Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Joined the Phantom 3 Standard family.
933 14 2019-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mhinc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Had some great advice from people here in regards to what to look for when buying a used Phantom 3 Standard.  I already have a spark.  But based on what this Phantom came with, and the condition it was in, I just couldn't resist. Pacakge came with:

All for $350.00 Canadian!  Which I thought was a pretty good deal.

First flight I didn't do any calibrations.  Just took it up to make sure it was all good.  Noticed alttidude hold was swaying left and right by about a foot either way.
Hoped it was only due to need of calibration.

So got it home.  Calibrated the IMU, Compass and Gimbal.  Took it out today in 20 KPH winds and it held strong.  Thing is a beast compared to my little Spark.

20190514_191255.jpg
2019-5-16
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

I think,it´s a good deal. The RC/AC are precalibrated. Look for cracks on the shell. Is nothing there then go flying.
2019-5-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Congrats!!!
2019-5-16
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Canada

Peterx Posted at 5-16 02:26
I think,it´s a good deal. The RC/AC are precalibrated. Look for cracks on the shell. Is nothing there then go flying.

It's crack free.  I took it for a good test flight already. Works great
2019-5-16
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Nice setup for sure.  Enjoy!
2019-5-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Congrats !
2019-5-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for sharing your experience with your newly purchase DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Have a safe and happy flying always. Cheers!
2019-5-16
Use props
Air/America
lvl.4

United States

https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-standard
2019-5-16
Use props
Cellblock776
lvl.2
Flight distance : 647454 ft
United States

Congrats on finding a great deal.  
A couple of years ago by boss decided that we would start a UAV unit at work and wanted me to be the first to go though a short 3 day class and take the FAA Pt 107.  So I did. But I had never flown a UAV before. After the class, where I flew an Inspire 1, my boss decided on purchasing a Phantom 4 Pro. I knew it would take a couple of months for the request to go through all of the typical red tape so I decided to purchase my own UAV to practice on. That way, when the company finally received the P4P, I would be comfortable flying a similar aircraft.  I chose the Phantom 3 Standard.  It was cheap, didn't have a bunch of complicated sensors and was simple for a noob like me to learn on.  By the time the P4P arrived at work I was used to flying a Phantom and impressed my boss with what I knew.
Today I still have the P3 Standard but it is back up to a P3 Advanced. I started my own LLC for flying aerial video/photo jobs in the real estate and light construction market. While the P3 Advanced gets most of the time in the air these days, the Standard will never be sold.  It is still a great aircraft and holds a special place in my heart. It's what I really started out on and is still fun to fly.   Enjoy your P3 Standard.   
2019-5-17
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Canada

Cellblock776 Posted at 5-17 17:20
Congrats on finding a great deal.  
A couple of years ago by boss decided that we would start a UAV unit at work and wanted me to be the first to go though a short 3 day class and take the FAA Pt 107.  So I did. But I had never flown a UAV before. After the class, where I flew an Inspire 1, my boss decided on purchasing a Phantom 4 Pro. I knew it would take a couple of months for the request to go through all of the typical red tape so I decided to purchase my own UAV to practice on. That way, when the company finally received the P4P, I would be comfortable flying a similar aircraft.  I chose the Phantom 3 Standard.  It was cheap, didn't have a bunch of complicated sensors and was simple for a noob like me to learn on.  By the time the P4P arrived at work I was used to flying a Phantom and impressed my boss with what I knew.
Today I still have the P3 Standard but it is back up to a P3 Advanced. I started my own LLC for flying aerial video/photo jobs in the real estate and light construction market. While the P3 Advanced gets most of the time in the air these days, the Standard will never be sold.  It is still a great aircraft and holds a special place in my heart. It's what I really started out on and is still fun to fly.   Enjoy your P3 Standard.

I hear you.  I have a Spark as well, the time difference in getting set up for the Spark Vs the P3S is a huge difference.  I love that I am ready to fly in literally 1 minute with the Phantom.  I do however miss the OTG.
2019-5-17
Use props
NM_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Mhinc Posted at 5-17 20:01
I hear you.  I have a Spark as well, the time difference in getting set up for the Spark Vs the P3S is a huge difference.  I love that I am ready to fly in literally 1 minute with the Phantom.  I do however miss the OTG.

You got a fairly good deal on your P3S, especially with the two extra batteries.  I've had mine since they first came out and its still going strong and in the sky often.  The extra batteries are nice ... that 20-25 minute flight goes by pretty fast when you're having fun and nice if you traveled any distance to fly where a one battery flight just isn't much.  Fly conservatively and take care of your bird (you know, stay away from trees, always fly with a fully charged battery, etc.) and it will serve you well.  With the P3 line discontinued, it will be hard and expensive getting replacement parts, even props, in the near future.  So don't break anything if you can't help it!  Enjoy your P3S.
2019-5-18
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool setup.
2019-5-18
Use props
GoldenSun
lvl.4
Poland

Have fun!
2019-5-19
Use props
P3KoYoT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1846667 ft
Poland

I see some serious modification on the R/C - how stable the connection is ?
The A/C is also modified? ie improved or reinforced bottom shell just under engine mount?
2019-5-23
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Good deal indeed, Happy Flying
2019-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules