2246 25 2019-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ManchesterOP
lvl.4
United States

New firmware availabe for the OP with added :
1. Increased the focus speed and reduced focus pulsing
2. added Hyperlapse shooting mode, Note that courrently Hyperlaspe is only available when using OP not Mimo App
3. added volume adjustment for external Mic

99 Mb

2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Already done before you post, but thanks anyway !!
2019-5-16
Use props
ManchesterOP
lvl.4
United States

Did you notice any improvements to the focus?
I can't test until later, as I haven't got my OP with me at work
2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

ManchesterOP Posted at 5-16 02:12

Not yet tested.
2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Only found the mic level adjustment can be 'Auto' or set from 0-20db in 1db increment.  Tap the left top 'Pro' icon of OP screen to set ....

At the moment it is adjustable at the OP, Mimo app version 1.1.0 not yet at app store, will wait and see if it also can adjust at the phone.
2019-5-16
Use props
hedac
lvl.4
Spain

just tested to do an hyperlapse... Very cool!
video is 1080 only? not UHD? still very cool and easy.

2019-5-16
Use props
Velospinner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 532671 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Thanks for the message. Just updating now.
2019-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thank you for the heads up, updated and all is fine, I had noticed in last FW big difference with focus, looks like it could even get better .
2019-5-16
Use props
andrei193
Second Officer
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

Hyperlapse feature, that's awesome. I always used a gimble with gopro for shooting hyperlapses. Can't wait to test it.
2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

hallmark007 Posted at 5-16 04:09
Thank you for the heads up, updated and all is fine, I had noticed in last FW big difference with focus, looks like it could even get better .

Yeah, a lot faster and precise.
2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

ManchesterOP Posted at 5-16 02:12

Yes, focus faster and precise, not yet encounter any hunting so far.
2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Findings round up after firmware update (Audio part):

With mic level adjustment, can select either 'Auto' or manual adjust from 0-20db in 1db increment. Tap 'Pro' icon at top right to the sub menu.

At the moment it is adjustable at the OP, Mimo app version 1.1.0 not yet at app store, will wait and see if it can be adjust at the phone.

A 3 section bar appears at the right top corner when mic connected !!  good to see this.

Before start a recording, go to mic setting, there is a vertical bar at the left to show the level for monitoring, and the 3 section bar moves too.

Former setting of low = 1db, moderate = 10db, high = 20db.

Preliminary test, at 'Auto' the level is higher than highest setting of 20db.... don't know if distortion will be exist at 'Auto' or not .......
2019-5-16
Use props
FrankThomas
lvl.1

Japan

So still no way to practically livestream or at least turn off the mimo overlay so you can livestream your phone's screen... Extremely disappointing. I will be returning my Osmo Pocket and advising my clients NOT to buy this OR the Osmo Action for their livestreaming needs.
2019-5-16
Use props
johnny fiveo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2997710 ft
  • >>>
United States

I updated the firmware but see no option for hyperlapse.  Any help or information would be appreciated.
2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

johnny fiveo Posted at 5-16 06:06
I updated the firmware but see no option for hyperlapse.  Any help or information would be appreciated.

At Timelapse, swipe right to select further options.
2019-5-16
Use props
johnny fiveo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Oh-no Posted at 5-16 06:16
At Timelapse, swipe right to select further options.

Thanks Oh-no...got it.  I was looking for it's own in the menu.  didn't think on going to timelapse first.  Appreciate it!!!!
2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

johnny fiveo Posted at 5-16 06:19
Thanks Oh-no...got it.  I was looking for it's own in the menu.  didn't think on going to timelapse first.

Glad you found it. DJI placed there because Hyperlapse is kind of Timelapse :-)
2019-5-16
Use props
johnny fiveo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Oh-no Posted at 5-16 06:21
Glad you found it. DJI placed there because Hyperlapse is kind of Timelapse :-)

Makes perfect sense.
2019-5-16
Use props
ManchesterOP
lvl.4
United States

If its under timelapse, does this mean for a hyperlapse you can't track an object? As in moving around an object it tracks it, whilst doing a hyperlapse
if, so I think I'll stick to my current method of making hyperlapses
2019-5-16
Use props
The General
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13609 ft
Japan

I just updated the firmware and tested out hyperlapse.

1. You CAN use ActiveTrack to track/follow an object while making a hyperlapse. Works great.

2. You CAN use FaceTrack as well during the hyperlapse. Works as well as FaceTrack normally does.

3. You can also change the gimbal mode while shooting. As someone mentioned, 'fast follow' is grayed out.

4. You can also tap 3 times and it will swing the gimbal around from front to back, and automatically activate FaceTrack. This actually looks pretty cool.

I set the shutter to 30 and iso to automatic, 5X speed and I think it came out looking great! A very good firmware update and I feel DJI will not disappoint with continued updates.

Didn't test the focus, but it seems they are improving it step by step and my guess is within a month we will have no complaints about that either.

2019-5-16
Use props
ManchesterOP
lvl.4
United Kingdom

You can now also switch off the beeps (recording etc) , was not availble in UK before, not sure if it works in other regions
Settings /Key tone (On /Off)
2019-5-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this new firmware that we've released for the Osmo Pocket. Please update the firmware of your unit to maximize the usage of your Osmo Pocket. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Update: FYI, Mimo iOS app v1.1.0 audio level adjustment remains the same as before, AUTO, LOW, MODERATE, HIGH .....
2019-5-16
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Ah, hyperlapse at last! Just updated the FW and I'm really looking forward to try it out this weekend.
2019-5-17
Use props
The General
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13609 ft
United States

ManchesterOP Posted at 5-16 09:10
You can now also switch off the beeps (recording etc) , was not availble in UK before, not sure if it works in other regions
Settings /Key tone (On /Off)

Are firmware updates different in different regions, like with Samsung phones? I would have assumed the previous firmware was the same everywhere, and that you could have muted the 'beep' a month ago or so.
2019-5-17
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

The General Posted at 5-17 20:36
Are firmware updates different in different regions, like with Samsung phones? I would have assumed the previous firmware was the same everywhere, and that you could have muted the 'beep' a month ago or so.

It is location base legal obligation issue.
There was a report in this forum that US user went to Japan with Beep off pocket but as soon as he connect it to the Mimo app, Beep automatically turned on to meet with Japanese regulation.
And also turned off again when leave Japan.
2019-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules