutorial. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

2019-5-15
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

I have always running on the latest firmware and I have never ever had any problems. It shows no errors, it just stops at 2% and seems to just "giv up". Nothing more is happening, guess it's going to be spareparts of it...
2019-5-16
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Did you cool down the Phantom before you tried to calibrate the IMU ?  If not then you get this error or a bad calibration.
2019-5-31
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dioden Posted at 5-16 05:42
I have always running on the latest firmware and I have never ever had any problems. It shows no errors, it just stops at 2% and seems to just "giv up". Nothing more is happening, guess it's going to be spareparts of it...

Maybe put it in an extreme position or shake it first?
2019-6-1
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

Hi Dioden this is exactly what happened to my P3P a few years ago after a minor crash,  the IMU gets stuck. Now there is a quick fix for this without opening the shell. Insert the battery quickly with sharp force into the phantom and if that does not work, with the battery inserted hit the battery with your palm of your hand a few times ..(I am not joking this worked for me a couple of other pilots) good luck.
2019-6-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I would put a fan on the gimbal to keep it cool.  The P3P is known to overheat during such procedures.   

Here are some more tips:  https://phantompilots.com/threads/soon-to-be-new-owner-phantom-3-advanced.87175/#post-901549

Good luck
2019-6-2
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Norway

AntDX316 Posted at 6-1 01:48
Maybe put it in an extreme position or shake it first?

Already tried, no luck...
2019-6-3
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Norway

Mark The Droner Posted at 6-2 03:36
I would put a fan on the gimbal to keep it cool.  The P3P is known to overheat during such procedures.   

Here are some more tips:  https://phantompilots.com/threads/soon-to-be-new-owner-phantom-3-advanced.87175/#post-901549

Could work, I'll try it out. ..
2019-6-3
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dioden Posted at 6-3 22:35
Already tried, no luck...

Depending on how much it's worth to you, probably time to upgrade?
2019-6-3
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Norway

AntDX316 Posted at 6-3 22:39
Depending on how much it's worth to you, probably time to upgrade?

Yeah, well I have one more, nearly brand new, has flown 2 times (only) but I have been looking at Mavic 2 pro, seems like it's going be that one, later on.
2019-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules