Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Rocksteady and Dewarp Modes
5721 5 2019-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1868376 ft
  • >>>
United States

What modes will Rocksteady and Dewarp modes work on? Will Rocksteady work with 4k 60p? Also can you use Dewarp and Rocksteady features simultaneoulsy? Will Dewarp also work shooting stills in RAW?

The biggest downfall with the GoPro was that you can't shoot linear (aka dewarp) mode in 4K.
2019-5-15
Use props
dcrainmaker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 477310 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yup to everything.

RockSteady works in all 16:9 modes at all frame rates except the slow-mo ones (120/240fps aka 8x/4x).  And, Dewarp works in that same round-up, including 4K/60. Of course, the downside there being that the lens angle is much narrower than GoPro, something more easily seen when you compare viewing angles against a closer object (like a building or wall).

For photos it's all the same. Dewarp is toggle-able even with raw photos (or the JPG+RAW option).  Fwiw, I dive into a bunch of this in my full review here: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019 ... n-depth-review.html

And for footage comparisons I show the slight differences between Dewarp on vs off, as well as Dewarp vs a Gopro below (three's a big table of contents at the start of the video, or in the YouTube description, with direct links to each section)

2019-5-15
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a nice comparison. Thanks for sharing.
2019-5-15
Use props
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1868376 ft
  • >>>
United States

dcrainmaker Posted at 5-15 13:44
Yup to everything.

RockSteady works in all 16:9 modes at all frame rates except the slow-mo ones (120/240fps aka 8x/4x).  And, Dewarp works in that same round-up, including 4K/60. Of course, the downside there being that the lens angle is much narrower than GoPro, something more easily seen when you compare viewing angles against a closer object (like a building or wall).

Thanks! The crop doesn't bother. I just want to be able to shoot non fisheye in 4k with an action cam.
2019-5-15
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Yup to everything.

RockSteady works in all 16:9 modes at all frame rates except the slow-mo ones (120/240fps aka 8x/4x).  And, Dewarp works in that same round-up, including 4K/60. Of course, the downside there being that the lens angle is much narrower than GoPro, something more easily seen when you compare viewing angles against a closer object (like a building or wall).

Very good indeed, Thanks a lot.
2019-5-15
Use props
fanseaf601e8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 142828 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Yup to everything.

RockSteady works in all 16:9 modes at all frame rates except the slow-mo ones (120/240fps aka 8x/4x).  And, Dewarp works in that same round-up, including 4K/60. Of course, the downside there being that the lens angle is much narrower than GoPro, something more easily seen when you compare viewing angles against a closer object (like a building or wall).
Hi, thanks for explaining.
Just so I understand, if you select 1080p / 120fps it’s not possible to use rocksteady ?  (I don’t mean x4 from the slow motion menu)
2019-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules