7345 24 2019-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fwandy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Purchased the Osmo action as the links went live and cannot wait to receive it and try it out.
Will you also be using a gimbal with the Osmo Action ?  

I have a FeiyuTech G6 gimbal and have been trying to work if it will fit it or whether i will need some mounting plate.

Wondered if any of the others that have been testing it have tried it with a gimbal ?
2019-5-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're hoping that you could get the best feedback that you may need from our valued DJI Forum members who manage to use gimbal accessory to our DJI Osmo Action cam. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-15
Use props
fans273d858a
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I will be using a Hohem iSteady Pro with it, so that I can do motion timelapse for instance. Since it's pretty much the same form factor and weight of a GoPro Hero6 or Hero7, most gimbals designed for GoPros should work.
2019-5-16
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Austria

will there be a dedicated DJI gimbal product for the OSMO Action that will allow smart control modes?
(I already own a RoninS but it seems silly to use this monster for such a tiny camera, and thus I wouldn't expect good results from this combo..)
2019-5-17
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AVsupport Posted at 5-17 04:00
will there be a dedicated DJI gimbal product for the OSMO Action that will allow smart control modes?
(I already own a RoninS but it seems silly to use this monster for such a tiny camera, and thus I wouldn't expect good results from this combo..)

I would love DJI to release a gimbal for this! Their original Osmo Mobile is my favourite gimbal - if they did one for their action cam it would be brilliant. DJI made the best grip handle and joypad - all very ergonomic. They could have a quick and simple way to attach the camera, allowing it to charge from the gimbal. And if they had a mic jack on the handle to allow a mic to be added away from the gimbal noise (but record to the camera) - that would be perfect!
2019-5-17
Use props
fansa9a8f3e1
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes a DJI gimbal for this would be great
2019-5-17
Use props
ricphoto-S
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I was wondering the same thing...Thinking about the Osmo Mobile 2...will try it Tues when my Action cam arrives
2019-5-17
Use props
fansa9a8f3e1
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ricphoto-S Posted at 5-17 17:59
I was wondering the same thing...Thinking about the Osmo Mobile 2...will try it Tues when my Action cam arrives

Please post back the results here if it works.
2019-5-18
Use props
Fishfeet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4085 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am hoping to use my Feiyoutech G5, but the OA is a bit thicker so need longer screws. It will be a challenge to find that.
2019-5-18
Use props
fansa9a8f3e1
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just received my Osmo Action and it fits and works well with my YI Gimbal 2 so saves me buying a new gimbal.

2019-5-21
Use props
Kurse377
New
Flight distance : 9337 ft
United States

No one has tried it with the osmo mobile 2 and the action cam adapter.  
2019-5-21
Use props
Kurse377
New
Flight distance : 9337 ft
United States

ricphoto-S Posted at 5-17 17:59

Have you had a chance to test it out, any luck?
2019-5-23
Use props
ricphoto-S
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Kurse377 Posted at 5-23 08:58

still looking for an adapter that fits the camera...slightly different than the go pro
2019-5-31
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

ricphoto-S Posted at 5-31 08:06
still looking for an adapter that fits the camera...slightly different than the go pro

The PGYTech site links to their GoPro adaptor under Osmo Action accessories. I would head to a dealer at see if it will works.
2019-5-31
Use props
aBUGSworstnight
New

I'm using my DJI OSMO with a Feiyu WG2 wearable gimbal. The screws that come with the GoPro session adapter have the right lenght for fixing the Osmo action (with the standard GoPro adapter to the gimbal).
works just fine
2019-8-6
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kurse377 Posted at 5-21 22:31
No one has tried it with the osmo mobile 2 and the action cam adapter.

I been using it with the mobile 2 and it dies after a few minutes.

The mobile 2 doesn't seem to like the weight even though it balance.

I now selling my mobile 2 and buying the Hohem Isteady pro 2 gimbal.
2019-8-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kurse377 Posted at 5-23 08:58

I have tried it, as long as you hold it upright it works, but you get the motor in
the video. if you hold it down the mobile 2 dies as if the battery is dead.
Very disappointed. I have tried two different adapters and the same thing happens.

I buying the Hohem Isteady pro 2 gimbal and selling or giving away my mobile 2.
2019-8-7
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

or giving away my mobile 2

Good 4 karma.
I am myself donating old test cameras ASO left and right, i have never liked selling stuff, better to give it away.

I am contemplating the isteady pro 2 too, but have some PC hardware to update first
2019-8-7
Use props
Ya Aku
lvl.2

Indonesia

I am using it with hohem isteady pro 2. And it is working flawlessly... Perfect combination...
2019-8-8
Use props
Stinger1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205016 ft
Australia

No one has tried it with the osmo mobile 2 and the action cam adapter.

It just works. The motors strain at times as if the action is too heavy.
2019-8-8
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

My phone weigh in at a lot more than the Osmo action

Phone = 173 g
Osmo action = 124 g
2019-8-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No one has tried it with the osmo mobile 2 and the action cam adapter.

I've tried it, and when sitting upright catches the side of mount in image, in 'down' position it works without problems for me. As a 'work around' the camera and mounting plate can be turned around and gimbal held with controls facing away from user when recording in the upright gimbal position.

I would likely only ever be using the Mobile 2 for this when recording in HDR (it's very good).
2019-8-9
Use props
Frank8006
lvl.1
Malaysia

I bought Feiyutech G6, downloaded Feiyu ON app, frustrated cannot find osmo action in the camera selection list to connect. Anyone can tell me what app should I use?
2020-1-6
Use props
Fastpackcronicle
lvl.1
Italy

I use a ZHIYUN Z1-Evolution with homemade counterweight and work well but have audio noise.
2020-2-14
Use props
Helmut Ruch
lvl.3
Germany

I'm using the Osmo Action with an iSteady pro since last summer, mainly on my bicycle trips. The results are really excellent, and there is no noice from the gimbal motors on the records. Here is an example, a trip through the center of Münster in Germany:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZeazvKg6qs&feature=youtu.be

2020-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules