Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO First Page Orientation iOS
1040 3 2019-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Amarand
lvl.3
Flight distance : 160531 ft
United States

Hopefully this is the correct place for app suggestions.

The DJI GO app opens up forced portrait orientation. All flying modes are designed in landscape orientation.

Many people use their phones/tablets with the RC (I'm assuming), and having to physically turn the RC and phone sideways to work the First Page is super annoying.

I do realize that some folks probably don't use their phones for this purpose, or if they do, they don't mind switching orientations....

But my phone is "locked" into a support structure, which means I need to twist the whole thing sideways to interact with the main page.

I realize that flying needs to be locked into landscape orientation, and this makes perfect sense.

My suggestion is this:

* Allow the front/main page to either be portrait (what it is now) or landscape.  Wouldn't be difficult to redesign a separate view for that orientation.

This way, if the app crashes while you're in-flight, the first page you see isn't sideways. I'd rather not take my fingers off the controls at that point to rotate the RC and phone. It would be a ton easier if it just popped up to the menu, so the "Go Fly" button would be in the lower-right hand corner (of a landscape oriented screen) with similar options.

Anyway....

Am I the first person to suggest this? As an individual who's developed software for iOS before, I know that setting up an alternate (landscape) view of the first page in DGI GO should be a no-brainer for a company as large as DJI.

Thoughts?

2019-5-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Amarand. Thank you for reaching out and for the suggestion you have shared with us today. Let me please forward this thread/suggestion to the designated DJI department. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-5-17
Use props
Amarand
lvl.3
Flight distance : 160531 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-17 09:08
Hello and good day Amarand. Thank you for reaching out and for the suggestion you have shared with us today. Let me please forward this thread/suggestion to the designated DJI department. Thank you for your valued support.

Awesome, thanks! Let me know if you need any clarification on what I'm requesting.
2019-5-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Amarand Posted at 5-17 11:24
Awesome, thanks! Let me know if you need any clarification on what I'm requesting.

You are very much welcome Amarand. We will definitely do that. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules