Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What do you think about the Osmo Action ?
1740 23 2019-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Celsus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

I am not entirely convinced about the release of the Osmo action given the crowded action camera market. Given a choice I would prefer DJI invested with it's core business of drones in addition to improving firmware/software. Either way it's another choice for tech hungry consumers.
Single SelectVote, Total 19 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

0.00% (0)
21.05% (4)
78.95% (15)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-5-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

No comment. Either way... haha

RedHotPoker
2019-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think if you have go pro 7 or similar then not much point, but action cams get used a lot and this is why they are popular, but I believe dji will innovate this market with cameras with great tech that will enhance everything else they have.
Tech is fun and escapism let us have our day in the Sun .
2019-5-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for creating this thread. We're sure that our valued DJI forum members would participate with this poll. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like an impressive addition to the DJI line up
2019-5-16
Use props
Celsus
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 5-15 13:25
Hi, thanks for creating this thread. We're sure that our valued DJI forum members would participate with this pole. Thank you for your support.

Poll
2019-5-16
Use props
Celsus
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 5-15 13:02
No comment. Either way... haha

I hear you ....
2019-5-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Hit upvote... eh? Haha

RedHotPoker
2019-5-16
Use props
Ferdinand Montes / calor1030
lvl.3

United States

Well I place my order 1st thing this morning!!! Just waiting on the tracking number email !!!
2019-5-16
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

One word for Osmo Action, Meh..
2019-5-16
Use props
Celsus
lvl.4
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 5-16 11:52
One word for Osmo Action, Meh..

Another perspective.....The product launch appears to be well supported.
2019-5-16
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

If I didn't already have a GP 7HB then it would be an easy decision to get the Action. The thing is though, it doesn't do enough for me to replace my GP. Plus I already have an O-Pocket which complements it perfectly.
2019-5-16
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I bought one because the stability looks to be amazing and I was in the market for a GP7 Black. My current action cam was a GoPro 4 Black, so I’m due. At least that’s the way I’m going to explain it to my better half.

Think I stand a chance?
2019-5-16
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Celsus Posted at 5-16 13:37
Another perspective.....The product launch appears to be well supported.

If you don’t already own a GoPro or similar action camera I say, go for it.
2019-5-17
Use props
Celsus
lvl.4
United Kingdom

tripleburst Posted at 5-16 14:47
If I didn't already have a GP 7HB then it would be an easy decision to get the Action. The thing is though, it doesn't do enough for me to replace my GP. Plus I already have an O-Pocket which complements it perfectly.

I have a 3+ Black edition that's a little longer in the tooth. It's still a decent little camera that does a decent job. I was on the fence with the Osmo pocket, now I'm now on the fence with the Osmo action. I am fast running out of fence's
2019-5-18
Use props
timesnaps
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180994 ft
China

If it would work without the stupid and rediculous activation process I would keep it... as it is, I am sending it back. Not only is there a huge concern on privacy (the activation process sends all sorts of personal data to the DJI servers) but also it doesnt work half the time. When DJI come out with products that dont need data connection to their servers, I will buy more
2019-5-18
Use props
The french globetrotter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4523671 ft
  • >>>
Canada

That the Gopro isn’t more alone now !
2019-5-18
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

Celsus Posted at 5-18 01:54
I have a 3+ Black edition that's a little longer in the tooth. It's still a decent little camera that does a decent job. I was on the fence with the Osmo pocket, now I'm now on the fence with the Osmo action. I am fast running out of fence's

Depends on your usage. If I were to choose now, Osmo Action would be it. It’s just more versatile,  rugged and waterproof, but still gets you MOST of the benefits of having a gimbal. If you’re replacing a GoPro’, the Action is the logical upgrade.
2019-5-18
Use props
The_Pedro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155292 ft
Portugal

I returned a recently purchased GPH7 Black as I found the image quality of my Osmo pocket to be far superior. I couldn't be happier to see DJI release an action cam.
2019-5-18
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

timesnaps Posted at 5-18 03:40
If it would work without the stupid and rediculous activation process I would keep it... as it is, I am sending it back. Not only is there a huge concern on privacy (the activation process sends all sorts of personal data to the DJI servers) but also it doesnt work half the time. When DJI come out with products that dont need data connection to their servers, I will buy more

The "need" to share too much info is a definite concern.  Why does it need location?  GPS for geo-tagging photos?  Once activated, can it be stopped from ET-calling home?
2019-5-18
Use props
russellg
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I wish DJI would have the extra batteries and charger available when the camera was released, my camera arrives Tuesday but I will be limited in enjoying it as I will need to return home to charge the Osmo.
2019-5-19
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

russellg Posted at 5-19 02:50
I wish DJI would have the extra batteries and charger available when the camera was released, my camera arrives Tuesday but I will be limited in enjoying it as I will need to return home to charge the Osmo.

I’d get one of these in the meantime.
Vidpro PG-6 6000mAh Battery Hand Grip Monopod for Compact Digital Cameras, Camcorders, GoPro/Action, and Smartphones https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FL3 ... p_tai_8kw4CbEHQH3A6
2019-5-19
Use props
timesnaps
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180994 ft
Mexico

ff22 Posted at 5-18 21:31
The "need" to share too much info is a definite concern.  Why does it need location?  GPS for geo-tagging photos?  Once activated, can it be stopped from ET-calling home?

Geotaggin is the offical line, but of course no one would think of using that data for anything else now, would they!? DJI is a tustworthy company, and of course they dont share or sell info with the Chinese government big brother database...
2019-5-20
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

timesnaps Posted at 5-20 07:51
Geotaggin is the offical line, but of course no one would think of using that data for anything else now, would they!? DJI is a tustworthy company, and of course they dont share or sell info with the Chinese government big brother database...

I don't think that the camera has gps or can place a geo-tag on its photos.  Maybe if it is actively linked with a device/tab/cellphone, it could geo-tag but I'm not sure.

I can imagine that drone images might, just might be useful to an unnamed foreign government.  Nah! (g)

2019-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules