Gimbal moves when I use the left joystick to turn the UAV
1118 7 2019-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_lOlFK6x3VV0f
lvl.2
United States

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIgA-T7-XeNn4kMsqWZb2dw?view_as=subscriber
Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 - Gimbal moves a few degrees (maybe between 5-10) either left or right as I use the left joystick to turn the craft left or right. Is this a design-feature or can I disable it? It basically doubles your lateral camera movement for a few degrees in either direction.. makes exact panning control difficult.

I can place the aircraft on a table (not flying - props not on) and when I move the left joystick just a little to either the right or left, the gimbal moves right or left by maybe 5 degrees.  

2019-5-15
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

I think there is a setting where you can disable that. I think its the follow FPV. in the gimbal settings
2019-5-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Mine does that too.  I think they all do it.  I think the idea is to counter the abrupt movement of the AC to provide smoother video.  
2019-5-16
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Yup,  mine also.
2019-5-21
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

IF the settings are the same as for my P4P, on the *camera settings* page of DJI GO app select *FPV Mode*  INSTEAD OF *Follow Mode* and the "dampening effect" will be removed
2019-5-21
Use props
xboxmoddr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 660039 ft
United Kingdom

yup my p3 does that thought that was normal
2019-5-30
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

This is a compensive action of that Gimbal to  record curve flights smoother and protects the yaw axis.
2019-5-30
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's the Yaw.  I've tried flying w/ it off day 1 I think the 1st 1/4 or probably the whole video of this flight but it's more difficult because the whole drone has to turn before it moves so small movements were pretty much non-existent but my settings were pretty much at the lowest possible for Yaw.  I put everything back to default and it seems smoother to fly.

It's worse to fly w/ that setting off.  It's like riding a motorcycle with the steering damper set way higher than needed at low speeds.  It makes it very difficult to turn feel wise.

2019-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules