Phantom May 2019 update
1683 12 2019-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Simmons
lvl.1
United States

Controller is updated.  Phantom RTK failed to updated.  Not stuck.  The Assistant 2 will not recognize the Phantom when plugged in.  I connected and tried the update via the controller.  The phantom gets un-linked when I try and select update it shows me the diagram to connect the Phantom to the controller.  It is not seeing the Phantom 4 from the controller or PC.  Tried a few cables that I know work.
2019-5-15
Use props
Dragline49
lvl.2
United States

I had the same issue. I ended up updating the drone and base via a computer, it went much smoother this way.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... t-dji-2-for-phantom

Edit: Oops... missed that you had tried via PC. Was it the same software as in the link above?

2019-5-15
Use props
John Simmons
lvl.1
United States

Dragline49 Posted at 5-15 11:25
I had the same issue. I ended up updating the drone and base via a computer, it went much smoother this way.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... t-dji-2-for-phantom

I have installed the Assistant 2 on a couple computers to try and it will not connect at all.  Almost seems when the update failed the first time it crippled the USB on the Phantom.
2019-5-15
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

John Simmons Posted at 5-15 11:31
I have installed the Assistant 2 on a couple computers to try and it will not connect at all.  Almost seems when the update failed the first time it crippled the USB on the Phantom.

Yes, be sure you're using Assistant 2.07 for Windows or 2.06 for Mac. All versions of Assistant don't work withb all platforms. this may or may not be your issue, but is worth confirming.
2019-5-15
Use props
John Simmons
lvl.1
United States

patiam Posted at 5-15 12:10
Yes, be sure you're using Assistant 2.07 for Windows or 2.06 for Mac. All versions of Assistant don't work withb all platforms. this may or may not be your issue, but is worth confirming.

I have tried with both a Mac with 2.06 and the Windows version.  I cannot get the software to recognize the Phantom.  Anybody know if there is a way to do this the old way of loading a BIN file on the card?
2019-5-15
Use props
John Simmons
lvl.1
United States

Was able to use an older Mac this morning and install Assistant to get the Phantom updated.  The other two computers are USB-C computers and did not work.  Using an older MAC with the regular USB cables, it worked.
2019-5-16
Use props
gilrito
lvl.2
Portugal

John Simmons Posted at 5-16 05:24
Was able to use an older Mac this morning and install Assistant to get the Phantom updated.  The other two computers are USB-C computers and did not work.  Using an older MAC with the regular USB cables, it worked.

Dear all,

I would like to update the firmware for the RC and for the P4RTK. Now I ahve the 1.07...
Where I can read a clear setup?
Thanks, Gil
2019-5-17
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

John Simmons Posted at 5-16 05:24

Wow that's interesting.... USB C was the issue? Weird...
Glad you got it sorted!
2019-5-17
Use props
gilrito
lvl.2
Portugal

John Simmons Posted at 5-15 12:37
I have tried with both a Mac with 2.06 and the Windows version.  I cannot get the software to recognize the Phantom.  Anybody know if there is a way to do this the old way of loading a BIN file on the card?

I have the same issues. How did you solve the problem? How do you updated the RC and the P4RTK? Using the bin file in the assistant 2? Or have you used the assistant with a connection to the internet? Thanks
2019-5-18
Use props
DOOMed
lvl.2

Greece

All previous updates for the Phantom RTK and the Phantom 4 Pro were done successfully by using a PC with Windows 7 installed. You also have to be connected to the Web, regardless of Ethernet cable or a Wi-Fi.
Try that, (almost) certain that this will work.
2019-5-18
Use props
gilrito
lvl.2
Portugal

DOOMed Posted at 5-18 04:07
All previous updates for the Phantom RTK and the Phantom 4 Pro were done successfully by using a PC with Windows 7 installed. You also have to be connected to the Web, regardless of Ethernet cable or a Wi-Fi.
Try that, (almost) certain that this will work.

Indeed I succeed using windows (in my case windows 10). Using mac os X it didn't work. Thanks.
Now I have another question. Because I have also a phantom 4 pro, what will happen if I upgrade the batteries? There is any problem for the phantom 4 pro?
Regards, Gil
2019-5-18
Use props
DOOMed
lvl.2

Greece

gilrito Posted at 5-18 08:06
Indeed I succeed using windows (in my case windows 10). Using mac os X it didn't work. Thanks.
Now I have another question. Because I have also a phantom 4 pro, what will happen if I upgrade the batteries? There is any problem for the phantom 4 pro?
Regards, Gil

I tried Windows 10 in everyway I could think of and the bloody thing wouldn't update.
Glad it worked 4 you, though!
Now that is a good question, I have also consider updating the P4Ps' batteries as you did, but for the time being I'm afraid to experiment..My precious P4P has been troublefree and don't want to change that..
2019-5-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yup, glad to hear it was corrected..

RedHotPoker
2019-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now