Best CURRENT Video Tutorials for Noob
658 6 2019-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sky Chief
lvl.2

United States

I just received a new Mavic Pro 2 (with smart controller & fly more kit). With zero flying experience, I would like to learn as much as possible before first flight. I do have a mentor, but he only knows Phantom, no Mavic experience.

Looks like many of the DJI turorials are for original Mavic. Any suggestions for Vid Tut's that are current for Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller?

I will be mostly flying in rural environments, shooting some video, but moslty stills. Especially interested in high res composite still images. But I'd like to acheive some flight competency before first flight. I believe the DJI demo app for Mavic 2 is about $1300, which is more than I'm willing to spend after the recent Mavic purchase. I'm an experienced nature/wildlife still shooter, with some video experience.

I read some useful DJI FAQs, which seemd indispensible. I'm guessing there's a long list of important do's/don'ts.

thanks
2019-5-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for your query to us. We highly recommend you read the manual of the Mavic 2 pro and DJI Smart Controller, it indicates there all the necessary information about the Mavic 2 Pro and the DJI Smart Controller. Also, I will be posting a link below about the tutorials of the Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller you may watch before flight also for your reference as well. In addition, hope that you could get the best recommendation and suggestions from our valued DJI co-pilots. Should you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a safe and happy flying always!

For Mavic 2: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8-vxWY64sBOZVVeCqtTx6OIeyofq_Ver
For Smart Controller: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8-vxWY64sBMA1lTsxQuGHM-LZI85-Ifs
2019-5-15
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is one place to start.

First off welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask all the questions you have.

My tip is this. I would start in beginner mode with the drone. Second do not worry at all about trying to take pics or video while learning to fly. You need to focus on controlling your bird first them move to capturing scenery. Travel to a nice wide open spot (park or countryside) with no trees or telephone poles around. Then just take your time and start slowly lifting the drone up to about 10 - 20 ft off the ground and then work on flying around your position. You will soon get more comfortable with it and then can travel higher and farther as you progress. Once you have a good feel for it then you can start working on capturing footage and images.

I think you can install some 3rd party apps on the smart controller but I am not sure. If you can try the app UAV. This is a good app for checking the area you want to fly in to make sure it is safe.

Happy flying.

2019-5-15
Use props
Sky Chief
lvl.2

United States

Hurley1718 Posted at 5-15 15:49
Here is one place to start.

First off welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask all the questions you have.

Thanks, I have already found/viewed this excellent tutorial!
2019-5-15
Use props
Sky Chief
lvl.2

United States

Is the Mavic Pro 2 flight simulator only for PC or will it run on a Mac?
2019-5-15
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Windows only

Recommended requirements for installation: 64-bit versions of Windows 10 with a GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics Card.

https://www.dji.com/simulator/info#faq
2019-5-15
Use props
Sky Chief
lvl.2

United States

I was surprised to find almost no videos showing use of Smart Controller in flight. Mostly "unboxing" & reviews by loud blowhards. This is the new flagship controller, yet there seem to be almost no in depth training vids, and the Flight Simulator only runs on PC -ignoring 20% of the market. I'm guessing the controls are the same as the previous controllers, still it would be helpful to acquire some proficiency before flying a $2k device.
I know an inspire plot who may be available for some flight coaching, are the interface & controls identical with Inspire & Mavic 2?
This appears to be the top technology in its class, I just don't want to lose it my first day out.
Thanks
2019-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules