Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frontalmedia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 221588 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Hello,
We are suddenly experiencing that our Inspire 2 is loosing transmission signal and is entering RTH randomly. This occours on different sites and in different environments. The bird is flying just nice in the beginning of the flight (2-5 mins) and then is reporting about lost transmission, entering RTH.
I am still able to control it, but the cam-op has lost signal at this point. Pilot is then using FPV.

We have tested also in various distnaces from the bird. This is happening both at 500 meters distance, and 10-20 meters...

We are using a Cendence controller for cam-op and a Inspire 2 controler for pilot. Both using Crystalsky. All batteries, drone, controlers and monitors are reporting using latest firmware (May 16th 2019).

Can anyone suggest what to do so we can solve this random error?

Regards,
Kurt Naeslund
Frontal Media as
Norway
2019-5-16
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I suggest checking antennas wiring inside Cendence RC. Some broken on swivelling connector were reported.
2019-5-16
Use props
GeoffG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810082 ft
United Kingdom

It looks like we have the same problem - loss of image transmission from the gimbal (sometimes loss of gimbal control) but other control functions OK.  On ours, if asks whether to RTH.  If you cancel that request if then resets for a while before loosing signal again - very frustrating, and not good advert for DJI when you have customer asking what the problem is!

I have made a couple of posts about it:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D385%26typeid%3D385
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D413%26typeid%3D413
but with little reponse.

I'm thinking (hoping) that it could be a gimbal connection problem and I have found a few comments about replacing the vibration damping board which incorporates the gimbal socket.
The  socket which receives the gimbal on mine has been scuffed quite badlly by the stainless steel bayonet on the gimbal but  I don't see that it is causing the problem as the pins look OK.

2019-5-19
Use props
frontalmedia
lvl.1
  • >>>
Norway

GeoffG Posted at 5-19 02:06
It looks like we have the same problem - loss of image transmission from the gimbal (sometimes loss of gimbal control) but other control functions OK.  On ours, if asks whether to RTH.  If you cancel that request if then resets for a while before loosing signal again - very frustrating, and not good advert for DJI when you have customer asking what the problem is!

I have made a couple of posts about it:

Hello!

Thanks for the feedback! Its somewhat "good" to hear that we are not alone in this matter. DJI should address this though, if its a situation more of us is experiencing.

I will look into the gimbal-possibility also
2019-5-20
Use props
frontalmedia
lvl.1
  • >>>
Norway

Are there anyone else experiencing this? We are REALLY strugling with this on our Inspire 2 now. Some flights are without any problems, other is troublesome just after take of. No idea on what is causing this.

Regards,
Kurt
Norway
2019-6-17
Use props
GeoffG
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi again Kurt,
I've traced my problem (same as yours seemingly) to the connection on the gimbal.  

Set the AC up (without props) and monitor with RC and Go4, then

1.  Try touching the locking tab on the gimbal - mine is very sensitive and the slightest touch causes loss of image and gimbal control.
2.  Turn the locking ring gently without pressing the locking button.  Mine is also ultra sensitive to this, particularly in one direction, again causing loss of image / gimbal.
3.  It would also be worth prodding around the cables between the gimbal vibration board (part 23), and the controller.

So, whether it's cable damage or something elctronic in the locking ring, it seems highly likely to be the problem area.

Good luck.  I'm going to get part 23 replaced.
2019-6-20
Use props
gagacc
New
Flight distance : 173488 ft
Serbia

We have the same issue. Few days ago it started to happen. No matter how far away from the aircraft slave RC just losses signal and says Aircraft Disconnected. We tried everything rolling the firmware back on the aircraft, changing frequencies, rolling the RC firmware back nothing helped.

I guess this is something wrong the aircraft it self, it disconnects randomly on 10m range 50m range 300 or 700m range, offering to RTH.

We had this aircraft for two years now without any problem and have been using it with Master and Slave Controller for a few months. I just wanted to mention that we had updated the aircraft to latest firmware then we got it back to the previous one.

It would be good if someone from DJI should look more into this, because I don't want to send the aircraft back to Germany just to check it out and then tell me to pay extra 150 euros for 2 hours of nothing.
2019-7-3
Use props
gagacc
New
Flight distance : 173488 ft
Serbia

Just a quick update, we just tested the aircraft on a field with Aircraft Firmware: V01.02.0200 and RC Firmware 01.01.0050 without any kind of problems. No signal loss, no sudden disconnects. We flew about 15 minutes biggest distance was 1.100 meters.

More update to come in a next few days when we go out on field.

2019-7-3
Use props
GeoffG
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just curious - did you sort this out?  I swapped the vibration absorbing board (gimbal mount) on mine, which solved the problem
2019-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules