A way to plot/verify the GPS position of the Naza M V2 GPS?
3827 3 2014-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chuck26287
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone know of a way to actually plot/verify on GoogleMaps the GPS location of the Naza M V2 GPS units in the Phantom 2/2+ quads (or in any quad for that matter)?  Is there a locator ID or serial number of the Naza M V2 that can be input into some app to see where the satelite system sees that locator/receiver hardware?  Just like when you launch GoogleMaps on your smartphone, it interfaces with the satelite system and asks it where the GPS receiver in that phone is located, and then the app plots it on the map to show your phone's location as seen by the satelites.  Is there any app out there to allow you to do the same thing, but ask for the location of the GPS receiver in the NazaM V2?

Would any GPS Tracker software allow you to track the Naza M V2 GPS unit, if you had the proper ID data for the receiver?

I would love to find a way to verify where the satelites actually see the quad when the home position is set.
2014-11-11
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

You might want to spend a little more time looking around the DJI website.  I'm puzzled how you might have missed seeing information about "Ground Station"  (available for PC and iPad) .  PC Ground Station
2014-11-12
Use props
chuck26287
lvl.1

United States

gil@wk.net Posted at 2014-11-13 00:23
You might want to spend a little more time looking around the DJI website.  I'm puzzled how you migh ...

Actually, I didn't miss "Ground Station".  It just wasn't what I meant to be asking about.  In my mind, I was inquiring about an app that would allow positive GPS location of the Naza M GPS unit on a Phantom or any MR using the Naza GPS unit.  While the ground station technically is an app that does what I asked about, it's really a hardware/app combo that accomplishes it.  I was searching for a standalone app that would only require the IDentifier info on the Naza GPS hardware which we already have to accomplish the GPS location verification.  Another hardware/app solution would be the new Flytrex Live 3G.  Again, an appl that will do it, but requires hardware (plus carrier service) with it.
However, as I read back over my original post, I realize readers can't know what's "In my mind", and I have to admit I wasn't very clear on the fact that I was only asking about an app solution, and I was not asking about hardware that would allow me to do this.  Therefore, your answer of "Ground Station" is spot on.  It was the way I asked my question that was off.  I just wanted you to know I didn't fail to check around a bit before wasting the forum readers' time with a stupid question.
2014-11-12
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

chuck26287@att. Posted at 2014-11-13 09:32
Actually, I didn't miss "Ground Station".  It just wasn't what I meant to be asking about.  In my  ...

Some people use a separate GPS tracker on their setup with an independent battery so as to find the drone in case of loss or crash....
I have an app that tracks my drones GPS tracker via gsm / text messages / data which ever way you set it up.

No good tracking the drone on board if the battery fell out on landing/crash...

Theres also apps that let you see the sattelites in the area, timeframe, whens best to fly etc...

2014-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules